Help Needed on Alishan Accomodation

TVaddict

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to Alishan next month. It's my first time there and I'm bringing my mother and mother-in-law who are elderlies.

I understand it's nice to see the sunrise at Zhu Shan and it's possible to take a train from the Zhu Shan train station to the sun rise spot.

Hence greatly appreciate for any recommendation on hotels near the Zhu Shan train station as I do not want the elderlies to walk too long especially in the middle of the night for catching the sun rise.

I'm open to all suggestions and alternatives as well.

Thanks in advance.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The train ride will bring you there. So any hotel near to the main recreation forest area will do fine.

pro-fork

Reaction score
Thanks Calkel20. Any hotel that you feel is good?

i stayed at lauya minsu (just google it), and was VERY impressed with the service, room condition, and location. the minsu owner will give u an introduction of alishan + fengqihu, and help u to charter car up to alishan for sunrise or eryanping for sunset etc. one of my best stayover in tw

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i stayed at lauya minsu (just google it), and was VERY impressed with the service, room condition, and location. the minsu owner will give u an introduction of alishan + fengqihu, and help u to charter car up to alishan for sunrise or eryanping for sunset etc. one of my best stayover in tw

So many stayed in Lauya since 2013 after Fireworks79 and Gixxerfield recommended them.

sulpice

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to Alishan next month. It's my first time there and I'm bringing my mother and mother-in-law who are elderlies.

I understand it's nice to see the sunrise at Zhu Shan and it's possible to take a train from the Zhu Shan train station to the sun rise spot.

Hence greatly appreciate for any recommendation on hotels near the Zhu Shan train station as I do not want the elderlies to walk too long especially in the middle of the night for catching the sun rise.

I'm open to all suggestions and alternatives as well.

Thanks in advance.

no hotels in forest. only minsu. but good enough. better stay near so u dont need to wake up at bloody 4 am to watch sunrise. ok.

macintosh

Reaction score
Which other minsu do you all recommend? :s11:

lauya minsu does not have the dates available i wanted.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Sometimes they don't seem available because you are trying to book too early. Email them to check when is the earliest you can try to book.

unity58

Master Member
Reaction score
You can try out 53.1 homestay. I stayed there 3 days ago. I find the room very nice as I took the 53.2 room with full windows. If you are taking public tpt, there a bus stop outside too (anding stop). I also even saw yun hai and sunset and sunrise just around the minsu but all these got to depend on luck though.

ragonic

Reaction score

Lauya mingsu and all are located slightly off the alishan station. Which will take about 30min+- to get to scenic location.

Now flower season booking hotel up at the mountain are tough

shermianz

Reaction score
im staying at fenqihu hotel for 1 night.

going for the 3 free tours by the hotel for day 1 around fenqihu area. what else can i do for day 2 except for sunrise? thinking if maximising my time up there at alisan and take a late bus back to chiayi

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Alishan, can go in the morning and come come in evening? Enough time?

playlove

Reaction score
Hi, do you have the website to book? I tried to Google 53.1 homestay but seems like they are under renovation.

You can try out 53.1 homestay. I stayed there 3 days ago. I find the room very nice as I took the 53.2 room with full windows. If you are taking public tpt, there a bus stop outside too (anding stop). I also even saw yun hai and sunset and sunrise just around the minsu but all these got to depend on luck though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.