HSR question and need help

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going Taiwan on a biz trip and will be travelling from Taipei all the way south to Tainan and Kaohsiung.

My flight back to Singapore is next Saturday departing from Taipei airport at abt 7am but I will be in Tainan till abt 8pm.

Can I check if anyone knows how long is the journey from Tainan to Taipei by the High Speed Rail and their operating hours ?

Thanks in advance.

You can check Taiwan high speed rail website for time schedule, the site is in English so very easy to understand.
Last train from Tainan is 12am+ about 1hr 20min.
If you going airport straight away then is to taoyuan not taipei.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going Taiwan on a biz trip and will be travelling from Taipei all the way south to Tainan and Kaohsiung.

My flight back to Singapore is next Saturday departing from Taipei airport at abt 7am but I will be in Tainan till abt 8pm.

Can I check if anyone knows how long is the journey from Tainan to Taipei by the High Speed Rail and their operating hours ?

Thanks in advance.

Duration from tainan to Taipei: 2hrs
Or you can stay in taipei.
Set alarm at 4am.
Grab a cab to taoyuan international airport.
Alternatively book novotel taoyuan.
Head to airport from there.
Distance to airport from hotel, 5-10mins.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, ask you all. I am reading the HSR website on how to purchase the tickets. It says something about early bird discount of 10%, 20% and 35%. I saw quite a few 10%, random 20%, but almost never any 35%. Even if at 20% its about same price as klook lor. Is there a trick to get 35% wan??? :s13::D

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, ask you all. I am reading the HSR website on how to purchase the tickets. It says something about early bird discount of 10%, 20% and 35%. I saw quite a few 10%, random 20%, but almost never any 35%. Even if at 20% its about same price as klook lor. Is there a trick to get 35% wan??? :s13::D

Must book super early.
Comes with great planning.

timreh

Reaction score
Hi Calkel20,

There are 2 of us flying to Taipei on 16th Apr arriving at 6 am & want to take the HSR to Tainan. Will it be better to take the 8.34 am or 9.34 am train? Will also need train tickets from Tainan to Kaoshiung & from Kaoshiung back to Taipei.

Advice is needed. Pls contact me. Thks

WenTai

Reaction score
Code:
For HSR, just book direct from the official website can already. No need to go thru KLOOK. The website is pretty easy easy to use. Just need to key your passport number and show your passport when collecting the ticket at the counter.

do i need to sign up as member (i.e. create account) first before booking?
can i book for my family members as well? or they need to create their own account to book?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code:

do i need to sign up as member (i.e. create account) first before booking?
can i book for my family members as well? or they need to create their own account to book?

Not required though.
If unsure, get from me.
Price not much difference..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.