HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Jiufen readme

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Jiufen readme

Private Driver no longer can drop off at the Jiufen front street. Be prepared to climb flights of 100m of steps (60-deg inclination), I not-so-old-uncle also need to take short break twice climbing up. My kids and wife, cursed and swear why go to that sh*tty place.
I told them, just for check-in photos of the red lantern steps scene in "Spirited Away" (阿妹茶楼)
Extremely crowded at these steps in the evenings. (Japanese tourists)

Bus and Taxi are the only allowed public transport at the front street.
Tour coach bus and private cars will be booked for traffic offence if they bring tourists up.
Old 19-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Private Driver no longer can drop off at the Jiufen front street. Be prepared to climb flights of 100m of steps (60-deg inclination), I not-so-old-uncle also need to take short break twice climbing up. My kids and wife, cursed and swear why go to that sh*tty place.
I told them, just for check-in photos of the red lantern steps scene in "Spirited Away" (阿妹茶楼)
Extremely crowded at these steps in the evenings. (Japanese tourists)

Bus and Taxi are the only allowed public transport at the front street.
Tour coach bus and private cars will be booked for traffic offence if they bring tourists up.
I take taxi from shifen to juifen (miss train), he let me alight there. Tiring to climb all the stairs.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

For cats lovers, don't forget to visit the nearby Houtong TRAIN station near Jiufen. The Cat Village hilly village located above the Houtong TRAIN station.

Buy the cat food at the village, not at the station (more ex).
Fruity Shaved ice at the Houtong station is nice.

Cross the rusty bridge next to station to the Valley where the disused Houtong Coal Mine. Pay a small fee to take the miner train to experience 20-30mins as a coal miner. Play with jack-hammer, operate a coal scoop machinery, play with "seesaw" Handcar.

Last edited by kevinlaikf; 20-12-2019 at 11:33 AM..
kevinlaikf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 02:06 AM   #4

I take taxi from shifen to juifen (miss train), he let me alight there. Tiring to climb all the stairs.
How much is the taxi fare?
Toomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

How much is the taxi fare?
I think is 250ntd per pax, full then start driving. I only 2 pax, wait 15 mins no ppl want to take, so pay 1k ntd for 2 pax
Old 27-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think is 250ntd per pax, full then start driving. I only 2 pax, wait 15 mins no ppl want to take, so pay 1k ntd for 2 pax
Huh i thought i saw that it's a flat NTD200 per taxi Saw a board at Shifen saying it's NTD250.

I took the train from Shifen back to Ruifang, then decided to take Taxi instead cause I was too lazy to wait for the bus.
Paid a total of NTD200 for 1 taxi (7 seater taxi) from Ruifang to Jiufen for 2 pax.
Was even considering to pull other family in to split the NTD200. 6 pax share = super cheap lol.
Old 27-12-2019, 10:33 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

Huh i thought i saw that it's a flat NTD200 per taxi Saw a board at Shifen saying it's NTD250.

I took the train from Shifen back to Ruifang, then decided to take Taxi instead cause I was too lazy to wait for the bus.
Paid a total of NTD200 for 1 taxi (7 seater taxi) from Ruifang to Jiufen for 2 pax.
Was even considering to pull other family in to split the NTD200. 6 pax share = super cheap lol.
"Saw a board at Shifen saying it's NTD250"
Yes, 250 ntd per pax, 4 to go. I already wait for 15mins for another 2 pax, but all ppl on tour/ hire driver, so no choice have to pay 1000 ntd lol.
Shifen to Juifen is quite far. Ruifang to Jiufen is very near, that's why a lot cheaper but taxi there usually do tour package.
Old 27-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

"Saw a board at Shifen saying it's NTD250"
Yes, 250 ntd per pax, 4 to go. I already wait for 15mins for another 2 pax, but all ppl on tour/ hire driver, so no choice have to pay 1000 ntd lol.
Shifen to Juifen is quite far. Ruifang to Jiufen is very near, that's why a lot cheaper but taxi there usually do tour package.
Glad i took train to ruifang > taxi to jiufen then
I was complaining on train should have just booked the taxi in shifen to send us to jiufen Didn't know it would be NTD1000 for the taxi.
Old 27-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #9
Supremacy Member

Glad i took train to ruifang > taxi to jiufen then
I was complaining on train should have just booked the taxi in shifen to send us to jiufen Didn't know it would be NTD1000 for the taxi.
When I reach shifen train station, the train is there but super pack, so decide to take the next train. End up next train is 1hr later
Nvm learn the lesson
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.