HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Jobs in Taiwan for Singaporeans

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #1

Jobs in Taiwan for Singaporeans

Always wondered what kinds of jobs Singaporeans do in Taiwan. Any Singaporean working in Taiwan in this forum? I have thought about working in Taiwan, as I love the country and warm Taiwanese and delicious food. Any Singapore or Taiwanese company with dealings in both countries?
potatopot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Master Member

Lol, IIRC, the typical Taiwanese degree holder pay is like NT20000 which is less than SGD1k. To get a well paying one, try looking for companies that will post you there, with expat pay. Try Dell?
fone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

I am working here. The salary is really low.
hub8246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Their beginning salary for fresh grad is about 23000NT, which is quite low after conversion. But nonetheless, their life can be quite simply pass, unlike in Singapore, if you earn that figure after conversion, get ready to eat grass...
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #5

the salary low but the food,clothes n transport n housing all cheaper also. so overall is balanced. just that u will burn a big hole in pocket when come bac sg.
iminalost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Greater Supremacy Member

For the experience yes but for the long term especially if you're gonna come back to SG, might be siong..

Last edited by Gixxerfied; 27-02-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Gixxerfied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

the salary low but the food,clothes n transport n housing all cheaper also. so overall is balanced. just that u will burn a big hole in pocket when come bac sg.
Housing not exactly that cheap la. Now everywhere also housing squeeze lor. Unless you rent or stay really out of big towns instead of TPE.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

Up for TS... I also want to know.
Sambuca78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #9

Well the replies may come in late but i happened to saw this posting so spend a few minutes to reply

Actually you cannot use those figure you saw in the news as those are for locals. For a company to employed foreigner, they must be of a certain size and turnover.

I think like singapore they must also offered a "minimum" salary. If i am not wrong, they cannot go below NT$48k.

Like what some said if you get posted here of course on expat pay it is much higher and they pay for your housing etc.

For local hire, you work like the local. Tax is about 5, 12% or 18% depending on how much you earn. Rental is much cheaper than singapore. For about S$750 you can get a very nice studio apartment. And there are plenty of studio apartments in Taiwan.

Transport, you can ride a scooter (which a lot of foreigner are doing). 2nd hand about NT$10k-15K (S$500-750). And if you drive, the 2nd hand car are cheap. A 10 years Ford Mondeo cost about NT$90,000 (inclusive of tax, transfer fee etc) (about S$4500) and a 15yr Opel is only NT$30K (about S1.5k cheaper than a Gucci bag)

Well, Singaporean usually work as regional sales and marketing or some commercial positions. Seldom heard singaporean working in engineering positions.
bartman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #10
Master Member

Well the replies may come in late but i happened to saw this posting so spend a few minutes to reply

Actually you cannot use those figure you saw in the news as those are for locals. For a company to employed foreigner, they must be of a certain size and turnover.

I think like singapore they must also offered a "minimum" salary. If i am not wrong, they cannot go below NT$48k.

Like what some said if you get posted here of course on expat pay it is much higher and they pay for your housing etc.

For local hire, you work like the local. Tax is about 5, 12% or 18% depending on how much you earn. Rental is much cheaper than singapore. For about S$750 you can get a very nice studio apartment. And there are plenty of studio apartments in Taiwan.

Transport, you can ride a scooter (which a lot of foreigner are doing). 2nd hand about NT$10k-15K (S$500-750). And if you drive, the 2nd hand car are cheap. A 10 years Ford Mondeo cost about NT$90,000 (inclusive of tax, transfer fee etc) (about S$4500) and a 15yr Opel is only NT$30K (about S1.5k cheaper than a Gucci bag)

Well, Singaporean usually work as regional sales and marketing or some commercial positions. Seldom heard singaporean working in engineering positions.
Kao. No engineering sio.. How abt their electronics n aerospace industry over there?
Kirakun83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
High Supremacy Member

... The working culture its different also . Somewhat similar to Japanese
laksa2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #12

... The working culture its different also . Somewhat similar to Japanese
For IT and electronics, the changes is working culture has changes over the years, they tried to take a a more international approach now. Which is why some companies like to have foreigner in their management to gain overseas management experience. This is still a transitional period so i would say it is not a 100% change. 50-50. 60% tops

For traditional manufacturing, yes the culture is VERY different from singapore. From management, strategic planning to working style.

But there are some bigger traditional manufacturer (usually the 2nd or 3rd generation owners) see the need for a change and some are slowly changing.
Old 30-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #13

Kao. No engineering sio.. How abt their electronics n aerospace industry over there?
Well, we have a community of Singaporean here but does not know anyone who is a engineer. Mostly are in sales and marketing or finance. I think the language barrier may be too much to handle. Can you imagine all those technical terms that you used they said it in chinese here?

I do know a few foreign engineers but they are mostly from Euprope with the most coming from German. (companies here like German engineers) and they are usually the head of the engineering team overseeing a group of taiwanese engineers
Old 06-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #14

I would like to know the process of getting work permit, visa to taiwan.

just secured a job there. Would like to know the process above, anybody can help? what are the documentation to prepare?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #15

I would like to know the process of getting work permit, visa to taiwan.

just secured a job there. Would like to know the process above, anybody can help? what are the documentation to prepare?
They will need your educational certs and the company will apply your work permit. Once that approved, they will send you the original copy (ask for it if they did not send as you need it)

Bring the original work permit, passport and photos to PSA building (Taiwan Trade office) and apply for residential visa.

After receive move to Taiwai. When reach taiwan, within 7 days, go to the immigration offices in your state to apply for ARC
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.