www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Taiwan (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/taiwan-291/)
-   -   Kena speeding ticket. Now car rental company finding me! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/taiwan-291/kena-speeding-ticket-now-car-rental-company-finding-me-6108127.html)

Helphelpplease 06-09-2019 11:47 AM

Kena speeding ticket. Now car rental company finding me!

Hi all,

I was in Taiwan earlier part of this year. I rented a car and this morning, I received an email saying that I got a speeding ticket fine. Total of 1600 TWD. Equivalent to about 70SGD.

The thing is... somewhere mid of this year. I changed my credit card. So the card on their side is invalid. The email did state that should I not revert, they will take legal action.

What would happen if I actually act blur and ignore. Will they really be able to take legal actions? Or do you advise that I pay?

Thank you.

Takagi 06-09-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helphelpplease (Post 122626530)
Hi all,

I was in Taiwan earlier part of this year. I rented a car and this morning, I received an email saying that I got a speeding ticket fine. Total of 1600 TWD. Equivalent to about 70SGD.

The thing is... somewhere mid of this year. I changed my credit card. So the card on their side is invalid. The email did state that should I not revert, they will take legal action.

What would happen if I actually act blur and ignore. Will they really be able to take legal actions? Or do you advise that I pay?

Thank you.

My opinion, is settle it

but of cuz up to u
since they got your info and if they do report it, not sure what will happened

Laundryman 06-09-2019 12:23 PM

Come on, don’t be a nasty Singaporean. Speeding is an offence no matter where. Just pay even if you have no intentions of returning to Taiwan again. It will be most embarrassing if yr work required you to travel there and you get arrested upon arrival. Try explaining that to your HR/boss. Business conduct issue qualifies for immediate termination.

Quote:

Hi all,

Thank you.

KnifeK1 06-09-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

Thank you.

Its only $70 buck don't waste your time and don't let it linger in your mind and bother your day to day work. Its just 70 buck.

IndianChief 06-09-2019 01:23 PM

Don't pay lah... not like they gonna sue you over 70$ lol

athenodorus 06-09-2019 04:47 PM

ppl like u caused bad impression of us as tourists.

dilphinus 06-09-2019 05:35 PM

Well, if you don't pay, let us know if you'll be able to enter Taiwan the next time you go.

heroblack 12-09-2019 10:42 AM

don't hero la, just pay only la. $70 only cannot pay up meh?

I kena before, my rental company sent the photo to me.
Photo states very clearly the date, time and location of where the offence is committed.
In the user agreement that was signed when you rented the car, you probably signed to say that you are liable for any traffic offences you committed during the rental period.
So if you choose to siam, then what happens next time you go over nobody knows.

dilphinus 12-09-2019 04:57 PM

I think a lot of people are unaware that immigration share data.

I have ever seen the profile of someone (in the other lane) showed up and was questioned if she travelled under a different name, etc. Whether petty crimes info are shared or not, I don't know.

I know some students (eons ago) who were studying in Australia, they left the country with bills unpaid, etc. They didn't think they were going back to Australia. They couldn't get a visa for entry into Australia when they tried.

rotting@desk 22-09-2019 08:30 PM

Ts mai la suo la

$70 also wan siam

Man up n pay, case close suan le

But remember ask for proof tht car rental co did settle it after u paid or keep proof of u paying the fine. Just in case future suay suay got dispute.

yusoffb01 22-09-2019 08:35 PM

ts dont pay. i also curious what will happen