HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Kena speeding ticket. Now car rental company finding me!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Laundryman
  • 1 Post By athenodorus
  • 1 Post By heroblack

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #1

Kena speeding ticket. Now car rental company finding me!

Hi all,

I was in Taiwan earlier part of this year. I rented a car and this morning, I received an email saying that I got a speeding ticket fine. Total of 1600 TWD. Equivalent to about 70SGD.

The thing is... somewhere mid of this year. I changed my credit card. So the card on their side is invalid. The email did state that should I not revert, they will take legal action.

What would happen if I actually act blur and ignore. Will they really be able to take legal actions? Or do you advise that I pay?

Thank you.
Helphelpplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Hi all,

I was in Taiwan earlier part of this year. I rented a car and this morning, I received an email saying that I got a speeding ticket fine. Total of 1600 TWD. Equivalent to about 70SGD.

The thing is... somewhere mid of this year. I changed my credit card. So the card on their side is invalid. The email did state that should I not revert, they will take legal action.

What would happen if I actually act blur and ignore. Will they really be able to take legal actions? Or do you advise that I pay?

Thank you.
My opinion, is settle it

but of cuz up to u
since they got your info and if they do report it, not sure what will happened
Old 06-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #3

Come on, don’t be a nasty Singaporean. Speeding is an offence no matter where. Just pay even if you have no intentions of returning to Taiwan again. It will be most embarrassing if yr work required you to travel there and you get arrested upon arrival. Try explaining that to your HR/boss. Business conduct issue qualifies for immediate termination.

Hi all,

Thank you.
Takagi likes this.
Laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #4

Hi all,

Thank you.
Its only $70 buck don't waste your time and don't let it linger in your mind and bother your day to day work. Its just 70 buck.
KnifeK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't pay lah... not like they gonna sue you over 70$ lol
IndianChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:47 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

ppl like u caused bad impression of us as tourists.
Takagi likes this.
athenodorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well, if you don't pay, let us know if you'll be able to enter Taiwan the next time you go.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #8

don't hero la, just pay only la. $70 only cannot pay up meh?

I kena before, my rental company sent the photo to me.
Photo states very clearly the date, time and location of where the offence is committed.
In the user agreement that was signed when you rented the car, you probably signed to say that you are liable for any traffic offences you committed during the rental period.
So if you choose to siam, then what happens next time you go over nobody knows.
Takagi likes this.
heroblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think a lot of people are unaware that immigration share data.

I have ever seen the profile of someone (in the other lane) showed up and was questioned if she travelled under a different name, etc. Whether petty crimes info are shared or not, I don't know.

I know some students (eons ago) who were studying in Australia, they left the country with bills unpaid, etc. They didn't think they were going back to Australia. They couldn't get a visa for entry into Australia when they tried.
Old 22-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ts mai la suo la

$70 also wan siam

Man up n pay, case close suan le

But remember ask for proof tht car rental co did settle it after u paid or keep proof of u paying the fine. Just in case future suay suay got dispute.
rotting@desk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

ts dont pay. i also curious what will happen
yusoffb01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.