HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advice if I should cancel my trip

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2020, 04:13 AM   #1

Need advice if I should cancel my trip

Hi everyone,

Apologized in advance if my thread is in the wrong place.

I have an upcoming trip to Taiwan in mid-March.
Currently it seems that Taiwan has yet to ban us, but in any case, I would like to have some advice.

At the moment, I have only bought flight ticket for Taiwan -> Singapore. Yet to purchase the ticket for Singapore -> Taiwan, as I am planning to purchase the express train ticket for Hualien to see what time I can get before buying the flight tickets to go to Taiwan.

1. In lieu of current covid situation, should I cancel my trip to Taiwan and wait till things have calmed down?
2. I could be wrong on this, vaguely read that one needs to complete health declaration form. Will that apply to me as well?
3. Even if I do plan to go ahead with the trip, do I need to isolate/ self-quarantine once I come back to Singapore?
melvados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 06:24 AM   #2

Don’t panic just visit Taiwan as usual. Only Chinese and passengers who have visited China for the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Taiwan. Just file a health report when you arrive Taoyuan airport.
Masks are not required unless you are visiting a hospital.

You don’t need to buy train tickets when you want to visit Taroko NP, Hualien county. New expressway which is safe and time-saving from Taipei city to Hualien is running now. It takes about 2.5 hours from Taipei city to Hualien city.

Enquiries about Taiwan tour like itineraries, charter car service, driver information, and hotels …etc, contact David at (WhatsApp)+886 931 626577. Email:ylliaw2222976@gmail.com . Free itineraries at www.mytaiwanjourney.com He will reply ASAP. Google “David Liaw of My Taiwan Journey” for his customer reviews.

For updated information: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En
goyamata1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 06:36 AM   #3

Hi goyamata1st, thanks for getting back to me.

The reason I am buying train ticket is because I am doing a solo travel plus, I do not drive as I do not have a license.

Lastly, I have yet to buy travel insurance too. Which brings me another concern - what if (touch wood...) on the day of my flight, Taiwan ban flights to Singapore etc..
Maybe I am trying to imagine the worst case scenario, could have overthink too much.

Even so, pertaining to your reply, I have some questions.

Just file a health report when you arrive Taoyuan airport.
Any chance I will need to bring any documents or some sort (from singapore)?

Enquiries about Taiwan tour like itineraries, charter car service, driver information, and hotels …etc, contact David at (WhatsApp)+886 931 626577. Email:ylliaw2222976@gmail.com . Free itineraries at www.mytaiwanjourney.com He will reply ASAP. Google “David Liaw of My Taiwan Journey” for his customer reviews.
Thank you for the link, though I am not sure if it will be worthwhile for me (as mentioned I am going solo) in terms of costs etc.

For updated information: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En
Yes I have been checking out on the site too. So far, it seems that they have told their citizens to restrict their travel to Singapore if possible..
melvados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 08:24 AM   #4
Master Member

No matter the situation, I find that it's better to get an travel insurance

Whether Taiwan bans us or not is out of our control

Bring your masks to Taiwan, non-locals can't buy over there

Did a few solo trips before, train/bus travel makes more sense if you are not in a hurry. Some backpackers accommodation also provide shared shuttle bus to places of interests.

Heck, you can even cycle from province to province if you are up to it.
Duncallmebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 09:24 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Since you are solo and have not book any hotel/minsu and onward flight ticket, postpone your trip since we don't know how worse is this virus going to spread.

Which airline ticket did you brought? If budget airline, you can't refund even if you buy travel insurance. If not budget airline, you can call or email them to ask for other options, e.g. cancel/ change date and what is the cost.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 09:27 AM   #6
Banned

Taiwan temp now 15c beware of flu can catch flu easily
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
Master Member

I am in Taiwan now. Yes, need to fill up a health declaration form but nothing much, temperature scan for every arriving pax but other than the form, nothing additional. TW folks most of them wear mask now, so if you want wear mask won’t be out of place either.

You can’t control what TW Govt will do, so just delay your decision as long as possible, but as of now, nothing feel big of issue for u to delay your trip.
xd3vilx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #8
Master Member

Taiwan temp now 15c beware of flu can catch flu easily
The next few days will drop again until quite low. Jin song the weather
ApeTruelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #9
Master Member

Last week I went to taiwan, the airline requested all my travel details including hotels and also immigration at Taiwan wanted to know where I travel to prior to Taiwan and where I will be heading to during my stay. Also make sure you are contactable during this time as should anyone close contact with you before suey suey kana like inside the aeroplane or in Singapore, you will most likely be ask to quarantine
Old 15-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #10

Hi everyone,

Apologized in advance if my thread is in the wrong place.

I have an upcoming trip to Taiwan in mid-March.
Currently it seems that Taiwan has yet to ban us, but in any case, I would like to have some advice.

At the moment, I have only bought flight ticket for Taiwan -> Singapore. Yet to purchase the ticket for Singapore -> Taiwan, as I am planning to purchase the express train ticket for Hualien to see what time I can get before buying the flight tickets to go to Taiwan.

1. In lieu of current covid situation, should I cancel my trip to Taiwan and wait till things have calmed down?
2. I could be wrong on this, vaguely read that one needs to complete health declaration form. Will that apply to me as well?
3. Even if I do plan to go ahead with the trip, do I need to isolate/ self-quarantine once I come back to Singapore?
3. Do you really think anyone here would know what's going to happen in March?

For how much your one way ticket is worth, is it worth all the worrying? Your one way ticket is probably $100+ to $200. Spend the time, energy and effort on things that's worth your time instead.
eleutheromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just wait till the start of mar then you would have a better answer ...
if the situation persists or gets worst, you might want to sacrifice your air ticket or risk going there ...
Old 15-02-2020, 09:02 PM   #12
Master Member

Last week I went to taiwan, the airline requested all my travel details including hotels and also immigration at Taiwan wanted to know where I travel to prior to Taiwan and where I will be heading to during my stay. Also make sure you are contactable during this time as should anyone close contact with you before suey suey kana like inside the aeroplane or in Singapore, you will most likely be ask to quarantine
Hmm..if sim card has only data plan and no number, can give them hotel contact?
Duncallmebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 10:09 PM   #13
Master Member

This one I not sure. if you didn't change your hotel same as the arrival form then should be okay ba. Maybe more expert can advise
Old 15-02-2020, 10:22 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

just give them hotel contact. no choice ...
that is the only way for them to contact u ...
Old 16-02-2020, 04:49 PM   #15
Master Member

Add LINE contact lor
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.