New Taoyan subway system

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So now they just opened the new Taoyan Subway system

Got mrt from the airport to Taipei main station now

Seems like got normal line and express line

Heard the express line takes only 35 minutes to reach Taipei

How is that compare to the HSR and what about the pricing ?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is Taoyuan, not taoyan.

NT160 to TMS.

Definitely cheaper and faster than HSR. You still need to take buy to Taoyuan HSR station and then HSR to TMS.

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I will still take bas, can sleep on the bas

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
assuming mrt breakdown has lesser chance than caught in a traffic jam, i'd recommend to take mrt from tms to airport. at least you know it will take 35 min which can be planned.

willgoh

Reaction score
I believe single trip by mtr is 160 NTD compared to 125 NTD by bus. Train does not guarantee seat and may need to stand. (Imagine sg mrt and get squeezed like sardines?) train interval is limited 1 express every 1/2 hour?

Bus guarantee got seat and interval is shorter. 15 mins?

orangemonkey88

Reaction score
Took the train last week. there's a special half price promo now due to opening special. 80twd one way usual price 160twd. The trains are clean and fast with space for luggage.
slightly more crowded on my way back from taipei to taoyuan at around noon, but still sufficient space for luggage and to seat.

generally a smooth journey. however, need to walk quite far between the taoyuan mrt station and the usual blue/red line. from one end of taipei mrt to the other end. good if you want to shop and pick up food on the way back to airport on your last day. If not it's actually far enough to deter me again in future. Taking bus is easier, fuss free and no need to walk to transit.

As a gauge, It took me about 30 minutes to get from ximending rainbow hotel to the platform of the taoyuan mrt platform at taipei main station

there are also fast trains about 36 minutes I think and slower trains (more stops) that takes about 47 minutes. Fast trains are less frequent but catch the fast train if there happens to be one when you are boarding.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At peak hours need to queue for the bus. Last time I queued for 30min+ to go airport. I thought the express train has reserved seating?

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its such a far walk from the airport train to the blue line in TMS MTR.... esp with luggage.
abit sian.

StarBeans

Reaction score
Took the train last week. there's a special half price promo now due to opening special. 80twd one way usual price 160twd. The trains are clean and fast with space for luggage.
slightly more crowded on my way back from taipei to taoyuan at around noon, but still sufficient space for luggage and to seat.

generally a smooth journey. however, need to walk quite far between the taoyuan mrt station and the usual blue/red line. from one end of taipei mrt to the other end. good if you want to shop and pick up food on the way back to airport on your last day. If not it's actually far enough to deter me again in future. Taking bus is easier, fuss free and no need to walk to transit.

As a gauge, It took me about 30 minutes to get from ximending rainbow hotel to the platform of the taoyuan mrt platform at taipei main station

there are also fast trains about 36 minutes I think and slower trains (more stops) that takes about 47 minutes. Fast trains are less frequent but catch the fast train if there happens to be one when you are boarding.
May i know if there are any escalator to bring u to and fro street level and ximen mrt stn? I assume u using Exit 6 since u coming from Rainbow Hotel. If no escalator then baggage too heavy to carry down the stairs for me.

Are the signals from Taipei main station to the taoyuan mrt platform clear?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May i know if there are any escalator to bring u to and fro street level and ximen mrt stn? I assume u using Exit 6 since u coming from Rainbow Hotel. If no escalator then baggage too heavy to carry down the stairs for me.

Are the signals from Taipei main station to the taoyuan mrt platform clear?

There are escalators and one lift too.
So u can push ard.
Just that the crowd are crazy there.

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Far is like 20 min?
maybe slightly more than 10 minutes but there are small flights of stairs here n there, if wanna drag luggage gotta go round about those slope (normally for wheelchair)... i really find it a chore.

like Cakel, i rather take bus sua.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.