prepaid 3g data sim card in taipei

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Am I right at TY airport terminal 1 counter opens at 7am ?
Is it for dageda or chunghwa ?
Is it at arrival or departure hall of terminal 1 ?

Thank you v much!

Correction it is T2. More info go chunghwa telco n check.

Read here:
http://www.sim2travel.com/chtm-e/contact.html

Last edited:

liquidy

Reaction score
Card will be useable within 6 months since last top up. After six months, the card will be temporary de-activated and needs top up to reuse.

After the 9th month, congrats, all ur credits will be donated to Chunghwa telecom.

Hope that explains better.

Thanks! If I need the card for 2weeks, there is no promo for that right? I have to top up 900 and activate the last 7 days after the expiry of the first 7 days? Can't activate 14 days straight?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! If I need the card for 2weeks, there is no promo for that right? I have to top up 900 and activate the last 7 days after the expiry of the first 7 days? Can't activate 14 days straight?

Think they have the one month one at 1k ntd. Pls enquire over the counter. Understand there is also a 10day deal too.

gUARDSbOY

Reaction score
Need your kind advice:

Chunghwa opens 7am at T2. Will they open slightly earlier? Does the process takes long? I am trying to make it for my bus at 7.05am.

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need your kind advice:

Chunghwa opens 7am at T2. Will they open slightly earlier? Does the process takes long? I am trying to make it for my bus at 7.05am.

Not possible to be earlier as the will need to do paperwork and activations etc. So 7:05, not the slightest chance.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not possible to be earlier as the will need to do paperwork and activations etc. So 7:05, not the slightest chance.

Last year when I was waiting, the girl came late. Open the shop around 7.10 or 7.15am.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year when I was waiting, the girl came late. Open the shop around 7.10 or 7.15am.

Same goes for bus tix. Open shop at 6 might not mean selling at six.

Last year u arrive early n queue, so this year arrive ard noon no need queue too?

Last edited:

markdavidbeats

Reaction score
Urgently need sim card

Hi guys,

Im Mark and I need a sim card with unlimited data for my trip which is from 27 october 2013 to 17 november 2013. Please sms/Whatsapp me at 98001080.

G0500474

Reaction score
Sorry, anyone has the latest updates of the plans available for Chunghwa?
This was what I found online:
emome

Mobile Broadband Plan (Short-term Use)
3-Day 250 NT$/3 days(Unlimited Local Usage)
7-Day 450 NT$/7 days(Unlimited Local Usage)

Read earlier in the forum that there are 10 days plan as well.
Thanks a lot.​

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, anyone has the latest updates of the plans available for Chunghwa?
This was what I found online:
emome

Mobile Broadband Plan (Short-term Use)
3-Day 250 NT$/3 days(Unlimited Local Usage)
7-Day 450 NT$/7 days(Unlimited Local Usage)

Read earlier in the forum that there are 10 days plan as well.
Thanks a lot.​
Think ten days at 500 or 550ntd.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it is wiser to pay $500 for 10 days than take the 7 days for $450.

jfalcon

Reaction score
Here's my usage while in Taipei and Kaohsiung:

Got ChungHwa at T1 Arrival(Upon clearance exit --> Turn right head straight for Telecommunications Services, Long queue for Taiwan Mobile counter :D). Asked for Passport and Singapore IC documents for processing(cannot siam), paid NT$500 - NT$150 global talktime using 019(Sounds like SingTel v019), -NT$50 card balance, Unlimited Data usage for 7days.

Plugged SIM into handset, SIM was activated(Activation text message received) and to check balance : *101*1#Call(Remember to include #). Remember to change your language to English by following the language setup on the Prepaid Pack reference guide.

Turned on WiFi Hotspot function of my DUAL SIM fone while on-board HSR, able to retrieve emails from Tablet and prepare Hotel Check-in itineraries and directions from MRT exit.

Reception was crystal clear for calls, SMSes back to SG as well as locally.
1) I made a couple of local calls for confirmation of my itineraries as well as letting my mum call back SG relatives in the comfort of my Hotel room after a day's travelling from Plane --> HSR --> Metro -- > Walk to Hotel with Hardcase luggage. Everyone's playing on their fones while on the trains so much like back here. We're certainly not outstanding in this aspect.
2) Managed to contact my guide while on a day tour when the tourist group swelled up in numbers especially in rainy Jiufen. :s12:
3) Managed to SMS my SIS in Departure Hall T2 when her counter hadn't opened yet while i was done with my own check-in at Departure Hall T1. Minimised on her international SMS charges $$$.

Hope my usage will help give an idea on easing the communications part of your trip and not to stress out if you can't reach someone locally. :)

edmund_7

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is the unlimited 3g package coverage include outside of taipei...

I'm traveling down to nantou cingjing, sun moon lake, then back to taipei..

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is the unlimited 3g package coverage include outside of taipei...

I'm traveling down to nantou cingjing, sun moon lake, then back to taipei..

yes....the coverage go as far as to matsu island wic is less than less 10km away from mainland china(tested n proved in mar when i went matsu)

Ryuichi

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide people.

I got ChungHwa Plan for 500NT 10Days Unlimited Data at Terminal 2. Seems like the auntie there knew about us Singaporeans going there to get this set of Plan :)

Overall was good, just that it dropped signal for nearly a hour when i was in Kaohsiung.

twoday

Master Member
Reaction score
My friend passed me his used chunghwa telecom prepaid sim. Is it more worth it to topup his sim or buy a new one from taoyuan airport? Planned to use for 13days

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.