HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend Cab Driver

Like Tree131Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #1576
Master Member

Would anyone have a recommendation for driver for 1 day - pick up at Chia Yi HSR station en route to Alishan hotel with some sightseeing spots along the way, if possible? Just one way will suffice.

Otherwise, I'm wondering if I could just find a cab driver upon reaching Chia Yi HSR.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Chaiyi HSR, nearby is a bus terminal, a lot of ppl there offer a price to Alishan.
If early, you can take bus to Fengihu first (with luggage), after that take local carto your alishan hotel. (can ask around there for a fee)
Andrew833 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #1577

Good driver to recommend

DISCLAIMER: I'm not related to the driver, or benefits in anyway by recommending him. Just posting out of good will as I'm kinda touched by his services.

I recommend Eason Chen aka Cola. After numerous positive reviews online, and phone calls with him, we decided to engage him for group of 5 people (including 3 elders), 9 days, 1300km tour around the whole Taiwan island earlier this month. Besides carrying out his job as a dutiful driver, he also acted as tour guide, photographer, and keeping us entertained throughout the long journey. He also offered great helps in planning itinerary and accommodations suggestions 2-3 months before the trip, and weather forecast, cloths to wear etc. 1 week prior our departure. Despite of sticking to the planned itinerary, he would insert 1-2 points of interests in case the day ends early.

He is a person with great enthusiasm and positive attitude - such that you might feel a bit of aggressiveness in the first few phone calls. However, we knew that was out of his passion to give us the best later during the trip.

Overall, all 5 of us are very satisfied with his services, and will engage him should we ever go Taiwan again. He might not be the cheapest, but definitely one of the best out there.

Driver details:
Eason Chen (Cola)
Whatsapp: +886989835979
tanj5588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 09:08 AM   #1578

Hi guys,
Just wanted to give my review for an excellent driver that is not listed in the list of recommended drivers yet (which tend to be fully booked if you are a last minute planner). I have messaged Ah Hui based on this forum recommendation, but he was not free during my travel period and he recommended me to 小柯,which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

I booked him for 2 days from Taipei >Yilan>Taipei exploring scenery between these 2 locations. I expect an old uncle, but turned out to a pleasant young man. Which is what I prefer because old uncle might tend to be too talkative during the journey as they want to share about their experience and politics. This young guy turned out to be what we wanted, he will talk at the right time (very humorous guy )and when required, he will give us the peace to rest and admire the scenery as he drive, which is something I appreciate a lot as I just want to chill during a holiday and not socialize and entertain small talks.

He is also a very honest guy, he will upfront discuss our itinerary and preampt us if we are too ambitious to plan too many itinerary that are too far apart that may result in us spending more time in the car than that spent at the tourist attraction.(given that we dont want to book more than 8 hours as we wanted to have a good rest)

He also gave us good suggestions on what to eat in yi Lan and drove to buy us super yummy cong zhua bing(the best I ate in taiwan) when we said we have craving. He is also very patient in waiting for us at various stop point. He also helped us take a lot of pictures which we forward to us at the end of the day . This is something I appreciate a lot cuz my mum is a photoholic, and this actually help us to reduce the burden on helping her take photos, he Help us took up the difficult job. He is also flexible on last minute changes and is very accommodative of our demands.

I did not try any of the popular drivers mentioned in the forum(Eason and Ah Hui) as they are fully booked and tend to require at least 3 Month advance booking when I message them. My personal preference is for these less well known drivers ( a treasure that have yet to be exposed in this forum)as they tend to work harder for you and go an extra mile in whatever service they provide.

Lastly, we already got a 3pax but he came in a 9 seater Toyota wish, it is super comfortable with wifi and hp charging stations.

I will definitely only look for him when I go back taiwan next time as my family feel very comfortable with him and enjoyed his service and jokes a lot.
Below is his contact :
小柯
+886 963-412311
You can whatsapp him and say recommended by Guo family
Msquek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #1579

May I check how to pay deposit to the driver? Cola suggested bank transfer and paying another TWD 500 for bank charges.
blusnopg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #1580

Hi, anyone have any driver to recommend for a day tour in taichung as well as cingjing?
katherine1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #1581
High Supremacy Member

May I check how to pay deposit to the driver? Cola suggested bank transfer and paying another TWD 500 for bank charges.
Crazy to pay so much to transfer.
If need help, pm me.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #1582
High Supremacy Member

Hi, anyone have any driver to recommend for a day tour in taichung as well as cingjing?
When will u head to tw?
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #1583
High Supremacy Member

The longer the reviews, the more fake/ads it sound.

Especially the cola guy...

Simple solution is to only believe those with at least 1000 post cow through the years...
Old 07-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #1584

the drivers i engaged last week is pay only upon reaching destinations.
Belial is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.