Recommend Cab Driver

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to email Mr Xu and Meeky last Friday for my trip in 1mth's time..but there's no reply (dunno if email went into spam). What time would it be better to call them?

Meeky's email address end with ".com.tw" and not ".com.my" as stated in some websites.

Merlion5588

Reaction score
Just back from Taiwan,recommend an excellent driver,major in Jioufen area,have 2 typical route.1.Yeliu-Jioufen-Jinguashe-keelung nm. 2.Jinton-Shifen-Jioufen-Jinguashe-Keelung nm.We choose route 1, and really spent 12 hrs. Very nice Jioufen ancient street,many many traveler from Japan,South-East Asia,a little crowded.

Uncle Orange Lai TOYOTA WISH HP +886-932-348-424 clip1688+hotmail+com

Also may tour for Taroko/Chingjing/SML/
but only from Taipei/Tauyuan/Hischu

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mr. Orange Lai HP +886-932-348-424, clip1688+hotmail+com (can email in English)
His Jinguashe itinerary visit 4-6 more spot.
no other drivers encountered at these special spots
He introduced every kind of snacks at Jioufen ancient street.
he not care if time over 12H.
you can charter his TOYOTA WISH to Hualien,Cinjing,SML....But only departure from Taipei,Tauyuan,Hinchu

Just back from Taiwan,recommend an excellent driver,major in Jioufen area,have 2 typical route.1.Yeliu-Jioufen-Jinguashe-keelung nm. 2.Jinton-Shifen-Jioufen-Jinguashe-Keelung nm.We choose route 1, and really spent 12 hrs. Very nice Jioufen ancient street,many many traveler from Japan,South-East Asia,a little crowded.

Uncle Orange Lai TOYOTA WISH HP +886-932-348-424 clip1688+hotmail+com

Also may tour for Taroko/Chingjing/SML/
but only from Taipei/Tauyuan/Hischu

hmmm... you registered this account just to post about Mr Orange Lai?

and the way you posted, the English grammar looks non-Singaporean/Malaysian but more of a Taiwanese.

thirdly we use @hotmail.com instead of some funny characters.

lastly, are you Mr Orange Lai?

Justinalook

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually engaged Mr Orange Lai after seeing someone post his contact..
nvm if he's that someone himself..as long the trip is smooth and we are happy.
We will only be going next week on his tour and we decided to ask him to help us choose after struggling to incoporate lighting lantern at shifen and keelung into night time slot. He said the sky turns dark early like around 5.30pm

personally I didn't want Jingguashi and didn't want to skip Keelung and Miaokou NM. (also dunno the attractions in Keelung) Then my fren thinks lighting lantern at Shifen in the day is odd and chances of raining in the day is higher.

Would Jingguashi ,Keelung (Miaokou NM) and Shifen (besides lantern) worth a go?
I don't think we would travel to Keelung from XMD and then back if it's just for NM alone.

our route is [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]野柳-九份-金瓜石-十份(晚上放天燈) 4200[/FONT]

suggested routes

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]野柳-九份-金瓜石-基隆廟口夜市 3600[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]菁桐-十份-九份-金瓜石-基隆夜市 3600
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]十份(白天放天燈+瀑布)-九份-野柳-基隆夜市 4200[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]野柳-九份-金瓜石-十份(晚上放天燈) 4200[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]同時包含野柳和十份的話,里程多出很多,所以多 600[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]一天12小時,超過12小時不會加收[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]無其他收費,連過路費停車費都不向旅客收取[/FONT]

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm... you registered this account just to post about Mr Orange Lai?

and the way you posted, the English grammar looks non-Singaporean/Malaysian but more of a Taiwanese.

thirdly we use @hotmail.com instead of some funny characters.

lastly, are you Mr Orange Lai?
hahhahahahha

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone engage Ah you(Mr Tsai) to Jiufen before? Is he Good?

i have booked him for 1 day in January 2011 for 野柳 地质公园 > 十份 放天燈 > 九份 老街 > 金瓜石 (黃金博物園區, 陰陽海, 黃金瀑布) > 南雅 > 基隆廟口夜市, 從台北出發來回.

i got his contact after reading trip report from TA.com.

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been quoted NT 3500 for a 10-hr trip to Yehliu, Jiufen, Jinguashi, Keelung Night Market and back to hotel at Taipei. Is that the market rate?

BLueee

Reaction score
Hi,

I am travelling in group of 7 adults and 2 kids. Can anyone recommend a mini bus to travel in Taiwan?

Nokius

Reaction score
I've just engaged Mr Orange Lai for my trip next week
Just me and my gf .. 3600
A little steep since I'm bearing the full cost but save so much hassle .. I've tried travelling there without a driver 3 years ago and I swear it will never happen again

I'll post Mr Lai's review when I'm back

BLueee

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you recommend any cab drivers that do airport transfers from Taoyuan to Hualien?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.