HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Self drive from Taichung to Sun Moon Lake or hire a driver?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2020, 12:48 AM   #1

Self drive from Taichung to Sun Moon Lake or hire a driver?

Hi all, my partner and I will be going to Taiwan in March, we have one simple day planned to either self drive or hire driver from:

Hotel in Taichung -
Zhongshe Flower Market -
Lavender Cottage (maybe if time permits) -
Sun Moon Lake (intend to spend most time here cycling and appreciating the scenery) -
Back to Taichung

However I only have 5 years on and off driving experience in SG and have never drove a left hand drive vehicle before, so I am basically a novice la. Travel blogs and forum posts mostly have left hand drive experienced drivers doing the self drive. Checks via Google Street View looks alright but I have heard that the roads can get narrow and foggy as we get nearer towards Sun Moon Lake.

Should I try to self drive or get a driver? Don't have to be a driver-cum-tour guide as we are introverts and small talk can and will kill us inside (lol).

Feel free to input any lobang for car rentals and drivers, that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by billynomates; 16-01-2020 at 12:51 AM..
billynomates is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.