Shifen, Jiufen

arsynyc

Reaction score
Hey guys, if I wanna go to Shifen waterfall, Shifen old Street, Jiufen and maybe a night Market is it worth it to hire a driver for the whole day or maybe just take a cab to each place individually?

Just me and my wife 2 people. Which is better cost wise?

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

Lschia28

Reaction score
Hey guys, if I wanna go to Shifen waterfall, Shifen old Street, Jiufen and maybe a night Market is it worth it to hire a driver for the whole day or maybe just take a cab to each place individually?

KKday & Klook both offer cheap tours for jiufen & shifen. I read the reviews were quite good too. These sites are running 11-11 promo you may go and take a look

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

better to hire a driver, about 3500 twd
if u go jiufen one way should be around 1000 twd ...
shifen waterfall and shifen old street is quite a long walking distance ...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better to hire a driver, about 3500 twd
if u go jiufen one way should be around 1000 twd ...
shifen waterfall and shifen old street is quite a long walking distance ...

Not very far, I enjoy walking, can take photo on the way. If train come, can take photo too.

arsynyc

Reaction score
Not very far, I enjoy walking, can take photo on the way. If train come, can take photo too.
How far are we talking about?.

And is it difficult to find the way to the train tracks?

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
use goggle map to guide u from the water fall to the old street ~1km . 15min walk maybe depend on your speed.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How far are we talking about?.

And is it difficult to find the way to the train tracks?

https://goo.gl/maps/w33z9yja9YtiTwHh9

Along the way there are sign board showing direction, just follow the direction. At one part is walking on the road, when you reach train track mean you are near to old street. You can use google street view, I just tried. I think about 15 - 20 mins, there is no transport unless you ask your driver to fetch you.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://goo.gl/maps/w33z9yja9YtiTwHh9

Along the way there are sign board showing direction, just follow the direction. At one part is walking on the road, when you reach train track mean you are near to old street. You can use google street view, I just tried. I think about 15 - 20 mins, there is no transport unless you ask your driver to fetch you.

Follow the crowd always works.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
There's like a special cab service outside the train station with different packages of which place you want to go. The cab driver will park and wait for you at the place while you go visiting the particular venue. I think it is not bad as you no need to keep call cab.

arsynyc

Reaction score
There's like a special cab service outside the train station with different packages of which place you want to go. The cab driver will park and wait for you at the place while you go visiting the particular venue. I think it is not bad as you no need to keep call cab.
Any idea of the price?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea of the price?

No point to take those taxi. If you need to hire a transport to tour many places, you can hire private driver. The driver can fetch you from your Taipei hotel, you don't need to spend extra on train ticket.

sprouts

Reaction score
Is it easy to find parking in these 2 places? and anyone went to the tea houses?

I'm visiting on a weekend and I'm considering if I should make a reservation and order the food beforehand just to secure a place there. Could anyone share their experience at the tea houses?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.