Suggestions on Taiwan Itinerary

cokiee

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Seeking your collective wisdom please. Fiancee and I will be headed for our wedding shoot to Taipei in November this year. We will be there from 13th Nov to 19th Nov, and will be engaged for the shoot on 13th (selection of gowns), 15th (actual shoot) and 16th (selection of photos). Understand 14th is a PH.

As the last time I've been to TW was some years ago, wanted to check if there are some suggested places to visit?

I recall/think we'll want to go to the following places:

Shida night market
Shilin night market
I recall visiting somewhere which had a meal cooked with tea leaves? Highland area.

We're not particularly caught up in the jiufen/shifen stuff to do I think.

Am thinking of doing a one night stay in one of the hot spring places at xin beitou also. Any recommendations?

Thanks much! Understand its a bit over the place, so hoping to pick your minds to firm up the itinerary.

cokiee

Reaction score
Thanks very much! Appreciate the lead on the hot spring hotel.

Wondering if anyone else has suggestions as to where to visit?

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Seeking your collective wisdom please. Fiancee and I will be headed for our wedding shoot to Taipei in November this year. We will be there from 13th Nov to 19th Nov, and will be engaged for the shoot on 13th (selection of gowns), 15th (actual shoot) and 16th (selection of photos). Understand 14th is a PH.

As the last time I've been to TW was some years ago, wanted to check if there are some suggested places to visit?

I recall/think we'll want to go to the following places:

Shida night market
Shilin night market
I recall visiting somewhere which had a meal cooked with tea leaves? Highland area.

We're not particularly caught up in the jiufen/shifen stuff to do I think.

Am thinking of doing a one night stay in one of the hot spring places at xin beitou also. Any recommendations?

Thanks much! Understand its a bit over the place, so hoping to pick your minds to firm up the itinerary.

I am heading to Suao to try their cold spring this december... the cold spring are recommended by some of the guys here as it is one of the only 3 natural cold springs in the world... the hotel i booked got both hot and cold spring in the room...

juxtaposition

Reaction score
I went suao n tried it before, is like soaking inside 7-Up. :s22:

I am heading to Suao to try their cold spring this december... the cold spring are recommended by some of the guys here as it is one of the only 3 natural cold springs in the world... the hotel i booked got both hot and cold spring in the room...

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope can cover these area during the day 3 /4 days of free and easy.

Any recommendation to cover ?

Day 1 flight in evening reach hotel. Ximending Shopping District

Day 2 >shifen ,jiufen, martyrs shrine,shilin residence,tianlu art cente, shilin night market (Tour agent)

free & easy
Day 3 >Thermal Valley , Taipei 101 ,Raohe night market
Day 4> Taipei Zoo, Long Shan Temple >8pm head to airport

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope can cover these area during the day 3 /4 days of free and easy.

Any recommendation to cover ?

Day 1 flight in evening reach hotel. Ximending Shopping District

Day 2 >shifen ,jiufen, martyrs shrine,shilin residence,tianlu art cente, shilin night market (Tour agent)

free & easy
Day 3 >Thermal Valley , Taipei 101 ,Raohe night market
Day 4> Taipei Zoo, Long Shan Temple >8pm head to airport

Day 2 is hush hush.
Day 4 wise, i think you should switch some ard with 3.
At least when you go airport, you smell good.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 2 is hush hush.
Day 4 wise, i think you should switch some ard with 3.
At least when you go airport, you smell good.

thank for the suggestion. For day 2 is group tour so cant be help, the tour agent will bring us around.

Rest I be covering by mrt.

cokiee

Reaction score

Ah interesting! What's cost like pls?

mictan0105

Reaction score
Hihi, wanna ask if reach taoyuan airport at 5 plus am, is it better to take transport straight to Alishan or Yang Ming Shan? since hotel also cannot check-in so early.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi, wanna ask if reach taoyuan airport at 5 plus am, is it better to take transport straight to Alishan or Yang Ming Shan? since hotel also cannot check-in so early.

I don't know what is your trip plan so can't really help.
If you doing day trip only, then Yang Ming Shan for sure.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How many days?
As in main link will be more informative.

heroblack

Reaction score

friend the least you can do is give some context. if you are gg to alishan, then yes i will recommend you straight take transport and head there. why? because the place is a non stop 4.5 hours drive (plus minus). so yes if you want to explore there first thing when you touch down then yes.

if you are talking about yangmingshan which is in taipei, then that is max 1.5 hour drive away. so unless you feel like wandering around the mountain at 7:30 in the morning, i think you are better off slacking somewhere else and deposit your bags in the hotel first before going off.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.