HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Taichung Flora Expo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #1

Taichung Flora Expo

Anyone been to the taichung flora expo? Worth going? Is it similar to xinshe sea of flowers?

As there are 3 sites, is there shuttle bus to bring you from once site to another?

TIA
Honda_typeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #2

Anyone been to the taichung flora expo? Worth going? Is it similar to xinshe sea of flowers?

As there are 3 sites, is there shuttle bus to bring you from once site to another?

TIA
hi, there's shuttle bus to commute within all sites, starting from the train station.

it depends on individual liking. i havent been to xinshe so i can't compare.

please note that this expo is free for all residents in taichung so it was very crowded when i visited last month.
eirelav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 10:55 PM   #3

Ok thanks. So means e.g if I am at houli site there is shuttle bus direct to feng yuan or waipu site?

hi, there's shuttle bus to commute within all sites, starting from the train station.

it depends on individual liking. i havent been to xinshe so i can't compare.

please note that this expo is free for all residents in taichung so it was very crowded when i visited last month.
Old 19-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
Master Member

I have 4 tickets to the flora expo. Can give away FOC if anyone want it.
SBS2716G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

my taichung cab driver told me.. many of his previous passengers exit his cab with smiling face and re-board with grouchy face.

Flora Expo is one long stretch of expo almost 2km to visit. And walk n walk. He said, he wont visit even it is free, unless he got paid to visit it.

Sent from my friend's phone using GAGT
kevinlaikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #6

I bought the tickets thinking it will be similar to xinshe sea of flowers. Guess i will visit 2 sites instead of 3 then.

my taichung cab driver told me.. many of his previous passengers exit his cab with smiling face and re-board with grouchy face.

Flora Expo is one long stretch of expo almost 2km to visit. And walk n walk. He said, he wont visit even it is free, unless he got paid to visit it.

Old 21-01-2019, 02:10 AM   #7

Ok thanks. So means e.g if I am at houli site there is shuttle bus direct to feng yuan or waipu site?
yes correct. sorry for the delayed reply as i was hardly online here. maybe you’ve already visited and come back already. haha
eirelav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 05:35 PM   #8

I back from my recent trip.
Flower expo worth very cents, not to be miss, very interesting, very nice. I spend almost a day in houli site
fxsg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #9
Supremacy Member

I back from my recent trip.
Flower expo worth very cents, not to be miss, very interesting, very nice. I spend almost a day in houli site
Share with us your reviews.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:23 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought the tickets thinking it will be similar to xinshe sea of flowers. Guess i will visit 2 sites instead of 3 then.
it was on my itineary but looking at how vast e place was with like 4 different areas prob 1 day also not enough to cover will skip liao
Old 28-03-2019, 06:29 PM   #11

Trip report update. I only managed to visit the houli site and also the horse ranch. I find it not worth it and the exhibits quite boring at the houli site. Horse ranch there is orchid exhibits in an aircon complex not bad. If given a choice i would skip it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.