taipei

RockStar9238

Reaction score
Anyone planning to go during Oct? I think to go by group package tour and it seem like very rush for every place. This is my first time to go there. I want to go free and easy but do not know how to plan for it.

My places that I like to visit are jiu fen, shi fen, feng jia market, sun moon lake and to take cruise, leofoo village theme park, formosan Aboriginal culture village, farm stay & hot spring.

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to go during Oct? I think to go by group package tour and it seem like very rush for every place. This is my first time to go there. I want to go free and easy but do not know how to plan for it.

My places that I like to visit are jiu fen, shi fen, feng jia market, sun moon lake and to take cruise, leofoo village theme park, formosan Aboriginal culture village, farm stay & hot spring.

Group tour is very rush but it's good for first timer to know Taiwan.
First time diy is not easy, you need some researching skill and planning skill.
Stay in Taipei can cover jiu fen, shi fen, feng jia market, shilin market, hot spring at beitou, leofoo village theme park and more.
Sun moon lake, formosan Aboriginal culture village and cingjin are in the part centre of Taiwan, you need at least 2 days there.

Oxsianx

Reaction score
Hi, based on the places you would like to go, this is the possible sequence

[Changi - Taoyuan airport]

[Hsinchu]
leofoo village theme park - never go before can't comment much. Seems like a out of nowhere place from google map.

[Taichung]
feng jia market

Other popular places include: Miyahara ice cream place, the church inside dong hai university, yizhong shopping street.

[Nantou]
farm stay @ cingjing farm - has horse skill performance, sheeps roaming around awaiting for ppl to feed them food, a 'swiss garden'. Lots of mosquitoes up there. You can spend a night there.

sun moon lake and to take cruise
formosan Aboriginal culture village - this itself is a mini theme park.

After all these, can choose to take the High Speed Rail from Taichung back to Taipei.

[Taipei]
Beitou hot spring - Beitou at the northern part of Taipei has a handful of Onsen places

[Pingxi]
jiu fen, shi fen - These two places can be done in 1 day. You can buy the 1 day pingxi ticket for shi fen and many other stations within the pingxi line. at Shi Fen you can put sky lantern. After finishing pingxi line tour, take train back to RuiFang and proceed to Jiu Fen.
After Jiu Fen, you can choose to take a bus to Keelung which is a harbour small town to settle your dinner and also shop there. From keelung, can take a 1hr train back to Taipei.

[Taoyuan Airport - Changi]

There are many other possible combinations to do such as to fly in from Kaohsiung and fly out from (Taoyuan) Taipei.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I saw on the news is that more night markets are closing down due to declining customers, aka china tourists. haha

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But seriously, its much better to walk ard taipei without the prcs around, though streets are quieter.

What I saw on the news is that more night markets are closing down due to declining customers, aka china tourists. haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.