HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Transportation help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #16

Looks ok. Will update later when i have more time.
When will it be or still on drawing board?
Sure thanks!
target Oct but might shift to June as two relatives cannot make it outside school holiday (June/Dec).
fxsgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #17

First draft, (high level) we prefer to spread attraction in exchange for more relax itinerary

D1 > Airport to Yilan > 冬山河 (limit to one or two nearby place of interest) > overnight in Yilan
D2 > 平溪 (nearby place of interest, for example 平溪車站) > 十分 > Taipei overnight
D3 > 2 or 3 place of interest within Taipei > late afternoon > 九份 > Taipei overnight
D4 > place of interest within Taipei > night market
D5 >Taipei hsr > taichung > 高美濕地 (limit to one or two nearby place of interest) > 逢甲夜市
D6 > 東埔 (nearby place of interest) > 清境
D7 > 清境 (nearby place of interest)
D8 > 九族村 > 日月潭 > overnight in 日月潭
D9 > 日月潭 > taichung > HSR > Taipei
D10> Taipei > Airport
I went to Taipei->Taichung recently. I did extensiv research and tweek my program along the way, so I kaypo a bit and give you some feedback:

D3 half day at Jiufen is tough. It takes some time (Easily more than 1 hr 15 mins including waiting time) from TPE to Jiufen and Shifeng separately. However, Jiufen and Shifen are quite easily travell by Bus -> Train. So normally people travel to these two places on the same day. If you do it in D2, you can free up D3 for more places in TapeiThat could free up your time on Taipei which your allocation of 1.5 days is very short.

There are three ways to visit Jiufen/Shifen:

1. Charter a private driver which can cost about NTD 4500 (if you have more 6 people). Advantage is that you can go to more places.
2. Take public transport: Cheaper, but would spent too much time waiting for train/buses.
3. Many people will book the Klook tour minibus which will leave Taipei at 9am, drop and pick you at Jiufen/Shifen and return to Ximenting at 4pm. This will free you from transporation problem.
4. I took a hybrid approach as I would like to stay in Shifen till sunset. A cab took me to Yingyang Sea and Golden Waterfall, then drop me at Jinguashi (NTD1500). The cab driver also act as my family photographer :-). Then I took a bus to Jiufen, a bus to Shifen, a cab to Shifen Waterall, then back to Shifen to ensure the scene of glowing sky lattern in the dark blue sky. From there I am back to Taipei Songsan Station by train all the way (with transit at Ruifang). Raohe Night Market is next to Ruifen.

For your D5: Gaomei Wetland is not easily accessible by bus. So assuming you will take your private hired driver. However, transfer at HSR take time and HSR is not cheap. If you can arrange your private driver to pick you up from Taipei, it woud save you time, effort (dont need to pull your luggage) and may be cheaper. The time save can be use to tour the many interesting places in Taichung (e.g. Zhongshe Flower Mart, Carton King, Lavendar Farm) before going to Gaomei to see sunset.

It is also worthwhile to choose a hotel near to Fengjia so that you can spent more time at the night market.

Since you are at Cinjing, it is worthwhile to go to Hehuanshan for sunset or sunrise.
Charlieliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #18
High Supremacy Member

i be heading to TW soon together with my family n parents.
total there is 9 of us too. old and young

i actually rented a 9 seat minivan (self drive)

i find it cheaper to self drive around
save money and time.

to hire a private transport with drive for 9pax is no cheap.
range i think from $400 onward for 8hrs

IMO,if you can drive, consider renting a vehicle and self drive
400 onwards?
Since when so ex?
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #19

im not very sure ...
but for a 9 seated 1 day tour ... should be somewhere there i guess ...
Honda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:36 PM   #20
High Supremacy Member

im not very sure ...
but for a 9 seated 1 day tour ... should be somewhere there i guess ...
Not even closed. Also depends on where you are going.
So do not send out wrong msg without checking it.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #21
Master Member

9 seater is about SGD400/day, but depends on the car you are getting. Vito>VW T6>VW T5>Hyundai TQ.

My family didn't enjoy Jiufen and Shifen as it was rainning and really crowded in Jiufen. Tansui was really nice and streets wide enough to accomodate crowd.
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.