HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tw trip 6 Days 5 Night

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

Better of course..

In this case you can consider the following + 1N stay at Jiufen Minsu(Pack light to go over as exploring Pingxi Line the next day). 九份溫莎堡/涵館/*趙颾x院景觀民宿

Day 3:
- Yehliu
- Jinguashi
- Jiufen
- Stay for the night

Day 4:
- The whole of Pingxi Line
- Keelung
- Miaokou NM
- Back to Taipei hotel.
Any good cheap hotel around there? also is it good to chiong for jiufen and pingxi line side first day with 1 night stay around that area then subsequent night stay at Taipei...

Last edited by DouBleB; 06-08-2012 at 10:01 AM..
DouBleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
Great Supremacy Member

Any good cheap hotel around there?
Where??

Jiufen?? Jiufen all minsu..Only got 2 if i rem correctly..For the experience is good..

Main hotel should always be around Ximending or Taipei Main Station area..
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where??

Jiufen?? Jiufen all minsu..Only got 2 if i rem correctly..For the experience is good..

Main hotel should always be around Ximending or Taipei Main Station area..
The price very expensive for 1 night stay at SGD133 any cheaper ones? so do you u think its a wise choice to go the jiufen area first 2 days then rest of the days stay at Taipei.

Also, taipei hotel i intend to go for rouse boutique hotel... is it good? the reviews like not much
Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
Great Supremacy Member

The price very expensive for 1 night stay at SGD133 any cheaper ones? so do you u think its a wise choice to go the jiufen area first 2 days then rest of the days stay at Taipei.

Also, taipei hotel i intend to go for rouse boutique hotel... is it good? the reviews like not much
Minsu typically cost more than mainstream hotels..The service is also different..

You can head up to Jiufen on the day you arrive and stay the 1st night there.. However, gd to do so if you're travelling on backpacks cos if got luggage, nt easy to carry on exploring Pingxi Line on the 2nd day as it's more convenient to hop over to that line from Ruifang Station than from Taipei area..

Unless u're booking a pte cab..Then alot easier..
Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Minsu typically cost more than mainstream hotels..The service is also different..

You can head up to Jiufen on the day you arrive and stay the 1st night there.. However, gd to do so if you're travelling on backpacks cos if got luggage, nt easy to carry on exploring Pingxi Line on the 2nd day as it's more convenient to hop over to that line from Ruifang Station than from Taipei area..

Unless u're booking a pte cab..Then alot easier..
nt easy to carry on exploring Pingxi Line on the 2nd day as it's more convenient to hop over to that line from Ruifang Station than from Taipei area..
So you mean its not convenient to stay at taipei hotel then hop to jiufen then back to taipei a night stay then head to pingxi line right?
If thats the case, if i book a Minsu at jiufen there 1st night, I can travel jiufen area then after firstnight I leave my luggage at the counter and travel out to pingxi line on the second day...is it ok?
Old 06-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
Great Supremacy Member

nt easy to carry on exploring Pingxi Line on the 2nd day as it's more convenient to hop over to that line from Ruifang Station than from Taipei area..
So you mean its not convenient to stay at taipei hotel then hop to jiufen then back to taipei a night stay then head to pingxi line right?
If thats the case, if i book a Minsu at jiufen there 1st night, I can travel jiufen area then after firstnight I leave my luggage at the counter and travel out to pingxi line on the second day...is it ok?
1) Yes. To get to Jiufen from TMS, you need to hop onto a train for Ruifang Station then take a bus up. Alternatively, you can get a bus direct up to Jiufen from Taipei area but the sights cant be compared to taking the train. To hop onto the train for Pingxi Line, best to hop on from Ruifang Station.

2) If you leave ur luggage with the minsu guys, no issue..But after Pingxi Line line is done, ppl will end the day at Keelung(Miaokou NM), from there u gonna travel back to Jiufen to take ur luggage, come back down before going over Taipei hotel.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #22

What i did normally is go PingXi early in the morning, evening time go Jiufen and Keelung thereafter. All these can be done within one day but i did not go Jingguashi

It will be better to take train from ruifang to pingxi as along the way, you can see alot nice scenery.
wildkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Great Supremacy Member

Yup, alternatively can do what wildkev suggest..Can skip staying one night at Jiufen also..

And of cos you have to give up on some locations..
Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

2) If you leave ur luggage with the minsu guys, no issue..But after Pingxi Line line is done, ppl will end the day at Keelung(Miaokou NM), from there u gonna travel back to Jiufen to take ur luggage, come back down before going over Taipei hotel.

so would it be good to drop my things at jiufen minsu then head down to pingxi line to explore for day 3 then slp for a night and day 4 explore to jiufen area then go back minsu at night take my things head to taipei
Old 06-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #25
Great Supremacy Member

so would it be good to drop my things at jiufen minsu then head down to pingxi line to explore for day 3 then slp for a night and day 4 explore to jiufen area then go back minsu at night take my things head to taipei
Can be done...

Day x:
- Jiufen Minsu deposit luggage
- Head back down to Ruifang Station, grab one day Pingxi Pass and explore Pingxi Line
- Keelung(Miaokou NM)
- Back to Jiufen to stay for the night

Day x(Following day):
- Wake up breakfast(Provided by minsu)
- Inform them to help you transport luggage to their cafe
- Jinguashi
- Back down to explore Jiufen Old Street
- Take luggage and head to Taipei
- Should be reach Taipei at about 5pm
- Check in hotel and head over to Ximending for shopping and dinner.

Or see wildkev suggestion..works out fine also if you wana skip staying one night at Jiufen..

Things to take note, Jiufen relatively quiet after 7pm(Most shop close by then)..Got 7-11 and a few cafes thou.

Last edited by Gixxerfied; 06-08-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 06-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can be done...

Day x:
- Head back down to Ruifang Station, grab one day Pingxi Pass and explore Pingxi Line
- Keelung(Miaokou NM)

Day x(Following day):
- Jinguashi

Or see wildkev suggestion..works out fine also if you wana skip staying one night at Jiufen..

Things to take note, Jiufen relatively quiet after 7pm(Most shop close by then)..Got 7-11 and a few cafes thou.
Ok, thanks for the help... I will follow this closely, Taiwan Trip Summary:6D6N @ Taipei & Yilan, Taiwan - KAMPUNGBOYCITYGAL Day 4.

Any pointer to take note based on this gal itenary and which places you think not worth going as its a waste of time can let me know too...
Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
Great Supremacy Member

Ok, thanks for the help... I will follow this closely, Taiwan Trip Summary:6D6N @ Taipei & Yilan, Taiwan - KAMPUNGBOYCITYGAL Day 4.

Any pointer to take note based on this gal itenary and which places you think not worth going as its a waste of time can let me know too...
Dont need to follow straight to the point..Just take note of what individual places has to offer.

Like if you're going Danshui then ending the night with Shilin NM makes sense since it's located on the same line..

Anyway, your trip is only 5D4N right??

If it's ur 1st time to Taiwan, just stay the entire duration in Taipei..Dont bother heading to Hualien or so..

What is your intended travel dates? I just draft out a rough itinerary for you.

Last edited by Gixxerfied; 06-08-2012 at 10:55 AM..
Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dont need to follow straight to the point..Just take note of what individual places has to offer.

Like if you're going Danshui then ending the night with Shilin NM makes sense since it's located on the same line..

Anyway, your trip is only 5D4N right??

If it's ur 1st time to Taiwan, just stay the entire duration in Taipei..Dont bother heading to Hualien or so..

What is your intended travel dates? I just draft out a rough itinerary for you.
1 to 6 Nov . 6 days 5 night by scoot... last day 3pm flight to sg so 12pm need check out hotel and leave.. yeah its my first time to taiwan...Hope to cover hualien for 1 day is it very packed?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #29
Great Supremacy Member

1 to 6 Nov . 6 days 5 night by scoot... last day 3pm flight to sg so 12pm need check out hotel and leave.. yeah its my first time to taiwan...Hope to cover hualien for 1 day is it very packed?
If you wan but by doing so, u see one day less of Taipei..

Just count as a full 5D niax since nth much u can do on the 6th day(Day of departure).

You into shopping?

Last edited by Gixxerfied; 06-08-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Old 06-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

Day 1:
- Keelung(Miaokou NM)

Day 2(Following day):
- Jinguashi

Day 3
Hualien

Day 4
-Yangmingshan
- Danshui Old Street(Can find snacks here)
- Fishermans Wharf + Lovers Bridge(For sunset, roughly know the sunset timing to that u can reach there before it sets)
- Shilin NM or Ximending

Shilin if u wana have dinner abit hard cos the food section is located in the basement, the crowd is scary.You can consider having a proper dinner over at Ximending..Quite a nice place to be at night as well..

Day 5
Sun Yat San Memorial Hall
Taipei 101
WuFen Pu wholesale market
Raohe Night Market
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.