HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

yehliu, keelung, jiufen, shifen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #1

yehliu, keelung, jiufen, shifen

Hi, I need some advice regarding a day's itinerary.. I'm planning to do this in a day

taipei --> yehliu --> keelung --> jiufen (miaokou) --> shifen --> taipei

Is it feasible if i'm travelling by public transport?
How should I travel from shifen back to taipei? Or should the order be arranged in another way? Is yehliu worth the visit? if it's too rushed i can drop it...
Salesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, I need some advice regarding a day's itinerary.. I'm planning to do this in a day

taipei --> yehliu --> keelung --> jiufen (miaokou) --> shifen --> taipei

Is it feasible if i'm travelling by public transport?
How should I travel from shifen back to taipei? Or should the order be arranged in another way? Is yehliu worth the visit? if it's too rushed i can drop it...
that time i went, i went took the first train from taipei to pingxi/shifen then went ruifang to take bus to jiufen, then take bus to keelung miaokou nite market.

miaokou is in keelung, not jiufen. and it's famous for nite market, u should put it as last stop mar.

never been to yehliu b4. it's basically stones(?) in various shapes and sizes after all the sea erosion. worth to go or not depends on what u like lor.
dreamyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #3

that time i went, i went took the first train from taipei to pingxi/shifen then went ruifang to take bus to jiufen, then take bus to keelung miaokou nite market.

miaokou is in keelung, not jiufen. and it's famous for nite market, u should put it as last stop mar.

never been to yehliu b4. it's basically stones(?) in various shapes and sizes after all the sea erosion. worth to go or not depends on what u like lor.
oh right keelung! oops typo.. thanks for your input.. eh because i was thinking i should put shifen as last stop for the sky lanterns... no?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

I share with you my original plan...

野柳地质公园 Taipei West Bus Station Terminal A to take Guo Guong bus to Yehliu. Bus #1815 (Taipei to Jingshan Youth Activity Centre) at Platform 8. Fare: NT$96. Easycard can also be used. Travel time: About 100min. Just tell the bus driver want to go to Yehliu Geological Park and he will inform the stop to get off when reach Yehliu.

From 野柳 > 基隆
Walk to where you earlier alighted from the bus and cross the road to bus stop outside a convenience store. Board Keelung or Danshui bus to Keelung Railway Station, a distance of about 14km. Fare: NT$43 Travel time: About 40 to 50 mins.

From 基隆 > 金瓜石 黃金博物園區
From one of the staggered bus stops in front of Keelung Railway Station, take a Keelung bus with its destination “Jinguashih” in English / Chinese LED sign display without a bus service number. The bus passes Rueifang Railway Station. It goes uphill and passes Jiufen (in about 20 mins) and terminates at Jinguashih, a total distance of about 16.5km. Fare: NT$55 Travel time: About 40 to 50 mins. The Gold Ecological Museum is a short walk from Jinguashih bus terminal.

From 金瓜石 > 九份老街
Take a Keelung bus with its destination “Keelung” or “Taipei” in LED sign display from Jinguashih bus terminal to Jiufen. Fare: NT$22 You can also take Keelung bus 825, 826 Fare: NT$15 Travel time: About 5 to 10 mins. Alight at the Old Street stop (across the road from 7-11 convenience store) along the road bend.

From 九份 > 基隆廟口
To return to Keelung, take a Keelung bus with its destination “Keelung” in LED sign display from the same bus stop you earlier alighted. The bus goes downhill. Fare: NT$45 Travel time: About 40 mins. Alight one bus stop before reaching Keelung Railway Station at “Lions Bridge” stop on Chung Yi Rd. It’s a shorter walk to Keelung Miaokou than from Keelung Railway Station.

From 基隆廟口 > Taipei
Walk 10-mins to Keelung Railway Station and board a train to Songshan Railway Station (for Wufenpu and Raohe St night market) or Taipei Main Station. Alternatively, take a Kuo Kuang bus back to Taipei Main Station.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end i booked a taxi guide to 野柳 地质公园 > 十份 放天燈 > 九份 老街 > 金瓜石 (黃金博物園區, 陰陽海, 黃金瀑布) > 南雅 > 基隆廟口夜市, 從台北出發來回, 2個成人 NT$3500.
albertchng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #5

hmmm i considered your original itinerary too! but just couldn't slot shifen in... ok i've decided to visit shifen on a separate day. What's the best way to get there via public transport? train?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmmm i considered your original itinerary too! but just couldn't slot shifen in... ok i've decided to visit shifen on a separate day. What's the best way to get there via public transport? train?
(台北到十分)
台北火車站搭台鐵,往蘇澳或花蓮台東火車-到瑞芳火車站下車-轉搭平溪線往菁桐火車(十分火車站下車)
捷運木柵站-搭1076號公車-平溪-轉搭平溪線火車往瑞芳-(十分火車站下)

(十分到九份)
十分火車站往瑞芳-瑞芳火車站-轉搭公車到九份(或坐計程車)

(十分到野柳)
十分火車站-八堵火車站-基隆火車站-轉搭基隆客運1262-野柳

(十分到基隆夜市)
十分火車站-八堵火車站-基隆火車站-步行到基隆夜市

(十分到101大樓)
十分火車站-瑞芳火車站-台北火車站-捷運市政府站-步行至誠品書局或101大樓
十分火車站-平溪-搭1076號公車-捷運木柵站-台北火車站-捷運市政府站-步行至誠品書局或101大樓

[十分火車站到十分瀑布]
走出十分火車站之後,到靜安吊橋一分鐘,再走到老街三分鐘,再走到我們『十分旅人民宿』五分鐘,再走到十分風景管理所十分鐘,到眼鏡洞瀑布觀瀑吊橋五分鐘,接著到瀑布三分鐘,逛瀑布二十五分鐘,回程到十分火車站約二十分鐘,總共約一個半小時有餘。

OR

(九份到十分)
九份7-11旁搭基隆客運1062號公車-瑞芳火車站-搭乘平溪線往十分火車站(約90分鐘)

Credit for this info goes to http://www.backpackers.com.tw
albertchng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #7

wa thanks a lot!! appreciate it
Old 04-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

oh right keelung! oops typo.. thanks for your input.. eh because i was thinking i should put shifen as last stop for the sky lanterns... no?
According to the shopkeeper, they can do it in the day too. But it looks nicer at night.
dreamyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.