HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree792Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 AM   #2461

Roku does not run Android, it can not install apks.

It is very good for US market but not as good in Singapore. You can use it for apps like Netflix as it is certified by Netflix.
Oh. If I buy a mi box s which is recommended by many over here, can the box be used by Netflix? Guess it is not certified by Netflix given it is from China.
simple_n_eazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #2462
Master Member

Oh. If I buy a mi box s which is recommended by many over here, can the box be used by Netflix? Guess it is not certified by Netflix given it is from China.
Mi Box S is for global market and it is certified by Netflix. It is also certified by Google so you get Chromecast function as well. It is the best value sub-S$100 box in Singapore.

Another possibility is Amazon FireTV Stick 4K. It supports Netflix a bit better than Mi Box S in that it supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 05-11-2019 at 11:38 AM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #2463
High Supremacy Member

who say must use reset hole to do reset

The procedure for factory reset:

1. unplug power

2. Press [ok] and [back] at the same time on the remote, do not remove.

3. Get someone to help to plug in the power.

4. Release [ok] and [back] once you see the recovery menu on TV.

5. Repeat step 1-4 if necessary.

read this facebook post for more information (need to join before you can read)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tvbo...6648149145600/
Wow good advice...
bumperbee likes this.
Ultimo_Urien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #2464

Mi Box S is for global market and it is certified by Netflix. It is also certified by Google so you get Chromecast function as well. It is the best value sub-S$100 box in Singapore.

Another possibility is Amazon FireTV Stick 4K. It supports Netflix a bit better than Mi Box S in that it supports Dolby Vision.
I see taobao mi box s got different version with some variation in prices: Hk, us and uk. Does it matter which one I get?
Old 05-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #2465
Master Member

I see taobao mi box s got different version with some variation in prices: Hk, us and uk. Does it matter which one I get?
Do not buy Mi Box S from Taobao. You will get wrong version (Mi Box 4, MDZ-21-AA) or higher price. I just did a quick check and the selling price is around RMB479 plus shipment, more expensive than Singapore.

Buy from Lazada, Shopee and Qoo10. Price is around S$80. Or buy from Mi Shop at S$99 with local warranty (sometimes got offer at S$89).

Mi Box S model number is NDZ-22-AB.

This Lazada shop will have offer price at 11.11 down to S$70. Right now the price is S$83 at this shop.
https://s.lazada.sg/s.Scem
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 05-11-2019 at 11:46 AM..
Old 05-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #2466

Do not buy Mi Box S from Taobao. You will get wrong version (Mi Box 4, MDZ-21-AA) or higher price. I just did a quick check and the selling price is around RMB479 plus shipment, more expensive than Singapore.

Buy from Lazada, Shopee and Qoo10. Price is around S$80. Or buy from Mi Shop at S$99 with local warranty (sometimes got offer at S$89).

Mi Box S model number is NDZ-22-AB.

This Lazada shop will have offer price at 11.11 down to S$70. Right now the price is S$83 at this shop.
https://s.lazada.sg/s.Scem
That is a great price.
Thanks for the recommendation!

It is quite funny that China selling more ex than here when it was manufactured there lol
Old 05-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #2467
Master Member

That is a great price.
Thanks for the recommendation!

It is quite funny that China selling more ex than here when it was manufactured there lol
You are welcome.

Actually a lot of things are selling at higher price in China even though the production is in China, for example, some luxury brands.

But for the case of Mi Box S, these shops in Taobao are not authorized to sell since Mi Box S is not targeted at Chinese market.
bumperbee likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #2468

Sorry i am quite new to tv box.
I also see a lot of people recommending H96 max. Is that better? The prices seem lower than mi box s.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #2469
Master Member

Sorry i am quite new to tv box.
I also see a lot of people recommending H96 max. Is that better? The prices seem lower than mi box s.
No. That is a generic brand, quality can not be assured and it is not certified by Netflix so you will not get Netflix HD. And H96 Max can mean different things.

Read my posts in Page 94 of this thread to understand more.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...678618-94.html
bumperbee likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #2470

bros...
my popcorn hr died.. my friend wants to sell me his zidoo x9s for a $100.

i need the box to see my synology and i will need to play netflix too.

Question is... is it okay to buy? if not, whats my next alternative?

thank you much
pete10pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #2471
Master Member

Is this box really that good?

SMART BOX
·
******************Fast TV Box ****************** promotion ******************$199 NETT ******************
******************4GB ram 64GB rom******************
******************Stable & HD******************
******************15 hours customer service******************
****************** One Year One to One Exchange Warranty******************
******************Free delivery And Installation************************************************************************
Do not buy TV boxes from Facebook pages.

Do not buy unknown brand preloaded boxes.
kelvinti likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:08 PM   #2472
Master Member

bros...
my popcorn hr died.. my friend wants to sell me his zidoo x9s for a $100.

i need the box to see my synology and i will need to play netflix too.

Question is... is it okay to buy? if not, whats my next alternative?

thank you much
Zidoo X9S is a good box, especially for local/NAS media playing, but not for Netflix. For Netflix you need certified box like Mi Box S.

Review:
https://h-m-entertainment.com/zidoo-x9s-review
pete10pete and bumperbee like this.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:29 PM   #2473

thank you, xiaofan
pete10pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #2474
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do not buy TV boxes from Facebook pages.

Do not buy unknown brand preloaded boxes.
Okay! Noted!
Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 AM   #2475

Anyone using TX3 S905X3? Basic 2GB 16GB version. <--- This one 125RMB can get ah? Can provide the links?

Noob here, please advise if I buy one off TB, how to get the Singapore channels real time? Is there app that I can download on the box? Toggle?

Thinking of giving up the DVB-T2 box (Qoo10 S$20-S$25) altogether and just use 1 android box (since 125RMB only) for each TV but the problem is I android box virgin when it comes to Android TV box and this is for my mandarin-educated elderly parents.

Basic requirement is watch Singapore FTA channels real time (mainly for channel 8 news), then China channels/Chinese documentary/youtube, 1080HD ok, none of my TV is 4K. I must admit my knowledge is limited because yet to understand the vast amount of content available.

One of my TV has broken HDMI ports, only RCA available, for that TV still can use the android box? Is there a HDMI to RCA connector?

Also, since 2017 NvidiaShield top end processor only 2GB/8GB, why are ppl buying the low end processor with 4GB/64GB variants?

Is it 4GB/64GB more for expert users, noob like me basic 2GB 16GB version will do right?
redglue23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.