HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #2506
Master Member

Anybody here know how to remove read only external hdd on mibox s? Format on pc done. Format as device storage done(stuck at format screen). Use flash drive done. Still shows read only on es file, xplore n file commander. If no solutions, maybe thinking of selling the mibox s.
I know but I don't want to tell you because you don't want to read my posts.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #2507
Master Member

just had this thought.

is there a way for one to know if he/she really did get the "international" version? I mean, yeah, the label may say that it is but the hardware may not be.
the best way is to look at the model no:

mdz-16-ab for mibox3 international version
mdz-22-ab for mibox s
Old 13-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #2508

I know but I don't want to tell you because you don't want to read my posts.
U say use es file explorer. Done dat. Make chrome downloads go to external hdd, shows exclamation mark. Make torrent downloads go to external hdd, shows read only status.
BiggieZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #2509

Perhaps your HDD format is in NTFS. The player might not support it thus it's only in Read-Only.

U say use es file explorer. Done dat. Make chrome downloads go to external hdd, shows exclamation mark. Make torrent downloads go to external hdd, shows read only status.
donetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #2510
Banned

Wah sibeh song after install now e apk

Now every nite can happi happi
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #2511

Perhaps your HDD format is in NTFS. The player might not support it thus it's only in Read-Only.
Mibox s support wat hdd format?
Old 13-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #2512
Master Member

Mibox s support wat hdd format?
Mi Box S runs Android TV OS which is based on Android. Android uses Linux as the underline OS. Out of box Linux only supports NTFS as read-only although you can install drivers like ntfs-3g to add write support.

You can try exFAT in this case.

Same for Mac OS X (now macOS).

Ref:
https://nl.transcend-info.com/Support/FAQ-897

Android doesn't support NTFS file system. If the SD card or USB flash drive you insert is NTFS file system, it won't be supported by your Android device.
Android supports FAT32/Ext3/Ext4 file system. Most of the the latest smartphones and tablets support exFAT file system.

Last edited by xiaofan; 13-11-2019 at 01:25 PM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #2513
Master Member

Wah sibeh song after install now e apk

Now every nite can happi happi
What is this "now e apk"?
Old 13-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #2514

Mi Box S runs Android TV OS which is based on Android. Android uses Linux as the underline OS. Out of box Linux only supports NTFS as read-only although you can install drivers like ntfs-3g to add write support.

You can try exFAT in this case.

Same for Mac OS X (now macOS).

Ref:
https://nl.transcend-info.com/Support/FAQ-897

Android doesn't support NTFS file system. If the SD card or USB flash drive you insert is NTFS file system, it won't be supported by your Android device.
Android supports FAT32/Ext3/Ext4 file system. Most of the the latest smartphones and tablets support exFAT file system.
Noted. Will try it out soon
Old 13-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #2515

true! but it also boils down to the File Explorer that the phone has. The file explorer that comes with Huawei supports NTFS. I've tested this on a Mate 10 though ..

Ok .. back to our regular Android TV box topic ..

donetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #2516
Master Member

true! but it also boils down to the File Explorer that the phone has. The file explorer that comes with Huawei supports NTFS. I've tested this on a Mate 10 though ..

Ok .. back to our regular Android TV box topic ..
more than disk formatting.

certain versions of android , and some boxes such as mibox s disable the write permission for external flash drive or hdd.

and you need special way to write to it.
Old 13-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #2517

Can try this app: Microsoft exFAT NTFS for USB by Paragon Software.
eauyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #2518

https://androidpctv.com/xiaomi-mi-bo...v-9-pie-beta0/

Came across this. Wonder if it's a good thing
Old 13-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #2519
Master Member

https://androidpctv.com/xiaomi-mi-bo...v-9-pie-beta0/

Came across this. Wonder if it's a good thing
No point trying Beta software for Mi Box S. Actually you should hold the update for a while before things settle down. TV boxes are not the same as phone in this aspect.

Take note Xiaomi created a mess when they upgraded the Mi Box Global version from Android 6 to Android 8.0. It takes them quite some time to make it stable.

I understand the beta firmware may have the features you want. But better hold a bit, especially if you see the change log which says ChromeCast function is broken.
Old 13-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #2520

No point trying Beta software for Mi Box S. Actually you should hold the update for a while before things settle down. TV boxes are not the same as phone in this aspect.

Take note Xiaomi created a mess when they upgraded the Mi Box Global version from Android 6 to Android 8.0. It takes them quite some time to make it stable.

I understand the beta firmware may have the features you want. But better hold a bit, especially if you see the change log which says ChromeCast function is broken.
ok noted. it will be an issue for those using chromecast often.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.