Android TV Box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation of air mouse with keyboard for mibox s?

If you do not mind paying a bit more, Minix Neo A2 Lite or A2 is not bad.

Some people use things like Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and touchpad.

I use full size computer keyboard/mouse.

Last edited:

hotdude

Reaction score
streaming box or stick

No perfect box. Starhub TV+ box is probably the only legitimate "preloaded" Android TV box in the local market.

If you go with not legitimate preloaded boxes, then probably Ubox is the only one to go.

Hi Xiaofan,

Can help recommend a cheapest streaming box or stick - purpose is to watch Netflix - to plug into a dumb TV, that's all.

Thank you in advance!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xiaofan,

Can help recommend a cheapest streaming box or stick - purpose is to watch Netflix - to plug into a dumb TV, that's all.

Thank you in advance!

Mi Box S.

If you need Netflix HD, you need a certified box.

Average_Guy

Reaction score
hi sifus, thinking of getting evpad for myself.. look through some comments here say buay pai for preloaded box..
check shopee got different versions and different prices..

my questions is, is the latest versions like evpad 5P/5S better? should i just go buy the basic 3S? or pro/plus better?

thanks in advance :)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi sifus, thinking of getting evpad for myself.. look through some comments here say buay pai for preloaded box..

my questions is, is the latest versions like evpad 5P/5S better? should i just go buy the basic 3S? or pro/plus better?

heard that recently has a kot of problems.

if you dont mind the problems, get the cheapest will do.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Recent feedbacks are not so good, especially for 5S/5P. If you still want to buy, then probably the cheapest 3S is the way to go.

You may want to consider UBox better for preloaded box as of now.

eauyong

Reaction score
This combo wired Ethernet RJ45 LAN (10/100/1000) set works very well with my Xiaomi Mi tv box S (MDZ-22-AB).
Have a look!

KEBIDU Wired USB 3.0 To Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 LAN (10/100/1000) Mbps Net
work Adapter Ethernet Network Card For PC Wholesales.
HTB1GfBUazDuK1RjSszdq6xGLpXao.jpg

Universal Mini 3 Ports USB 3.0 Hub High Speed Data Transfer Splitter Box Adapter
For MacBook Pro PC Laptop Multi-port USB Hub.
H82bcea41ca0c4791ad166aadce41525cG.jpg

1) KEBIDU Wired USB 3.0 To Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 LAN (10/100/1000) Mbps Net
work Adapter Ethernet Network Card For PC Wholesales My cost US$3.78

2) Universal Mini 3 Ports USB 3.0 Hub High Speed Data Transfer Splitter Box Adapter
For MacBook Pro PC Laptop Multi-port USB Hub My cost US$1.85

Total US$5.63 (S$7.90) per set of 2 items. :)

-

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
morning, when you mean problems, can they be solved with a reset? thanks for reply bro

No. Problem with the servers and the new apps on the 5S/5P.

EVpad servers were seized by Chinese authority a few months ago. They are in the recovery stage.

As for new apps in 5S/5P, it will probably take sometimes to get stable.

All in all, it is still okay to buy as long as your lower the expectations of preloaded boxes (including Ubox). Get the cheapest 3S or 3S MY. Avoid old generation device like EVpad Pro or EVPad Plus (not the same as 3 Plus). It is also okay if you want to pay a bit more to get 3 Plus if you want 5GHz WiFi.

5S is supposed to be a relatively good buy if you need 5GHz wifi among EVpad models but probably you have to wait for the apps to be stable.

Or you can consider UPro S (Ubox Gen 7) which is a bit more expensive (similar to 3 Plus).

Last edited:

Average_Guy

Reaction score
No. Problem with the servers and the new apps on the 5S/5P.

EVpad servers were seized by Chinese authority a few months ago. They are in the recovery stage.

As for new apps in 5S/5P, it will probably take sometimes to get stable.

All in all, it is still okay to buy as long as your lower the expectations of preloaded boxes (including Ubox). Get the cheapest 3S or 3S MY. Avoid old generation device like EVpad Pro or EVPad Plus (not the same as 3 Plus). It is also okay if you want to pay a bit more to get 3 Plus if you want 5GHz WiFi.

5S is supposed to be a relatively good buy if you need 5GHz wifi among EVpad models but probably you have to wait for the apps to be stable.

Or you can consider UPro S (Ubox Gen 7) which is a bit more expensive (similar to 3 Plus).

morning, thanks for the really detailed reply bro :)

saw ppl saying DNS need to 动手脚 if buy Ubox.. think i will consider between evpad 3S and 3plus..

thank you :)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

saw ppl saying DNS need to 动手脚 if buy Ubox.. think i will consider between evpad 3S and 3plus..

don't believe in whatever that guy is talking. you will regret if you do

ubox is better and dont have so many problems compared to evpad.

however, the better way is to get mibox s and load the apps youself. cheap, good and relatively problem free

Last edited:

Average_Guy

Reaction score
however, the better way is to get mibox s and load the apps youself. cheap, good and relatively problem free

for apps you mention for mibox s, any websites with a list of recommended apps? mostly wanna find cooking channels for ah ma and soccer/movie channels..

is it after loading all the apps, etc can also mirror the channels of evpad/ubox?

hard to find good reviews on the mentioned boxes.. all youtube channels like kena sponsered to say good things one.. lol

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

DNS was me, in the past when I use ubox yes. Ned change, due to law. Now they say no need. I dunno. I Switched away from ubox.

Sent from Samsung SM-T515N using GAGT

hwanloon

Reaction score
Hi folks, uds this might have been discussed b4 but it's too much info overload here n I can't find the answer soon enuff.

Just wondering apart from using the usb port of mibox s to transfer apk via thumbdrive, I tot of using Dropbox but I can't find this app in the Google play store. Wat other recommendations to transfer apk from my phone to the tv box without using thumbdrive?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, uds this might have been discussed b4 but it's too much info overload here n I can't find the answer soon enuff.

Just wondering apart from using the usb port of mibox s to transfer apk via thumbdrive, I tot of using Dropbox but I can't find this app in the Google play store. Wat other recommendations to transfer apk from my phone to the tv box without using thumbdrive?

there are many ways.

my favourite way is es file explorer.

you can try other apps from mibox's playstore, such as send files to tv, wifi file explorer, file commander..... and many more.

Last edited:

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
seems like i am unable to access the evpad app store as it is spinning non-stop when i tried to open it. anyone has a link on the latest epvad app apk?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.