Android TV Box

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys, I read from earlier posts here that currently EVBox (EVPad) has problems, something about their servers in China tio raided ah?

Any problems now?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I read from earlier posts here that currently EVBox (EVPad) has problems, something about their servers in China tio raided ah?

Any problems now?

Yes there are still reports of problems, especially the new 5S/5P versions.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like i am unable to access the evpad app store as it is spinning non-stop when i tried to open it. anyone has a link on the latest epvad app apk?

Try the guides here.

He has quite a few guides for EVpad. You can check out his other video as well.

Last edited:

hwanloon

Reaction score
there are many ways.

my favourite way is es file explorer.

you can try other apps from mibox's playstore, such as send files to tv, wifi file explorer, file commander..... and many more.
Tks bro, I installed a number of apk already.

I am puzzled how come some of the apps I installed don't appear in the home screen > apps.

Insteads, I can only find them via settings > apps

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tks bro, I installed a number of apk already.

I am puzzled how come some of the apps I installed don't appear in the home screen > apps.

Insteads, I can only find them via settings > apps

because these apps are not designed for leanback launcher.

you can use the app "tv app repo" to generate the icon for you.

alternatively, install the app "tv app drawer" from playstore, you can see all the missing icons once you click the app. the problem with this approach is that you need to click twice to launch the missing app.

another way is to replace the leanback launcher.

i suggest you joining facebook group - tv box (apps) - i put up a post about mibox configuration and optimization there.

tohwk

Reaction score

alternatively, install the app "tv app drawer" from playstore, you can see all the missing icons once you click the app. the problem with this approach is that you need to click twice to launch the missing app.

i suggest you joining facebook group - tv box (apps) - i put up a post about mibox configuration and optimization there.

Tv app repo doesn't work well these days. Most of the time, it cannot generate the icons.

hwanloon

Reaction score

Tks for ur help bro... I will follow the FB guide

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is qyzb back already?

No idea about this IPTV package.

Since nobody seems to mention it being back to life, you can assume it is dead for now.

Anyway, you can not hope for long term stability of this type of IPTV subscription services which are collections of pirated streams.

They can be banned any time. Their servers can be seized by the relevant authority any time, especially now that Chinese authority has beefed up the enforcement.

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys, I want to check with u. Is the hdmi output from the android TV boxes like Unblock TV and EVBox hdcp encoded or non hdcp encoded?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I want to check with u. Is the hdmi output from the android TV boxes like Unblock TV and EVBox hdcp encoded or non hdcp encoded?

By right the H6/H616 CPU should support HDCP 2.2 in terms of HW spec. Then Allwinner Platform FW should also support HDCP 2.2.

Still does it really matter? All these generic boxes lack the Google Widevine Level 1 DRM for copyright. So they can not have support for apps like Netflix HD and Amazon Prime Video HD.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
By right the H6/H616 CPU should support HDCP 2.2 in terms of HW spec. Then Allwinner Platform FW should also support HDCP 2.2.

Still does it really matter? All these generic boxes lack the Google Widevine Level 1 DRM for copyright. So they can not have support for apps like Netflix HD and Amazon Prime Video HD.

I want to record content from the HDMI output, so hopefully the boxes' HDMI output is not HDCP-encrypted.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.