HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree634Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2020, 08:17 PM   #2671
Arch-Supremacy Member

I was interested to buy the Geekbox until I saw your comment.

The price they quoted me is $188 but no stock. Need to put a deposit first. I was shown a few sets which were reserved for people who had paid the desposit. I was told that if I were to wait for the stock to come in, the price would become $268. I can't understand their logic, no inventory, sell lower price, when they have inventory, increase the price. They promised 1 year hardware 1-to-1 exchange and lifetime app servicing.
Bro, don't bother with this Geekbox, it's the same old sale tactics used for donkey years.

Why not buy an Android box and subscribe to a TV service?
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #2672

Is there any advantage to using AppleTV?

I have only been using Android boxes and happy with it. Just wondering if there is any advantage to shifting to AppleTV for movie and media streaming.

Thanks.
everex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #2673

I thought evpad upgrade to mars live liao

Those who are using EVPAD now, do you encounter problems with Saturn Live? It doesn't seem to work for a couple of days now. Any way to solve this?

Thanks.
symore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:46 PM   #2674

I thought evpad upgrade to mars live liao
Last time, Saturn Live was automatically installed when previous app went down.

I don't see Mars Live installation option. Did you get it in you EVPAD?
Old 13-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #2675

No more stock from gearbest for Tanix TX3. Any other place to recommend to buy which is not the OEM version?

I will suggest to go with official Tanix TX3 S905X3 from Gearbest (box with Tanix logo). In this case. I assume you do not need Netflix HD and Chromecast function.
https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009559912180.html

US$44 for 4GB/32GB
US$46 for 4GB/64GB

Quality should be more consistent than X96 Air from unknown vendors (can be from a few vendors).

X96 Air
https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009...ml?wid=1433363

US$36 for 4GB/32GB
US$47 for 4GB/64GB
osmond19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #2676

No more stock from gearbest for Tanix TX3. Any other place to recommend to buy which is not the OEM version?

Any particular advantage of Tanix TX3 over other Android boxes? I'm planning to get a third box for one of my rooms. Specs look good. How about any in-built apps?

Thanks.
Old 13-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #2677

Cheap and good i think. If buy from non gearbest website, it seems that it becomes an OEM version which u wont be able to upgrade the ROM over the air? The one that gearbest selling is direct from Tanix.

[SIZE=4][FONT=Impact][URL=http://adbux.org/?r=Unknown79] [COLOR=DarkRed] Not enough? Want somemore? Click here for another one! [/COLOR] [/URL] [/FONT] [/SIZE]
Old 14-03-2020, 12:17 PM   #2678

Any bros know where can I get beelink GT king locally or overseas with fast delivery?
FragRot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #2679

Any good Android TV box with big internal storage to recommend? Don't want to keep getting prompts to uninstall apps because there's insufficient storage. Performance and connectivity should be good.
GaaraOfTheSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 03:05 PM   #2680

Any bros know where can I get beelink GT king locally or overseas with fast delivery?
Worthwhile? It is quite expensive and without l1 widevine license. Wondering why can't these MIC can't apply the license for L1 widevine? Google dun allow?
Old 15-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #2681

Any good Android TV box with big internal storage to recommend? Don't want to keep getting prompts to uninstall apps because there's insufficient storage. Performance and connectivity should be good.
Beelink GT King Pro seems to tick all the checks except that it can't stream Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in HD and it is only 32-bit. Any good alternative?
Old 15-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #2682
Master Member

you never mention price, so price is not your concern

nvidia shield tv pro should be good for you.
gregory_choo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #2683

you never mention price, so price is not your concern

nvidia shield tv pro should be good for you.
Only 16GB not sure enough or not. Can watch Netflix, YouTube, iQiyi, Tencent Video, Toggle, Amazon Prime Video, etc? Which are some reliable sources to get from?
Old 15-03-2020, 11:02 PM   #2684
Master Member

Only 16GB not sure enough or not. Can watch Netflix, YouTube, iQiyi, Tencent Video, Toggle, Amazon Prime Video, etc? Which are some reliable sources to get from?
I am using mibox which has only 8gb, and I installed more than 50 apps and still has 1.5GB free space.

Since you are new, trust the reputable manufacturers, they won't sell half-baked products.
gregory_choo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 11:32 AM   #2685

Beelink GT King Pro seems to tick all the checks except that it can't stream Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in HD and it is only 32-bit. Any good alternative?
actually because of this, i'm thinking of shld i buy the mibox S instead but the S905X is quite outdated.

Is mibox s very slow? Qoo10 price around $70 which is quite ex compared to other MIC box. Is Mibox S is running on android TV OS? I used logitech Revue before many many yrs ago but it does have compatibility issues with those china app cos it is running android TV OS instead of the usual Android ASOP OS.

[SIZE=4][FONT=Impact][URL=http://adbux.org/?r=Unknown79] [COLOR=DarkRed] Not enough? Want somemore? Click here for another one! [/COLOR] [/URL] [/FONT] [/SIZE]
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.