Android TV Box

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless you want I got a brand new a95x f3 air 2gb RAM 16gb to sell.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 9S using GAGT

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for tv box for taiwan channels and football channels at FHD? :o

Last edited:

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My sis gave me an rk3229 1gb box, disable Google is faster than my s805 box.

tweeety

Reaction score
Hi, I have an old TV inherited from Mum's place. I think need to buy TV tuner. I wonder will it be good to just get a TV box and install to watch shows, netflix and stuffs?

Any recomendation?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My sis gave me an rk3229 1gb box, disable Google is faster than my s805 box.

3229 is faster than s805, but half the speed compared to s905.

however, all can play fhd video well when using hardware decoding.

the fast/slow perception is from opening / closing apps and other UI Operations.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have an old TV inherited from Mum's place. I think need to buy TV tuner. I wonder will it be good to just get a TV box and install to watch shows, netflix and stuffs?

Any recomendation?

Yes as long as the TV has an HDMI port.

Box to recommend: Google Chromecast 2020 (faster and better than Mi Box S but a bit more expensive) or Mi Box S, both are certified to run Netflix at 720p/1080p/4K.

For MediaCorp FTA channels, yes it is easier to buy a DVB-T2 tuner Box plus the antenna. However, you can also cast to TV using meWatch app from the mobile phone if you do not watch them often, if you buy boxes like Chromecast 2020 or Mi Box S.

tweeety

Reaction score

Box to recommend: Google Chromecast 2020 (faster and better than Mi Box S but a bit more expensive) or Mi Box S, both are certified to run Netflix at 720p/1080p/4K.

For MediaCorp FTA channels, yes it is easier to buy a DVB-T2 tuner Box plus the antenna. However, you can also cast to TV using meWatch app from the mobile phone if you do not watch them often, if you buy boxes like Chromecast 2020 or Mi Box S.

how about those boxes that can access the movies channels? drama and stufffs?

machoguy02

Reaction score

Hi,

Did a quick search.
Google Chromecast v3 is SGD 59
Mi Box S is SGD 71

But you mentioned that ChromeCast will be more ex. Am i looking at the correct item?

ericsoon72

Reaction score
I signed out of my google account for the UBox S (from the web internet on another device).

When I tried to access the Google Play Store on UBox S, it says "Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google account". I couldn't find a way to log in at the Play Store app, or from the main "Settings" menu.

Does anyone know how I can sign into the Google account on the Ubox?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Did a quick search.
Google Chromecast v3 is SGD 59
Mi Box S is SGD 71

But you mentioned that ChromeCast will be more ex. Am i looking at the correct item?

Chromecast with Google TV (Chromecast 2020) is much better than Chromecast V3 or Chromecast Ultra.

It is not officially available in Singapore but there are shops selling. The price in US is only US$49 but it will be more expensive in Singapore.

Discussion thread of Chromecast 2020.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ic-4/chromecast-google-tv-2020-a-6384782.html

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
聚体育 u pay for it ?

Take note 聚体育is the TV version of PP Sports. PP Sports has lost the right to EPL. Tencent Sports has taken over.

https://www.insidesport.co/premier-league-suing-pp-sports-for-media-rights-contract-default/
The English Premier League is suing its former Chinese media-rights partner PP Sports for $215.3 million for not paying the full cost of the previous broadcast. As early as September 3rd, the Premier League and PP Sports, the Chinese broadcaster, respectively announced the termination of their partnership.
On September 17th, shortly after the Premier League’s contract with PP Sports was dissolved, the Premier League announced a partnership agreement with Tencent Sports. Tencent Sports will broadcast the remaining 372 Premier League games for the rest of the new season, more than half of which will be broadcast free of charge, with other matches to be offered through Tencent Sports’ membership service.

fyourlife

Reaction score
for those using the x96, can i check which Viu app you are using?
So far I am unable to find a viu app that can work on it, as they all show unsupported device

lordofthering

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time I use new cloud tv on a box. Then it say cannot connect to server.

On a other box it can connect but there is a google service error keep popping up once the box is opened

Anyone know where to download the new cloud software? I tried lots and doesn't work. Or any other alternative that is as good as new cloud?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.