HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree714Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #2881
Master Member

It actually prompts a message on the handphone:

Both devices must be signed in to the same Netflix account. Error XXXXX.
I see. In that case this looks like a Mi Box S limitation. I believe Chromecast dongles will not have such limitations (no way to log in anyway).

I do not use Netflix myself.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:34 PM   #2882

Do not buy this type of device. Buy a proper box like Mi Box S which supports Chromecast out of the box, and then you can install apps for Airplay and DLNA cast.
Currently I'm using ipad adapter to monitor to stream movies, so I thought using anycast dongle should be better?
chongpang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:40 PM   #2883
Master Member

Currently I'm using ipad adapter to monitor to stream movies, so I thought using anycast dongle should be better?
You can always try. To me it is not worth the money. Buy a proper box instead.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #2884

Hi All, need some help here..

I'm looking to buy the Mibox 4 purely to stream TVB Anywhere+. No use for Netflix or Amazon Prime because my TV comes preloaded with those apps. And no it's not very smart because I cant d/l any other apps.

Reasons why I'm inclined towards Mibox (unless there are better suggestions)

1) Price
2) Officially supported by TVB Anywhere+ (I believe there are different app version for mobile and TV and apparently only supported devices are able to install the TV version of the app.)
3) I reckon the resolution will be affected if I share my iphone screen to TV?

Based on my research so far:

1) There isnt an official source like Xiaomi Singapore to buy the box (warranty/tech support)
2) Sellers on Shopee, Qoo10 and Lazada flash China sets with English firmware so there's no warranty + support and you may be blocked from updating firmware.

So questions time..

1) Is there a more legit place to get the box?
2) Is there an alternative way to watch TVB on TV?
3) Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.. I'm not very good with all these tech stuff so plug and play will be best!
bumperbee likes this.
pulp_79sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #2885
Master Member

Mi Stores sell Mi Box S but I guess they are still closed.

The following is an official shop from Xiaomi with local warranty even though they ship from China.
https://shopee.sg/product/178877065/...158?smtt=0.0.9

The cost is high now at S$109 -- but from time to time they have offer price like S$89 or even S$79 in January. Check out whether they have June 18 (618) offer or not.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 02-06-2020 at 11:55 AM..
Old 02-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #2886
Supremacy Member

Hi All, need some help here..

I'm looking to buy the Mibox 4 purely to stream TVB Anywhere+. No use for Netflix or Amazon Prime because my TV comes preloaded with those apps. And no it's not very smart because I cant d/l any other apps.

tvb anywhere+ can't work on mibox 4

Reasons why I'm inclined towards Mibox (unless there are better suggestions)

1) Price

2) Officially supported by TVB Anywhere+ (I believe there are different app version for mobile and TV and apparently only supported devices are able to install the TV version of the app.)

only mibox s and other boxes using android tv os can support

3) I reckon the resolution will be affected if I share my iphone screen to TV?
tvb app on iphone disallow you to do that

Based on my research so far:

1) There isnt an official source like Xiaomi Singapore to buy the box (warranty/tech support)

yes, there are official xiaomi shop in singapore

2) Sellers on Shopee, Qoo10 and Lazada flash China sets with English firmware so there's no warranty + support and you may be blocked from updating firmware.

if you are talking about mibox s, it is not true. mibox s sold on lazada, shopee and qoo10 are geniue.

So questions time..

1) Is there a more legit place to get the box?
2) Is there an alternative way to watch TVB on TV?
3) Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.. I'm not very good with all these tech stuff so plug and play will be best!

see comments in red.
bumperbee likes this.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #2887

see comments in red.
Thanks for your comments!

Yes I was referring to the Mibox s

I've gone to mi.com/sg hoping to buy it online but Mibox s is not even listed. Not sure about their physical stores though..

No I'm not saying they are fake.. what i meant was that I read that those boxes are for China market (or dunno where else) but they flash it to load English firmware so it becomes the 'global' version. Original power plug is the 2 flat pin one or they throw in a third-party power plug. And most of them have either no warranty outright or dodgy warranty support.

So I'm looking for a more legit reseller or even better, a way to buy direcly from xiao mi if that is even possible
pulp_79sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:03 PM   #2888
Master Member

So I'm looking for a more legit reseller or even better, a way to buy direcly from xiao mi if that is even possible
As mentioned before, the following Shopee Shop "xiaomiofficialstore.sg" is directly from Xiaomi with one year local Singapore warranty even though they ship from China.

The cost is high now at S$109 -- but from time to time they have offer price like S$89 or even S$79 in January. Check out whether they have June 18 (618) offer or not.
bumperbee likes this.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #2889
Arch-Supremacy Member

As mentioned before, the following Shopee Shop "xiaomiofficialstore.sg" is directly from Xiaomi with one year local Singapore warranty even though they ship from China.

Is 18/6 a special day for sales?
8-lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #2890
Master Member

Is 18/6 a special day for sales?
Yes in China. Not as important as 11.11 but still pretty big.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20190...f143294e2.html
8-lane and bumperbee like this.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #2891
Supremacy Member

I've gone to mi.com/sg hoping to buy it online but Mibox s is not even listed. Not sure about their physical stores though..

No I'm not saying they are fake.. what i meant was that I read that those boxes are for China market (or dunno where else) but they flash it to load English firmware so it becomes the 'global' version. Original power plug is the 2 flat pin one or they throw in a third-party power plug. And most of them have either no warranty outright or dodgy warranty support.

don't know how/where you got your information. show me the source of your info. I have not seen such thing before.

don't think the seller in shopee/lazada is clever enough to fake mibox s by loading english firmware on china version.

it is very easy to test whether it is genuine. mibox s can receive chromecast, run netflix in 4k. if the seller sent you a box that is not genuine, you can always ask for refund.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #2892
Master Member

They are such sellers in Taobao and called their Mi Box 4 China version Jail Broken version (破解版) or overseas (海外版) version of Mi Box 4. But they do not call this type of box Mi Box S.

They are not putting English FW. Rather they add a few apps and things like Shafa market or Dangbei market. For average users here, it is not a good idea to buy Android TV boxes from Taobao, and it is never a good idea to buy Mi Box S from Taobao.

As for Lazada and Shopee, as long as you search for Mi Box S, you should be fine. If still not comfortable, check the box model, it should be MDZ-22-AB.

Certain shop like Lazada xiaomionline (not an official shop from Xiaomi) will offer Mi Box S with 2pin plug and give free 3pin adapter. I bought one from this shop when it was on offer at S$67 during 11.11 offer and it is pretty okay.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-06-2020 at 10:47 AM..
Old 03-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #2893
Master Member

There will be a flash deal for this box at Shopee at 1800hrs on the 3rd June 2020.
pulp_79sg and bumperbee like this.
Tyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #2894
Master Member

There will be a flash deal for this box at Shopee at 1800hrs on the 3rd June 2020.
Saw this too. But the flash deal price is always the same.
ichinisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:41 PM   #2895
Supremacy Member

Saw this too. But the flash deal price is always the same.
77.90 flash sale now
soarskyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.