HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree1048Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #3526
Master Member

seems like i am unable to access the evpad app store as it is spinning non-stop when i tried to open it. anyone has a link on the latest epvad app apk?
Gondon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 12:08 AM   #3527
Honorary Member

Guys, I read from earlier posts here that currently EVBox (EVPad) has problems, something about their servers in China tio raided ah?

Any problems now?

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Ends 26 Nov 2020. Not applicable to $18 popup plan.
Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 09:00 AM   #3528
Supremacy Member

Guys, I read from earlier posts here that currently EVBox (EVPad) has problems, something about their servers in China tio raided ah?

Any problems now?
Yes there are still reports of problems, especially the new 5S/5P versions.
bumperbee likes this.
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 09:07 AM   #3529
Supremacy Member

seems like i am unable to access the evpad app store as it is spinning non-stop when i tried to open it. anyone has a link on the latest epvad app apk?
Try the guides here.

He has quite a few guides for EVpad. You can check out his other video as well.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 17-10-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Old 17-10-2020, 11:25 PM   #3530

there are many ways.

my favourite way is es file explorer.

you can try other apps from mibox's playstore, such as send files to tv, wifi file explorer, file commander..... and many more.
Tks bro, I installed a number of apk already.

I am puzzled how come some of the apps I installed don't appear in the home screen > apps.

Insteads, I can only find them via settings > apps
hwanloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 01:06 AM   #3531
Supremacy Member

Tks bro, I installed a number of apk already.

I am puzzled how come some of the apps I installed don't appear in the home screen > apps.

Insteads, I can only find them via settings > apps
because these apps are not designed for leanback launcher.

you can use the app "tv app repo" to generate the icon for you.

alternatively, install the app "tv app drawer" from playstore, you can see all the missing icons once you click the app. the problem with this approach is that you need to click twice to launch the missing app.

another way is to replace the leanback launcher.

i suggest you joining facebook group - tv box (apps) - i put up a post about mibox configuration and optimization there.
bumperbee likes this.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 08:14 AM   #3532

alternatively, install the app "tv app drawer" from playstore, you can see all the missing icons once you click the app. the problem with this approach is that you need to click twice to launch the missing app.

i suggest you joining facebook group - tv box (apps) - i put up a post about mibox configuration and optimization there.
Tv app repo doesn't work well these days. Most of the time, it cannot generate the icons.
bumperbee likes this.
tohwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #3533

Tks for ur help bro... I will follow the FB guide
hwanloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 11:57 PM   #3534
Master Member

Is qyzb back already?
liehuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 07:25 AM   #3535
Supremacy Member

Is qyzb back already?
No idea about this IPTV package.

Since nobody seems to mention it being back to life, you can assume it is dead for now.

Anyway, you can not hope for long term stability of this type of IPTV subscription services which are collections of pirated streams.

They can be banned any time. Their servers can be seized by the relevant authority any time, especially now that Chinese authority has beefed up the enforcement.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 21-10-2020 at 07:29 AM..
Old 21-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #3536
Honorary Member

Guys, I want to check with u. Is the hdmi output from the android TV boxes like Unblock TV and EVBox hdcp encoded or non hdcp encoded?
Old 21-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #3537
Supremacy Member

Guys, I want to check with u. Is the hdmi output from the android TV boxes like Unblock TV and EVBox hdcp encoded or non hdcp encoded?
By right the H6/H616 CPU should support HDCP 2.2 in terms of HW spec. Then Allwinner Platform FW should also support HDCP 2.2.

Still does it really matter? All these generic boxes lack the Google Widevine Level 1 DRM for copyright. So they can not have support for apps like Netflix HD and Amazon Prime Video HD.
bumperbee likes this.
Old 21-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #3538
Honorary Member

By right the H6/H616 CPU should support HDCP 2.2 in terms of HW spec. Then Allwinner Platform FW should also support HDCP 2.2.

Still does it really matter? All these generic boxes lack the Google Widevine Level 1 DRM for copyright. So they can not have support for apps like Netflix HD and Amazon Prime Video HD.
I want to record content from the HDMI output, so hopefully the boxes' HDMI output is not HDCP-encrypted.
bumperbee likes this.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Ends 26 Nov 2020. Not applicable to $18 popup plan.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.