Android TV Box

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Downloader is the app name? I only see a 'downloader' app from Leap fitness group
it is an app from googleTv / androidTv 's playstore. it is needed because these os dont support web browser well.

if cannot find in your box's playstore, most likely your box is using generic android or aosp android, just use browser to google for emotn store and download directly.

GrandJedi

Reaction score
Anyone has the last version of the Starhub TV+ (Starhub Go) apk? The latest version on Playstore is so bad, and does not work on my TV box. The last one worked fine but I made a mistake to upgrade it. Thanks!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has the last version of the Starhub TV+ (Starhub Go) apk? The latest version on Playstore is so bad, and does not work on my TV box. The last one worked fine but I made a mistake to upgrade it. Thanks!
You should really ditch such Android TV box for use with Starhub TV+ or Netflix or Disney+ or things like that. As they do not really support generic Android TV box running mobile phone version of Android. You can continue using it for other apps.

Get a proper Android TV OS TV box like Mi Box S Gen 2 (<S$70 from official XIaomi Stores).

mdax23

Reaction score
The latest version can take up to 5 min to load just the home screen

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol guys, need a solution for the non-techy one ah.

I've a Philips TV which only has Netflix, so in order to get Disney Plus, i was told i need a box, is that true? If so, any recommendation for this? (not those tv box sold in jb, legal/cheaper de im ok, but dun want Starhub box lol) :D

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I've a Philips TV which only has Netflix, so in order to get Disney Plus, i was told i need a box, is that true? If so, any recommendation for this? (not those tv box sold in jb, legal/cheaper de im ok, but dun want Starhub box lol) :D
if your tv is running googletv os or androidtv os, then install from playstore.

if not, buy a "mibox s gen 2"

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if your tv is running googletv os or androidtv os, then install from playstore.

if not, buy a "mibox s gen 2"
eh seems like it's neither, though inbuilt Netflix, so the most cheapest and legit is to buy the mibox? :)

Philippng

Reaction score
Can also consider Amazon Fire TV Stick
i have setup a few google chromcast google tv and is pretty good.
Using standard app such as netflix, disney, amazon and those mainstream app that it come with would be
idea.
However, if you are thinking to sideload app, you will need to be a little technical as it dont come with any external input.

segafan

Reaction score

Refer to officially certified devices here: https://www.androidtv-guide.com/streaming-gaming/netflix-amazon-atv-certified/

Then go buy from Aliexpress or Shopee or wherever you can find it cheaper.

Won't go wrong is Xiaomi MiBox S (Gen 2), plenty of these sold out there.
Realme 4K stick or Mecool KD3 also can; really no need to spend on an expensive device. I personally own a Dcolor GD1 4K and installed it at my in-law's place and they are not tech savvy. Most important is can officially install Mediacorp MeWatch, Singtel TV Go app and low learning curve with the remote controller.

All of these are officially certified device as per my link above.. Do refer to the different pages if you need anything more e.g., Dolby Vision, Google TV, AV1. Certified devices mean you can play and use official apps without worry and it also come with a standardized remote design.

Opinionated remarks: I personally prefer Android TV vs Google TV. You can look at YouTube for video summary of comparison done by reviewers and why the differences. Basically Android TV easier to sideload and better compatibility with majority of the apps. Some official apps also don't work well with Google TV, somehow..

Hope this helps!

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Refer to officially certified devices here: https://www.androidtv-guide.com/streaming-gaming/netflix-amazon-atv-certified/

Realme 4K stick or Mecool KD3 also can; really no need to spend on an expensive device. I personally own a Dcolor GD1 4K and installed it at my in-law's place and they are not tech savvy. Most important is can officially install Mediacorp MeWatch, Singtel TV Go app and low learning curve with the remote controller.

All of these are officially certified device as per my link above.. Do refer to the different pages if you need anything more e.g., Dolby Vision, Google TV, AV1. Certified devices mean you can play and use official apps without worry and it also come with a standardized remote design.

Opinionated remarks: I personally prefer Android TV vs Google TV. You can look at YouTube for video summary of comparison done by reviewers and why the differences. Basically Android TV easier to sideload and better compatibility with majority of the apps. Some official apps also don't work well with Google TV, somehow..

Hope this helps!
Wah useful info, thanks bro! :D

Philippng

Reaction score

Hope this helps!
What is missing is a good iptv which we can watch live news, entertainment like nat geo, discovery and others, live sport game and asian tv from Malaysia, HK, TW and others, Live TV from England, US and other nation.
Without live iptv an entertainment device is somewhat not complete.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.