HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree827Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #841
Master Member

Hi

I wonder if your streaming breaks in the evening ? Seems to be fine in the afternoon.
Thanks.

what's wrong with letting others people know about the app you used and the channels you watched?

if you revealed them, it is easier for xiaofan or other people to help you to troubleshoot.

This was my original question. I wonder if you stream breaks in the evening <===. Thanks.
csc12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #842
Master Member

This was my original question. I wonder if you stream breaks in the evening <===. Thanks.
I do not use Kodi myself but I tried other Streaming live TV apps and they are okay in the evening.

Kodi is a big software and it depends on various addons to function per your needs. So most likely it is related to the app (Kodi addon) in this case.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #843

Lol now Kodi reputation also for piracy I only use Kodi for Plex or non pirate addons

I do not use Kodi myself but I tried other Streaming live TV apps and they are okay in the evening.

Kodi is a big software and it depends on various addons to function per your needs. So most likely it is related to the app (Kodi addon) in this case.
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #844
Master Member

The streaming does not come from Kodi. Here's what I've learnt. If I use the built-in kodi player, the picture will not fit the old CRT TV. I have to use an external MX Player to play. Kodi just handover the stream to MX Player. So what's so different here ? MX Player can make use of the software instead of hardware to decode. Because of that, I can stretch to fit my old CRT TV.

I guess if you use the built-in player, then you can stay kodi is the streaming client.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #845
Master Member

Lol now Kodi reputation also for piracy I only use Kodi for Plex or non pirate addons

I use the YouTube add-on to watch YouTube on the TV... guess why. Read the previous post. Because the built-in YouTube player cannot stretch to fit my screen. Using Kodi->MX Player can.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #846
Master Member

I use the YouTube add-on to watch YouTube on the TV... guess why. Read the previous post. Because the built-in YouTube player cannot stretch to fit my screen. Using Kodi->MX Player can.

Kodi is also available under Windows (or Mac or Linux) so you can try to do the same thing with your PC to see if if that makes any differences.

And run SpeedTest in your PC/Mac in different time to see if your internet speed is stable or not in the first place. Run speedtest in your Android TV box as well .
csc12345678 likes this.
Old 13-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #847
Master Member

Anyone know how to use Chinese keyboard in Tanix? After install Google pinyin keyboard still can’t figure out. The remote is very difficult to use.
homedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #848
Master Member

Anyone know how to use Chinese keyboard in Tanix? After install Google pinyin keyboard still can’t figure out. The remote is very difficult to use.
I use a wireless USB/Keyboard combo. Or use an air mouse.
Old 14-12-2018, 08:02 AM   #849
aqf
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any android box to recommend for hk dramas?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
aqf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #850
Master Member

For boxes, scroll back and there are many discussions.

If you are inpatient, get Mi Box or Mi Box S. If you want to pay more, get Nvidia Shield TV. They run official Android TV certified by Google and have 4K Chromecast function build-in. They also support Netflix 4K.

If you are low on budget (S$40-50), get Tanix TX3 Mini or TX3 Max, 2GB/16GB version.

Edit to Add: if you need paid subscription apps TVB Anywhere or StarHub Go, do not buy Mi Box, Mi Box S and Nvidia Shield TV. End of edit.

You can buy from Lazada/Shopee.

For apps go to Facebook group “New Box TV SG”.
Slayer1 and csc12345678 like this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 14-12-2018 at 08:52 AM..
Old 14-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #851
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you already have an android TV box or you already have Chromecast then you can just download adrama app from the app store. It look like this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.adrama&hl=en

You can download on your phone then cast to your chromecast on your TV.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #852
Master Member

If you already have an android TV box or you already have Chromecast then you can just download adrama app from the app store. It look like this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.adrama&hl=en

You can download on your phone then cast to your chromecast on your TV.
This is one app. There are many apps in the Facebook group, some available from Google Play Store but some not available. Even for those available from the app store like rss player, you may need to know the tricks to make it useful.

I have a quick overview for Chinese Entertainment apps for Android phones, which will mostly work for Android TV boxes.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...s-5942151.html

Last edited by xiaofan; 14-12-2018 at 12:27 PM..
Old 14-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #853
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is one app. There are many apps in the Facebook group, some available from Google Play Store but some not available. Even for those available from the app store like rss player, you may need to know the tricks to make it useful.

I have a quick overview for Chinese Entertainment apps for Android phones, which will mostly work for Android TV boxes.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...s-5942151.html
How do you add TV channnel to the new Kodi app?
Old 14-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #854
Master Member

How do you add TV channnel to the new Kodi app?
I do not use Kodi myself and you can ask in the Facebook group. Or someone else here can help you.

One reference from Kodi Wiki for your reference and I remember I have tried it once and it worked.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client

I prefer to use simpler apps than Kodi.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #855
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do not use Kodi myself and you can ask in the Facebook group. Or someone else here can help you.

One reference from Kodi Wiki for your reference and I remember I have tried it once and it worked.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client

I prefer to use simpler apps than Kodi.
Beside Adrama, what are the other app you recommend?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.