Android TV Box

Simiishthis

Reaction score
Hi whats a good tv box for my lg oled tv and my lg soundbar with dolby atmos? Planning to stream 4k shows over netflix and other apps....

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi whats a good tv box for my lg oled tv and my lg soundbar with dolby atmos? Planning to stream 4k shows over netflix and other apps....

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066
If you really need Netflix 4k and Dolby Atmos, firstly check your LG OLED TV supports it or not. If not Apple TV 4k is the only choice among the streaming TV boxes.

If you only need Netflix 4k but do not need Dolby Atmos, then you can look at Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV.

Take note Nvidia Shield TV supports Dolby Atmos but somehow Netflix on Nvidia Shield TV does not.

More info
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-stream-dolby-atmos-from-netflix-itunes-vudu-and-amazon/

Last edited:

Simiishthis

Reaction score
If you really need Netflix 4k and Dolby Atmos, firstly check your LG OLED TV supports it or not. If not Apple TV 4k is the only choice among the streaming TV boxes.

If you only need Netflix 4k but do not need Dolby Atmos, then you can look at Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV.

Take note Nvidia Shield TV supports Dolby Atmos but somehow Netflix on Nvidia Shield TV does not.

More info
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-stream-dolby-atmos-from-netflix-itunes-vudu-and-amazon/
Thanks for the answer! My tv does support netflix4k and atmos. Guess i just need youtube and twitch. Which xiaomi tv box is the latest? Is it 4? Or S?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Reavl

Reaction score
Hello,

i am looking to get a android box for my dad room for him to watch chinese channel. Ii mi box s a good option or a android box with kodi is better?
Was also thinking of fire tv.

thank you

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

i am looking to get a android box for my dad room for him to watch chinese channel. Ii mi box s a good option or a android box with kodi is better?
Was also thinking of fire tv.

thank you

Kodi may not be a good choice for Chinese entertainment. So go for Mi Box S.

For apps you can use the apps mentioned in this thread.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
Kodi may not be a good choice for Chinese entertainment. So go for Mi Box S.

For apps you can use the apps mentioned in this thread.

i'm also looking at some apps for the mi box. sorry but don't want to sound lazy.

it's a little hard to tally up the apps mentioned, it pops up here and there, is there like a consolidated post or can edit on the 1st post or something like that?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm also looking at some apps for the mi box. sorry but don't want to sound lazy.

it's a little hard to tally up the apps mentioned, it pops up here and there, is there like a consolidated post or can edit on the 1st post or something like that?

I started a thread on Android phone Chinese Entertainment apps but it was deleted by the moderator.

I myself use limited apps.

Live TV: 华文电视,超级直播,电视家, hdp直播
VOD: I paid for Youku VIP.
Music: I paid for QQ Music VIP and Xiami Music VIP.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...phone-chinese-entertainment-apps-5929935.html

You can also refer to the above iPhone Chinese Entertainment thread for references. There are many more choices though on Android, you will have to search for it.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I started a thread on Android phone Chinese Entertainment apps but it was deleted by the moderator.

I myself use limited apps.

Live TV: 华文电视,超级直播,电视家, hdp直播
VOD: I paid for Youku VIP.
Music: I paid for QQ Music VIP and Xiami Music VIP.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...phone-chinese-entertainment-apps-5929935.html

You can also refer to the above iPhone Chinese Entertainment thread for references. There are many more choices though on Android, you will have to search for it.

麻花影视,千寻影视,完美视大全,小看吧,大麥影视 for newer/latest shows.

酷喵, 泰捷 , 搜狐, 芒果 for older shows

Please note that there are 2 versions for the apps - handphone version and tv version - use tv version on tvbox for best viewing experience.

Last edited:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most likely you are doing mirroring from handphone to tv. don't use mirroring if you are watching video.

the better way is chromecast or dlan cast. you can do it only if apps have this feature and your android box has chromecast or dlan cast receiver.

if you do it right, you can turn off your phone after casting, and you can continue watching video on tv.
It's funny how it works after I tried a second time. Is thinking of buying an android box and install apps to watch for another TV.

Any good deals right now?

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score

The Mibox does not support DTS. I could never get 5.1 output.

comicalsilly

Reaction score
Hello everyone.. I have bought the 55" 9000F model but i am unable to download any toggle app or starhub tv go app . i have downloaded the APK files, used sideload launcher but still failed. any idea what I can do to make it work? I have also tried to use market helper but market helper says the device is not rooted.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.. I have bought the 55" 9000F model but i am unable to download any toggle app or starhub tv go app . i have downloaded the APK files, used sideload launcher but still failed. any idea what I can do to make it work? I have also tried to use market helper but market helper says the device is not rooted.

run toggle on the phone and chromecast the video to tv. same for starhub go.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.