HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Prism+ TV

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2020, 12:08 AM   #136

My E55 having some serious Netflix problems.

Received mine on 13th April, my mother first noticed that the Netflix app closed by itself. I didn't think much if it as it didn't happened when I was using. Two weeks ago I saw it happened when I pause the video to pour myself a drink.

I turned off TV, factory restart and login my Netflix again.

Things were ok for awhile but recently it became much worse. The Netflix app hang/crashes while we are watching every day, 2 to 3 times an hour.
I'm so sick of it that I'm using my ps4/pc to stream.

However my parents ain't that tech savvy so they will still need that Netflix button on the remote.

Email Prismplus awaiting their response.
Anyone also have similar issue??
ramza85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #137
Master Member

My E55 having some serious Netflix problems.

Received mine on 13th April, my mother first noticed that the Netflix app closed by itself. I didn't think much if it as it didn't happened when I was using. Two weeks ago I saw it happened when I pause the video to pour myself a drink.

I turned off TV, factory restart and login my Netflix again.

Things were ok for awhile but recently it became much worse. The Netflix app hang/crashes while we are watching every day, 2 to 3 times an hour.
I'm so sick of it that I'm using my ps4/pc to stream.

However my parents ain't that tech savvy so they will still need that Netflix button on the remote.

Email Prismplus awaiting their response.
Anyone also have similar issue??

I received the E55 from them late April / early May, same issues as u.

1. From first day there is a flashing screen (green/yellow/white) upon starting up, but goes away upon restart. Happens approx 2 out of 5 times. This I can semi tolerate.

2. Netflix crashes every 10-20min while watching. Factory resetting the TV solves this issue for 1-2 days, then it happens again. This was the dealbreaker, cannot tahan this issue.
Once netflix just hanged and remote was unresponsive, had to restart TV.

3. TV auto turns on at night.

I tried a 2nd set from them. Same thing.

Was offered some $ as rebate/free monitor if kept the tv to test for them e.g. firmware updates
3 weeks later still no resolution from their tech team. Might be this batch only w the new amazon prime as per them.

Returned and refunded. Considered getting the TCL 55p8m from giant, as per The House of Displays forum, but bought an LG TV in the end.

Last edited by Tornesoul; 26-05-2020 at 09:23 PM..
Tornesoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 09:56 PM   #138

Received my E55 about a week ago and use it every day netflix, youtube, nintendo switch all day long(Kids school holiday). So far hang once which is still normal so far. Hopefully it will last.
I use the LAN cable btw, heard the wifi is not so good. So I didnít try the wifi.
endrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2020, 11:37 AM   #139
Arch-Supremacy Member

For those of you that bought Prism+ TV, can you all do the Chroma Sub Sampling test :

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

It is basically displaying this picture on the screen :

At original 100% size and then see whether can you read the last 2 lines legibly.

Do share your TV model and size also.

Anybody here can do a Chroma SubSampling test on their Prism+ TV and see whether is it 4:4:4?
Old 31-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #140

I received the E55 from them late April / early May, same issues as u.

1. From first day there is a flashing screen (green/yellow/white) upon starting up, but goes away upon restart. Happens approx 2 out of 5 times. This I can semi tolerate.

2. Netflix crashes every 10-20min while watching. Factory resetting the TV solves this issue for 1-2 days, then it happens again. This was the dealbreaker, cannot tahan this issue.
Once netflix just hanged and remote was unresponsive, had to restart TV.

3. TV auto turns on at night.

I tried a 2nd set from them. Same thing.

Was offered some $ as rebate/free monitor if kept the tv to test for them e.g. firmware updates
3 weeks later still no resolution from their tech team. Might be this batch only w the new amazon prime as per them.

Returned and refunded. Considered getting the TCL 55p8m from giant, as per The House of Displays forum, but bought an LG TV in the end.
Actually now that you said it I do remember that the TV switch on by itself.

They replied to my email:

We apologize that you're encountering this, however, we do have some customers providing the feedback that they're encountering same issue with you.

Hence, we are in the midst of working a solution to this issue. We do have a new firmware for the television and we are stress testing it. Hence, once it is stablized, we will be providing an update to the television.

We seek for your understanding and patience with us during this period of time.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Best regards,
Wilson
How did you get them to refund you?
Haha they didn't even offer me replacement or refund.
ramza85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2020, 03:19 PM   #141

Hi anyone has prior issue to turning on their Prism TV? Just received mine today and upon plugging into the power socket, the power light is blue but it cannot be turned on.
TSAcad2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #142
Supremacy Member

their tv series not so stable in terms of quality. i have no issues with their monitors though .. for this kind of price . cant find anywhere cheaper .
Old 31-05-2020, 08:43 PM   #143
Supremacy Member

Hi anyone has prior issue to turning on their Prism TV? Just received mine today and upon plugging into the power socket, the power light is blue but it cannot be turned on.
大蛇丸 Orochimaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #144
Arch-Supremacy Member

For those of you that bought Prism+ TV, can you all do the Chroma Sub Sampling test :

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

It is basically displaying this picture on the screen :

At original 100% size and then see whether can you read the last 2 lines legibly.

Do share your TV model and size also.

Anybody can do a Chroma Subsampling test on Prism+ TVs?
Old 03-06-2020, 11:07 AM   #145

Issue with E65.

For those who harbour to purchase the Prism TV, I would suggest that you hold it 1st.

The unit that I got had continuous issues with Netflix & eventually after some persistence, my concerns end up with Tech Support Level 2. But to be honest Level 1 & Level 2 may just be the same chap & see how best they can do damage control. Left review feedback on Prism main page, guess what since I give them 3 stars, they obliterated my comments. I guess they only want to see & hear the good things...typical fascists mindset.

As till now, the issue is still persistent. & the Level 2 Tech Support specifically mentioned the issue is persistent across all models & they are aware of this issue since the launch E43, but instead of resolving the issue before releasing the newer models, they still proceed doing so most likely based on greed & ignorance.

https://imgur.com/YLa8KBc

https://imgur.com/ykNCcR9

Last edited by MFriZaL; 03-06-2020 at 11:11 AM..
MFriZaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:40 AM   #146
Supremacy Member

For those who harbour to purchase the Prism TV, I would suggest that you hold it 1st.

The unit that I got had continuous issues with Netflix & eventually after some persistence, my concerns end up with Tech Support Level 2. But to be honest Level 1 & Level 2 may just be the same chap & see how best they can do damage control. Left review feedback on Prism main page, guess what since I give them 3 stars, they obliterated my comments. I guess they only want to see & hear the good things...typical fascists mindset.

As till now, the issue is still persistent. & the Level 2 Tech Support specifically mentioned the issue is persistent across all models & they are aware of this issue since the launch E43, but instead of resolving the issue before releasing the newer models, they still proceed doing so most likely based on greed & ignorance.

https://imgur.com/YLa8KBc

https://imgur.com/ykNCcR9
it is wiser to buy a common brand like xiaomi. Furthermore this prism+ tv is running linux instead of android.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:15 PM   #147

Actually now that you said it I do remember that the TV switch on by itself.

They replied to my email:

How did you get them to refund you?
Haha they didn't even offer me replacement or refund.
Hi,

I'd a Prism rep replying back to me.

If you are seeking for a full refund (which I'm resorting to since the problem is getting more & more persistent).

I've attached the reply from them, which you may make use of it to (if you need to) asking them for a full refund. At this point they don't seem to care less about the issues, cause if they do then they should not have had released the E65 knowing that the issue was already there in E43 unit.

https://imgur.com/PQX69f3
MFriZaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:41 PM   #148

it is wiser to buy a common brand like xiaomi. Furthermore this prism+ tv is running linux instead of android.
Tcl would be better than xiaomi since still have android tv but confirm get Netflix and got local 1 year warranty.
chaiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #149

u gt request one on one exchange?
yes..the replacement set still have some slight backlight bleeding but much better than the 1st set.
Dynaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:01 AM   #150
Supremacy Member

Tcl would be better than xiaomi since still have android tv but confirm get Netflix and got local 1 year warranty.
as long as it's any common brand is good liao
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.