Prism+ TV

benlhy

Reaction score
Follow up to my Prism E65 that was screen damaged after 1 month without anyone in the house due to fengshui reason we couldn't move in till a certain date.

A. What happen was the TV screen suddenly had a spiderweb screen damage in the inside which affected the screen.

B. I told prism there was no one in the house and can't be my fault but they quickly deny and said its must be my fault and they don't cover this on warranty.

Our warranty only cover spare parts which is unlike what was written on their website.

C. I went to Google and apparently some brands also have this issue but rarely.

D. Upon seeing my email, prism immediately offered me a refurbish set at 799 for my E65" which they claim is out of goodwill but I felt they weren't even listening to the problem and seems like a pre scripted strategy. When I tried to expose the person, he denied it.

I asked for a fair judgement to get a technician to prove that the damage was done by me because there was no one at home so it clearly can't be done by me and was willing to even pay for the technician at my own expenses but prism best reply was oh we will only send a technician for him to tell u in the face that its a spiderweb damage without opening the TV to investigate and kept repeating to take the refurbish since I'm stuck with them

E. because I already spent 1k plus installing the bracket I gave in and said fine I'll get the whatever refurbish set which they claim is opened n returned as previous owner bought a wrong size.

F. Today the delivery guy came, so I casually asked how often this problems occur. He told me in the last 2 to 3 weeks, about 300 SETS of TV had this issue and prism hq denies to be their fault. CAN U IMAGINE THIS?

The driver said sometime customer not to blame, because can be many factors that cause a damage to the TV from order shipment, to delivering and installation.

These damages tend to only appear after a week or 2 and prism will always take a photo during the actual delivery to say here u go. No issue and its full responsibility of the owner.

G. This I took photo of the installation process and let's see if the same occurs

H. best part, prism got a new customer service to call me, he accidently spilled the beans to say actually I'm not buying a refurbish set, in their system I'm actually EXCHANGING it but paying full refurbish price for it.

The driver shared with me what PRISM do was they take back the OLD TV, remove out the expensive motherboard, spare parts and refurbish it to sell.

I. So when the installation team came to remove my old TV and replace with the new one. I asked them, since I bought this refurbish set, can I smash the old one since no value? The guy didn't want to say but just said the above will likely happen but they are installation team only so don't want to comment much

In summary, just becareful. U might just be able to pay for a proper LG or SAMSUNG. After sharing my post, there were also other victims who faced the same issue that spoke to me about this. Don't be the next.

I hope this post saves u some money. Cheers and merry christmas

Would the Lemon Law apply for this case? If yes, then prehaps CASE might be the best bet. If legal action is required then probably the Small Claims Tribunal.

sheshen

Reaction score
Would the Lemon Law apply for this case? If yes, then prehaps CASE might be the best bet. If legal action is required then probably the Small Claims Tribunal.

TV doesn't crack on its own and he/she couldn't justify how the TV crack. Customer fault indeed.

orchardtown

Reaction score
No that's not me.

Arent u the one that posted on FB sg complaint group? deleted post cos kena flame till no left over?

HWZ not ur private army leh. Durian drop by itself yes. Screen crack by itself u smoking who. Due to feng shui reason leh.

so now u buy tv or computer i need ask the feng shui shifu when is a good date good time to install or when i can install my game on my pc?

orchardtown

Reaction score
Didn't pursue this route. Too troublesome for too small an amount. Just bought another with prism on a refurbish set due to the wall mount issue that LG TV unable to use.

Last edited:

BlackStar00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arent u the one that posted on FB sg complaint group? deleted post cos kena flame till no left over?

HWZ not ur private army leh. Durian drop by itself yes. Screen crack by itself u smoking who. Due to feng shui reason leh.

so now u buy tv or computer i need ask the feng shui shifu when is a good date good time to install or when i can install my game on my pc?

He didn't say it crack due to fengshui reason. He said he didn't not move in cos of fengshui count date. Which was why there was nobody at home.

sheshen

Reaction score
Read the post. Internal crack not external.

Same thing. Internal crack, external crack, whatever crack. Late moving date, nobody at home, whatever fengshui. Crack is crack, and it's not covered by warranty. Complain there and here, the most company will offer is discounted price for the replacement. Same thing with laptop, handphone or tablet.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same thing. Internal crack, external crack, whatever crack. Late moving date, nobody at home, whatever fengshui. Crack is crack, and it's not covered by warranty. Complain there and here, the most company will offer is discounted price for the replacement. Same thing with laptop, handphone or tablet.

If it’s QC problem, better companies would repair for free or at least take a look at it. IKEA glass crack by itself also can get refund.

Defending a company for lack of accountability... must be a hired troll.

Last edited:

orchardtown

Reaction score

i beg to differ, my colleague had an apple phone product before and on the 2nd week she dropped the phone, had a screen cracked and didn't buy the insurance.

Apple nonetheless did a 1 to 1 exchange, albeit with a refurbished set. Still a good gesture from a company. till today she lived and breathe apple phone, iPads , pods etc

i feel prism has a good product. just when unfortunate things like this happen, 0 protection to the consumer, leaving a sour note. so buy and don't hope for any protection for such matter.

lots of times we learn from experience. when i posted this, i get private messages from friends and family who shared bad experience with the company.

guess it's a case of buy and you learn of the company policy. but i think it's alright, just look forward to other brands

Asd787

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Follow up to my Prism E65 that was screen damaged after 1 month without anyone in the house due to fengshui reason we couldn't move in till a certain date.

A. What happen was the TV screen suddenly had a spiderweb screen damage in the inside which affected the screen.

B. I told prism there was no one in the house and can't be my fault but they quickly deny and said its must be my fault and they don't cover this on warranty.

Our warranty only cover spare parts which is unlike what was written on their website.

D. Upon seeing my email, prism immediately offered me a refurbish set at 799 for my E65" which they claim is out of goodwill but I felt they weren't even listening to the problem and seems like a pre scripted strategy. When I tried to expose the person, he denied it.

I asked for a fair judgement to get a technician to prove that the damage was done by me because there was no one at home so it clearly can't be done by me and was willing to even pay for the technician at my own expenses but prism best reply was oh we will only send a technician for him to tell u in the face that its a spiderweb damage without opening the TV to investigate and kept repeating to take the refurbish since I'm stuck with them

E. because I already spent 1k plus installing the bracket I gave in and said fine I'll get the whatever refurbish set which they claim is opened n returned as previous owner bought a wrong size.

F. Today the delivery guy came, so I casually asked how often this problems occur. He told me in the last 2 to 3 weeks, about 300 SETS of TV had this issue and prism hq denies to be their fault. CAN U IMAGINE THIS?

The driver said sometime customer not to blame, because can be many factors that cause a damage to the TV from order shipment, to delivering and installation.

These damages tend to only appear after a week or 2 and prism will always take a photo during the actual delivery to say here u go. No issue and its full responsibility of the owner.

G. This I took photo of the installation process and let's see if the same occurs

H. best part, prism got a new customer service to call me, he accidently spilled the beans to say actually I'm not buying a refurbish set, in their system I'm actually EXCHANGING it but paying full refurbish price for it.

The driver shared with me what PRISM do was they take back the OLD TV, remove out the expensive motherboard, spare parts and refurbish it to sell.

I. So when the installation team came to remove my old TV and replace with the new one. I asked them, since I bought this refurbish set, can I smash the old one since no value? The guy didn't want to say but just said the above will likely happen but they are installation team only so don't want to comment much

In summary, just becareful. U might just be able to pay for a proper LG or SAMSUNG. After sharing my post, there were also other victims who faced the same issue that spoke to me about this. Don't be the next.

Wow...****** up company....luckily I avoided this brand and bought LG even before reading this thread...

Asd787

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in our LG and Philips TV deals.

1) Philips 55" 4K Smart LED TV @ $699 (U.P. $1,499) with FREE $240 Audio House eCashback + FREE wall mounting.

2) LG 55” OLED TV 55C8 @ $1,999 (U.P. $4,699) with FREE $760 Audio House eCashback.

Please let us know which model you are keen on if you would like our sales team to assist you further.

Exclusive offers are available only for store purchase on first come first served basis, at 23 Ubi Road 4 Audio House Building. Thank you, and we hope to serve you soon.

Best regards,
Audio House

CrimsonSkyRed

Reaction score
i beg to differ, my colleague had an apple phone product before and on the 2nd week she dropped the phone, had a screen cracked and didn't buy the insurance.

Apple nonetheless did a 1 to 1 exchange, albeit with a refurbished set. Still a good gesture from a company. till today she lived and breathe apple phone, iPads , pods etc

i feel prism has a good product. just when unfortunate things like this happen, 0 protection to the consumer, leaving a sour note. so buy and don't hope for any protection for such matter.

lots of times we learn from experience. when i posted this, i get private messages from friends and family who shared bad experience with the company.

guess it's a case of buy and you learn of the company policy. but i think it's alright, just look forward to other brands

How's the new "refurbished" set? I think we shouldn't compare a small company with a big one like Apple, with profit margin of who knows how much. Plus claiming that it cracks on its own, you might as well blame it on the delivery guys.

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from your AppleCare+ purchase date1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months.

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi orchardtown

Did a google search with words "spiderweb internal screen crack tv"

See one link below. I understand from websites, the usual problem is light impact but could be Quality issue too. At the below link 80 over people have reported similar problems. All the best.

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/plasma-cracked-from-inside-spider-web-525394/

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi orchardtown

Did a google search with words "spiderweb internal screen crack tv"

See one link below. I understand from websites, the usual problem is light impact but could be Quality issue too. At the below link 80 over people have reported similar problems. All the best.

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/plasma-cracked-from-inside-spider-web-525394/

That can happen especially those large screen size. Most of the time is due to transportation, at time during installation. It develop a slight hair line crack and after use, it become more visible.

AeRo84

Reaction score

Not true, customer are still protected by consumer laws.

If samsung hp all start to develop internal crack by itself, u bet they will recall like their old note phone with battery problem

Bardiel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true, customer are still protected by consumer laws.

If samsung hp all start to develop internal crack by itself, u bet they will recall like their old note phone with battery problem

where is your sauce? so who is placing the bet? :s22: :s22:

juniorelnino

Reaction score
Got my Q75 recently, so far so good, by that I mean can on/off, image is clear, sound is good, apps is working fine. TV channels are picking up well.

kenneth_L

Reaction score
got mine in December and yesterday - the screen started turning white! rebooted and it was pretty much the same. I hope they honor the warranty but so far, i'm really unhappy. this thing is barely 2 months old.

Got my Q75 recently, so far so good, by that I mean can on/off, image is clear, sound is good, apps is working fine. TV channels are picking up well.

juniorelnino

Reaction score
got mine in December and yesterday - the screen started turning white! rebooted and it was pretty much the same. I hope they honor the warranty but so far, i'm really unhappy. this thing is barely 2 months old.

Do update the progress, am interested to know how good is their customer service.

hongliang

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone hooked up their Dolby digital or DTS 5.1 system to their q65 TV? Is it possible to get true 5.1 audio in Dolby digital or DTS when watching Netflix or amazon prime 5.1 content?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.