HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Prism+ TV

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2020, 12:25 PM   #271

Quite angry....
But after reading, which issue he face and which issue he resolve?
Better avoid anyway haha
Old 19-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #272

For those who has no display after power on from standby, what’s your outcome after raising it to Prism+...?

Replace or refund...?
xbfloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #273

For those who wanna get the new prism android tv beware. Checked with them the ram and processor are ARM Cortex-A55/1.1GHz/Quad core
RAM (DDR3) is 1 GB. The ram is a little too low, may lag.
Cheese Steak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 11:07 PM   #274

Hope they support Apple TV as major Brands support this including Samsung and Sony.
ym_tan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 11:41 PM   #275
Master Member

Check with you guys, can the E55 play media from the USB port?
ashketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #276

They said is 2gbram and 16gb memory
Kenlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 01:55 AM   #277

My friend owns a Prism+ TV the 65", went to his place to have a look. The picture quality resembles those TVs you'd see at NTUC IMO. If you're spending this amount, just get the TCL C715/C716. You'll get a better viewing experience especially in dark rooms as the entire line of Prism+ TVs are IPS Panel while the TCL is using VA Panel.

If you're not familiar with TV tech please research here first: https://www.rtings.com/

Do not expect good quality from TVs that have IPS panels. They are the worst type of Panel and suffer from all kinds of nasty issues such as ips glow (as posted by an owner in the page before this), flash lighting, and the worst part is they have the lowest contrast ratio. Unfortunately some of these issues are natural to IPS panels and are not even part of Panel Lottery.

Contrast Ratio:
VA Panel (Left), IPS (Right)

As you can see Contrast Ratio plays a significant role in the overall Picture Quality and RTINGS is your best bet at getting a trusted measurement.

Just have a look at RTings's Contrast Ratio measurements of TVs with VA panels and TVs with IPS panels. I can guarantee you'll be equipped to make a better and more sound decision after looking at their measurements.

To add, the guy that posted below about his Monitor issue and how the Technician handled his case sounds similar to my friend who bought an Aftershock Apex 15. That Laptop runs HOT as HELL. Both the intel 10th gen i7 and RTX 2060 Super runs at 85-92 degrees under normal internet browsing, you-tubing usage even with their so called Turbo fan mode on.

When we called them up, the Tech "expert" simply said that it was normal and performing under spec. I think there's a reason why they are not doing too good. Wrong marketing plan. If they had marketed that laptop as the Apex Toaster it'll sell like hot cakes because at 90 degrees celsius, you bet it'll perform under spec.

Last edited by Kepller; 28-10-2020 at 02:09 AM..
Kepller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #278

My friend owns a Prism+ TV the 65", went to his place to have a look. The picture quality resembles those TVs you'd see at NTUC IMO. If you're spending this amount, just get the TCL C715/C716. You'll get a better viewing experience especially in dark rooms as the entire line of Prism+ TVs are IPS Panel while the TCL is using VA Panel.

If you're not familiar with TV tech please research here first: https://www.rtings.com/

Do not expect good quality from TVs that have IPS panels. They are the worst type of Panel and suffer from all kinds of nasty issues such as ips glow (as posted by an owner in the page before this), flash lighting, and the worst part is they have the lowest contrast ratio. Unfortunately some of these issues are natural to IPS panels and are not even part of Panel Lottery.

Contrast Ratio:
VA Panel (Left), IPS (Right)

As you can see Contrast Ratio plays a significant role in the overall Picture Quality and RTINGS is your best bet at getting a trusted measurement.

Just have a look at RTings's Contrast Ratio measurements of TVs with VA panels and TVs with IPS panels. I can guarantee you'll be equipped to make a better and more sound decision after looking at their measurements.

To add, the guy that posted below about his Monitor issue and how the Technician handled his case sounds similar to my friend who bought an Aftershock Apex 15. That Laptop runs HOT as HELL. Both the intel 10th gen i7 and RTX 2060 Super runs at 85-92 degrees under normal internet browsing, you-tubing usage even with their so called Turbo fan mode on.

When we called them up, the Tech "expert" simply said that it was normal and performing under spec. I think there's a reason why they are not doing too good. Wrong marketing plan. If they had marketed that laptop as the Apex Toaster it'll sell like hot cakes because at 90 degrees celsius, you bet it'll perform under spec.
got so jialat meh?

i have 2 TVs in my home.

both 65 inch. One is a LG CX OLED and another one is the Xiaomi GLobal version Mi TV 4S 65 inch. The xiaomi one is also an IPS i think and i paid it quite cheap, in fact cheaper than prism. Prism E65 sells at $999 while the xiaomi mi 4s i got it at $680 to $700.

Of course the OLED will win in the black contrasts but to be honest i use the xiaomi in my master bed room to watch netflix 4k content, it still look decent. it is not a night and day difference compared to my OLED as both are also 4k. My perspective is, if picture quality to the dot really matters, get an OLED, thats the best PQ you can get with the perfect blacks and colors pop, but if you dont intend to spend and on a budget, to me the xiaomi mi tv 4S does fit the bill for casual viewing on netflix, youtube etc. i got no complains of it at all.
hyperfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 02:27 PM   #279

got so jialat meh?

i have 2 TVs in my home.

both 65 inch. One is a LG CX OLED and another one is the Xiaomi GLobal version Mi TV 4S 65 inch. The xiaomi one is also an IPS i think and i paid it quite cheap, in fact cheaper than prism. Prism E65 sells at $999 while the xiaomi mi 4s i got it at $680 to $700.

Of course the OLED will win in the black contrasts but to be honest i use the xiaomi in my master bed room to watch netflix 4k content, it still look decent. it is not a night and day difference compared to my OLED as both are also 4k. My perspective is, if picture quality to the dot really matters, get an OLED, thats the best PQ you can get with the perfect blacks and colors pop, but if you dont intend to spend and on a budget, to me the xiaomi mi tv 4S does fit the bill for casual viewing on netflix, youtube etc. i got no complains of it at all.
There's a difference if you have them side by side and it also depends on the content you're watching. I can confidently say if you have a TV with a VA panel beside your IPS panel you will definitely see the difference and would prefer the VA.

The VA will have more depth especially in dark scenes. IPS will suffer from black crush since their contrast ratios are typically within the sub 1000:1 range while VA can hover anywhere around 3000:1 to 5000:1. This means that if you watch a movie that has lots of dark scenes e.g (Dark Knight, Game of Thrones), the IPS TV will struggle at producing different shades of blacks, and the viewer will be unable to see what's going on in the movie.

OLEDs are in a different league, they have both viewing angle and perfect contrast ratio but if you're comparing the sub 1k price range TVs then it will be between VA and IPS.

Ultimately as long as you as the customer is happy with the TV nothing else matters. Just make sure you guys do research at https://www.rtings.com/ to prevent from buyers remorse as from what I'm reading in this thread there are quite a handful of unhappy owners here.
Old 28-10-2020, 05:19 PM   #280
High Supremacy Member

look at wat this bui bui has to say

Beh-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2020, 06:06 PM   #281

There's a difference if you have them side by side and it also depends on the content you're watching. I can confidently say if you have a TV with a VA panel beside your IPS panel you will definitely see the difference and would prefer the VA.

The VA will have more depth especially in dark scenes. IPS will suffer from black crush since their contrast ratios are typically within the sub 1000:1 range while VA can hover anywhere around 3000:1 to 5000:1. This means that if you watch a movie that has lots of dark scenes e.g (Dark Knight, Game of Thrones), the IPS TV will struggle at producing different shades of blacks, and the viewer will be unable to see what's going on in the movie.

OLEDs are in a different league, they have both viewing angle and perfect contrast ratio but if you're comparing the sub 1k price range TVs then it will be between VA and IPS.

Ultimately as long as you as the customer is happy with the TV nothing else matters. Just make sure you guys do research at https://www.rtings.com/ to prevent from buyers remorse as from what I'm reading in this thread there are quite a handful of unhappy owners here.
Yea of course I dont have side by side as one is in living room and another in mbr.

But anyway my point is, for budget tvs, to be honest the xiaomi mi 4s is really value for money since its cheaper than prism and yet probably the same picture quality as the prism. So its a win there.

Anyway for budget users, no point paying a few extra hundreds more for a difference that only can be comparable if u put 2 screens side by side. Just get a decent android one that is cheaper will do.

If of course want the best picture quality, OLED hands down. But as I say I have 2 tvs that is considered one of the best 4k tv at the moment and a 4k tv that is the cheapest available, I can no doubt vouch that the xiaomi one hits all the requirements for a enjoyable tv experience since apps can be installed with ease.
hyperfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 12:48 AM   #282

ya, i think so
bcyx63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #283
High Supremacy Member

Prism E43 ($408) or Panasonic 43HX650s ($509)? Both i presume have 3 yrs warranty.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:10 AM   #284

Why not consider the Prism Q series Android tv for comparison?
weeza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:21 AM   #285
Supremacy Member

look at wat this bui bui has to say

cannot afford proper haircut but want review TV?
大蛇丸 Orochimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.