The organisor should have a separate fair for credit card and insurance companies.

Reaction score
what have banks and insurance companies got to do with IT products and accessories actually?

why not have a separate fair exclusive for those credit card and insurance companies instead???

famactic

Reaction score
what have banks and insurance companies got to do with IT products and accessories actually?

why not have a separate fair exclusive for those credit card and insurance companies instead???

Agree, they re really so unprofessional. Bugging u all the way, these credit card company should not conduct business in such a manner. Really hope MAS will look into it.

PCD_LO

Reaction score

They are there for the support of the ecosystem.
If spaces are not filled up, Organizers will have to charged higher for the booth space.
When cost of booth space goes up, the discounts that resellers can give goes down. We will have to buy at higher price.

So just ignore them. Think of them as helping you get better discounts for our purchases.
Best way is just tell them you are already their credit card members or already bought their insurance. :)

Last edited:

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya they have to be there for the greater good.
Plus going so many shows should develop ways to handle/ignore them.

audeze

Banned
Reaction score

If they have a separate fair, it won't survive because nobody will show up :s13:

stanlee2008

Reaction score
need them to occupy the booths. otherwise no IT fair feasible as mot enough rental to collect:)

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly.
These are unfortunate 'costs' for a free fair.

Rental, setup, manpower, etc., are no joke in these exhibition halls.

kumokumo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time flyer distributers were very aggressive, now is those banks and insurance coy. Is there a limit to how aggressive they can tout?

A few shows ago, I was dodging my way through the crowd when a sales rep approached me with the "can you help do a survey" opening. I waved him off and proceeded moving forward. The next moment he cut right in front of my path causing me to bang into him, then I tried side stepping he also side step like man marking me in basketball. Had to give him the pissed off look before he goes away and approach the next victim.

Can I consider that as physical touting and it is against the law right?

Last edited:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Darn, that's bad.
Which show was it and who does he represent?

You should feedback to their FB page on this.

Is there a limit to how aggressive they can tout?

A few shows ago, I was dodging my way through the crowd when a sales rep approached me with the "can you help do a survey" opening. I waved him off and proceeded moving forward. The next moment he cut right in front of my path causing me to bang into him, then I tried side stepping he also side step like man marking me in basketball. Had to give him the pissed off look before he goes away and approach the next victim.

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Last time flyer distributers were very aggressive, now is those banks and insurance coy. Is there a limit to how aggressive they can tout?

I learnt to bulldoze through these people literally if they do not respect me.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Insurance company ad credit card should not be allowed in the show.
To those intend to sign out during the show, watch and make sure your personal information is secured.
Otherwise your application may reach to company/bank only after the show. During the 4 days, the paper may be anywhere and everywhere.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even if CC / insurance coys attend these fairs and help bring down rental costs, what makes you think those savings are passed down to consumers? Confirm keep inside own pockets lor...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.