M1 Fibre Deals

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did not incur this at all on my 1gbps to 500mbps downgrade during PC show offer online.

Bill came and under the line Change of Bill Plan/Services was a (waiver: $30) and stated FREE.

Wow yours is considered lucky then. M1 told me need to pay deh. Hahaha.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprise to see such people around the world.

Got 1 colick so "gay gao" with you till 10 cents also want to take back and best part is when come to OT, they still want to "jiak" you share.

Anyway, thank for up front info.

Ya lor ikr :s22::s13:

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BjrxKGjl.png

Mine is eligible for recontract from today. I will call up and recontract later today.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow yours is considered lucky then. M1 told me need to pay deh. Hahaha.
Benefits of recontracting online I guess, like I mentioned previously, you can see all the chargable items in your cart before you commit. Salesperson will just charge you everything they can, customer service will reply with sop responses.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just recontracted at the M1 shop.

X7p4yZ8l.png

I also got a $5 M card for $2. They are actually giving out 3 cards for $6. But I already have 2 prepaid sims in my name.

intellution

Reaction score
Just received my first bill after recontracting online and downgrading from 1Gbps to 500Mbps. Also got the Change of Bill Plan $30 waived although the M1 Shop staff told me it was chargeable.

There was also a Change of Bill Plan charge for the mobile broadband (data sim card) and that was waived as well ($20).

all in all, everything was good. worth the downgrade in speed for me.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

X7p4yZ8l.png

I also got a $5 M card for $2. They are actually giving out 3 cards for $6. But I already have 2 prepaid sims in my name.

That promo still hasn't die, but M1 Prepaid customer base keeps shrinking lol.

While M1 Postpaid customer base increases during the same period, maybe even accelerate thanks to the Flexi plan actually.

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score

the M card expires fast (in one month after u buy?). That's why i didn't get even though so cheap.
It's activated the moment u buy, so gotta make sure u use them up.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the M card expires fast (in one month after u buy?). That's why i didn't get even though so cheap.
It's activated the moment u buy, so gotta make sure u use them up.
It is ok lah, just add to DBS paylah, and the referee and referer get $5 each, so I earned $8 already. The expiry is in 90 days.

StationA

Reaction score
It is not so simple as like getting 1gbps will means less likely to encounter buffering. It depends on a lot of factors.

If on 500mbps and your using wired ethernet cable vs someone who is using 1gbps and is using wireless connection. The one using 1gbps connection will buffer more then the one who is on 500mbps.

So it is not so simple as oh I using 1gbps means less buffer.

Important thing is to make sure you are getting a good connection if your on wireless wifi make sure on full signal strength.

If using wired connection usually no problem will not buffer one even if your on 200mbps or 300mbps. Also have to see at the same point of time the people who is using the same internet connection is downloading any large files or streaming any 4k videos as that could take up alot of bandwidth and affect other internet users that are using the same connection.

To keep it simple you can have a good stable internet and bufferless connection even at 200mbps or 300mbps. It just depends on how many people and how heavy they are using the internet bandwidth at the same time that will affect the internet video buffering or download speed.

But to add on for an average normal users of 4 people 300mbps is already adequate let alone 500mbps. 1Gbps if your household have 5 to 6 people 24/7 have to download large files or stream 4k videos then I can see the need for 1gbps lol.

Totally agree. with 300Mbps already most of the website can't fill it full. for fullHD video streaming, 50Mbps-100Mbps is already enough. unless your home has more than 4 people and everyone like to watching their own video in fullHD, no need to upgrade for a reason of 300M smaller than 1G.

Also I just noticed the 4G SIM card comes with the 500Mbps plan has only 500MB free data :s12::eek:, that's only half of the one comes with previous 300M plan. anyone else noticed? I think this make the new 500Mbps plan less attractive than the old 300Mbps plan.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. with 300Mbps already most of the website can't fill it full. for fullHD video streaming, 50Mbps-100Mbps is already enough. unless your home has more than 4 people and everyone like to watching their own video in fullHD, no need to upgrade for a reason of 300M smaller than 1G.

Also I just noticed the 4G SIM card comes with the 500Mbps plan has only 500MB free data :s12::eek:, that's only half of the one comes with previous 300M plan. anyone else noticed? I think this make the new 500Mbps plan less attractive than the old 300Mbps plan.

For the 500MB has already downgrade since last few years (iirc 2016 period.) And a lot of formers discussing about that quite numerous times.

Anyway i think they are just trying to stick to what their competitors are offering.Q

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mData 1GB was phased out and replaced with SurfValue 500MB in May 2017. Even if you recontract for 300Mbps (after the 500Mbps promo at the same price is over), you're still getting the same.

In line with SingTel giving free 500MB 4G MBB, and StarHub dropping the 1GB 3G MBB for non-Hubbing customers.

maleman

Reaction score
mData 1GB was phased out and replaced with SurfValue 500MB in May 2017. Even if you recontract for 300Mbps (after the 500Mbps promo at the same price is over), you're still getting the same.

In line with SingTel giving free 500MB 4G MBB, and StarHub dropping the 1GB 3G MBB for non-Hubbing customers.

Subscribe to circles.life for 1gb data essentially for free..... $0/month.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 has dropped the speed of fibre broadband, $29 plan to 300mbps already.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you been using circles.life? Is it reliable? Or pretty much no difference.

Compare between M1 and Circles... Don't really notice any big difference, at least on 4G/LTE.

Only thing that is missing is only VoLTE, which I a lot. Monthly talktime around 300-450 mins, if on 3G HSPA can't always surf while talk alr.

Once you go VoLTE (and HD Voice) with lots of talktime, you have a very hard time going back.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Compare between M1 and Circles... Don't really notice any big difference, at least on 4G/LTE.

Only thing that is missing is only VoLTE, which I a lot. Monthly talktime around 300-450 mins, if on 3G HSPA can't always surf while talk alr.

Once you go VoLTE (and HD Voice) with lots of talktime, you have a very hard time going back.
Volte is billed in minutes, even though it is data in mb right? Then why is it better?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.