Like Tree475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #1876

since you declared yourself as IT guy.

do these:

1. connect box to pc using ADB
2. delete busybox and su files in system|bin folder
3. delete supersu.apk in app folder.

you will get either a unrooted box or bricked box (if you have done it wrongly, but not to worry, time to practise flashing of firmware).

for non-IT guy, the same can be done via es explorer by navigating to the folders and delete the few files - but there is still risk of bricking the box.
Tried the non-IT guy way on Tanix TX5 Max and TX 6 and both failed to delete the files. Apparently they are protected even though both are rooted.

Tried SuperSu and Magisk on both boxes as well and again failed.

So I gave up.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #1877

For Tanix TX6 owners only, today I tried two things on the box. One is successful and the other one failed.

1) Use a USB fan to blow the air from the side ventilation holes, very effective to bring the temperature down from 85-90 degree C (today is a hot day) to 65-70 degree C.

Probably I want to open the top cover and secure the fan on top.

2) Tried the previous OTA and they were successful. Today tried the new OTA which is supposed to fix the notification bar issues but it failed. Not so sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I am using an OEM version (without Tanix logo).

From Tanix Facebook page:

FIRMWARE Update: TANIX TX6 update by OTA. In order to get the v20190508, open the pre-installed "UPDATE" APP and check for online updates.

Tanix TX6 overview: http://www.tanix-box.com/project-vie...i-6k-alice-ux/

Change log:

1. Make status bar and notification window interactive.
2. Fixed bug about external camera not working

Last edited by xiaofan; 12-05-2019 at 10:00 PM..
Old 12-05-2019, 11:58 PM   #1878
Master Member

Tried the non-IT guy way on Tanix TX5 Max and TX 6 and both failed to delete the files. Apparently they are protected even though both are rooted.

Tried SuperSu and Magisk on both boxes as well and again failed.

So I gave up.
you have to turn on root explorer option before deleting the files.

The safer way to unroot is via supersu.

run supersu, go to its settings page and scroll all the way down - you will see the unroot option.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 13-05-2019 at 12:01 AM..
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 12:53 AM   #1879

since you declared yourself as IT guy.

do these:

1. connect box to pc using ADB
2. delete busybox and su files in system|bin folder
3. delete supersu.apk in app folder.

you will get either a unrooted box or bricked box (if you have done it wrongly, but not to worry, time to practise flashing of firmware).

for non-IT guy, the same can be done via es explorer by navigating to the folders and delete the few files - but there is still risk of bricking the box.
Hi Choo, problem is i am unable to find any SU files inside the system.... Any idea where to find beside there....
Shawncck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #1880

Anyone else facing problem of 全民K歌 songs not loading?
teraboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 08:30 AM   #1881

Anyone else facing problem of 全民K歌 songs not loading?
Not using this app myself but usually you need to use VPN, just like QQ Music.

Try to install Transocks 穿梭VPN to see if that helps. You may have to use the mobile version if the TV version does not work.
https://transocks.com/mobile-android.html

Or SpeedIn 快帆
https://www.speedin.in/

BTW, for QQ Music, I am paying for the VIP and then no need to use VPN. This does not seem to be the case for 全民K歌.

Last edited by xiaofan; 13-05-2019 at 08:40 AM..
Old 13-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #1882

Took delivery of my TX5 Max at the weekend..... Tanix mentioned during boot but not printed on the box.

My first TV Box and with no instructions I needed quite a few WhatsApp messages and half a day to get everything up and running such that I could use it. Bought together with Air Mouse and that helped a lot after 20min charging its battery.

Simple IPTV App is pre-loaded but I saw quite quickly it is not the best option for getting TV so side loaded some new apps.

Only issue seems to be the SD slot doesn't work so I need to go to File Manager and copy from USB to Local before being able to run. Is there a way to remove Play Store nd Chrome icons from Home Screen? I can only add three of my own apps to home screen and they would be used more.....also better not to confuse family.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #1883

Only issue seems to be the SD slot doesn't work so I need to go to File Manager and copy from USB to Local before being able to run. Is there a way to remove Play Store nd Chrome icons from Home Screen? I can only add three of my own apps to home screen and they would be used more.....also better not to confuse family.
Micro SD card should work even though usually I use a USB drive. You may try to format the uSD card in FAT32 format to see if that helps.

Install ES File Explorer and that is a better file manager than the built-in one. You have to side load it now that Google has removed it from the Play Store. You can click an apk file in either the built-in file manager or ES File Explorer to install, no need to copy to the box.

As for Alice UX, I am not a fan but you can add multiple apps to the home screen, just that you need to scroll through the icons using the remote or air mouse. You can also add a few apps in the setting section as well.

BTW, the left of the screen will also show the recently used apps.

Last edited by xiaofan; 13-05-2019 at 10:31 AM..
Old 13-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #1884
Master Member

Hi Choo, problem is i am unable to find any SU files inside the system.... Any idea where to find beside there....
These are hidden files and they are at folders in device root directory.

For you, may be it is easier to use supersu to unroot
Old 13-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #1885

These are hidden files and they are at folders in device root directory.

For you, may be it is easier to use supersu to unroot
SuperSU is almost guarantee either not to work or brick the box based on my testing.

For my first box X96 Mini, install of SuperSU bricked the box.

For my Tanix TX5 Max, I encountered the error of "SU binary occupied" and no way to fix it.

But one user reported success with SuperSU on Tanix TX5 Max even with the error message. He was able to hide the root for some apps.
Old 13-05-2019, 01:03 PM   #1886
Master Member

SuperSU is almost guarantee either not to work or brick the box based on my testing.

For my first box X96 Mini, install of SuperSU bricked the box.

For my Tanix TX5 Max, I encountered the error of "SU binary occupied" and no way to fix it.

But one user reported success with SuperSU on Tanix TX5 Max even with the error message. He was able to hide the root for some apps.
You can't install supersu if your box is already rooted. You should have another app with similar name already installed. Use that app instead.

For some boxes, if supersu is already installed, it can be used to unroot.

All rooted box should have app similar to supersu to grant root access to selected apps.
Old 13-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #1887

You can't install supersu if your box is already rooted. You should have another app with similar name already installed. Use that app instead.

For some boxes, if supersu is already installed, it can be used to unroot.

All rooted box should have app similar to supersu to grant root access to selected apps.
Unfortunately no. There is a binary called su and no app to grant or deny root access. Root access is just automatically granted for my boxes.

Probably only one box is different. I need to check.

Last edited by xiaofan; 13-05-2019 at 02:19 PM..
Old 13-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #1888

run supersu, go to its settings page and scroll all the way down - you will see the unroot option.
Hi Choo, how to run supersu? I couldnt find the app.... u have idea?
Old 13-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #1889
Master Member

Hi Choo, how to run supersu? I couldnt find the app.... u have idea?
go to es file explorer, enable root explorer, enable hidden file.

then navigate to system|bin and system|xbin

post the screen shot of these 2 folders here, I can try to suggest which files to delete.
Old 13-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #1890

Hi Choo, do i need to install supersu? Cos i couldnt find any supersu app in my box....
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.