HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree462Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #181
Arch-Supremacy Member

wondering can we connect setup box to a 27" computer monitor if my PC monitor has HDMI input
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #182

Those official Android TV boxes will only have the play store tv version unlike the 3rd party boxes with the phone/tablet Google play store. I think you still can sideload unsupported APK in to the mibox manually.

To play a video file from local storage or network storage you can use Kodi. Not sure if there is a web browser for the official Android TV boxes.
The play store tv version has a lack of apps. That is what is putting me off from getting a Mi Box 3s international version.

Will sideloading of the apks work for all apps from the tablet/phone version of the play store?

From one of the shopee reviews, someone mentioned that he could not install toggle.sg in the mi box 3s android tv global.
Or maybe he did not try sideloading?

Does the official android box include chrome or firefox in their play store?

For barebones android box, any recommendations?

I'm still undecided between the Mi box or a cheap oem android box, mainly because of the mi box android tv store's shortcomings.
VigilanteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 10:04 AM   #183
Master Member

Newbie question: Can use TV box with plasma TV (has HDMI inputs)? Thanks.
FinchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 11:09 AM   #184
Supremacy Member

The play store tv version has a lack of apps. That is what is putting me off from getting a Mi Box 3s international version.

Will sideloading of the apks work for all apps from the tablet/phone version of the play store?

From one of the shopee reviews, someone mentioned that he could not install toggle.sg in the mi box 3s android tv global.
Or maybe he did not try sideloading?

Does the official android box include chrome or firefox in their play store?

For barebones android box, any recommendations?

I'm still undecided between the Mi box or a cheap oem android box, mainly because of the mi box android tv store's shortcomings.
On the subject of sideloading, it is working. I have the 3S which i dislike but somehow, it's working as I am using some third party applications unavailable in the official stores.

The reason why I got a Mibox is due to the simplicity of the entire box, especially on the remote which is very user friendly for the old folks.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #185

What apps to watch Korean shows with eng subtitles?

Hi guys, I'm quite a newbie when it comes to android box. Just bought my first one for my parents.

The box comes with its own app store, but I can only find one app that has Korean dramas and variety shows - Rss Player. The other apps have US movies, TV shows, HK and chinese dramas.

Are there other apps that I can find on Google Playstore itself which has korean shows with english subtitles?
alfseeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:26 PM   #186

any recommendation for legal box?
zhiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:32 PM   #187

any recommendation for legal box?
only the Nvidia shield and Xiaomi mi box are official Android TV devices.you can buy any android TV box online and just use legal apps.
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #188
Arch-Supremacy Member

only the Nvidia shield and Xiaomi mi box are official Android TV devices.you can buy any android TV box online and just use legal apps.
There are many others that are official Android TV box like ViewQuest TV box and AC Ryan TV box. Those boxes are officially bundled with the ISP so it is official TV box.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #189

u use ur phone to download the legal apks then project it on TV lor, still legal right? unless ur phone is illegal :\
Old 05-06-2018, 11:37 AM   #190

There are many others that are official Android TV box like ViewQuest TV box and AC Ryan TV box. Those boxes are officially bundled with the ISP so it is official TV box.
They are not. they don't run androidtv os and also do not support Chromecast and DRM I think

https://www.android.com/tv/
Old 09-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #191

What andriod tv box should i buy? I want to watch movie and also channel from Singapore and other countries. I am looking for good quality picture and no lagging
RockStar9238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:56 PM   #192

What andriod tv box should i buy? I want to watch movie and also channel from Singapore and other countries. I am looking for good quality picture and no lagging
What you want is the apps. If you have an android phone, go search around and see if you can find the apps that provide you with what you want. Then you can install it on most android TV box.

Only the Nvidia shield and the Xiaomi mi box are lisenced Google devices that come with a proprietary play store that only has apps for TV and Chromecast , DRM support.

All the other tv boxes are running the phone version of Android and will function similarly to any android phone.
Old 15-06-2018, 01:42 AM   #193
Arch-Supremacy Member

can the Unblock Tech watch world cup ? i thought the server is in HK or sg ?

any reviews ?
Old 16-06-2018, 04:12 AM   #194
Arch-Supremacy Member

undecided between the Q Box 4K Android Box and the Unblock Tech
don't know which one to get ?
Old 16-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #195

Don't depend on preinstalled apps. Just get any device and install the apps yourself. Those bundled apps are not made by the TV box manufacturers, they are most likely sourced from the internet and installed by the resellers to make the box more attractive to people who don't know better.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.