HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree466Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #2071

Which Android TV? Just follow the vendor guide? Usually you will need to pair the remote, connect to WiFi, log in to your Google account. Sometimes you may need to tune the Display resolution and Timezone settings.
SONY KD49X7500F. Bought at a fair last year and best denki told me only they can set up and paid them twice to come down to do it. And the apps dont work after a while. Only noticed this thread now and felt really stupid to pay them to come down to do it haha so wondering if i can get any advise here on how to do it.
shenjingbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #2072

Thanks! I don’t see many sellers of evpad box online by doing a search of “tv box” though hmm. Lemme go check it out
Go sim lim sq ah beng shop ask
mdax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #2073
Master Member

SONY KD49X7500F. Bought at a fair last year and best denki told me only they can set up and paid them twice to come down to do it. And the apps dont work after a while. Only noticed this thread now and felt really stupid to pay them to come down to do it haha so wondering if i can get any advise here on how to do it.
google for facebook group tv box sg
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:34 PM   #2074
Master Member

Go sim lim sq ah beng shop ask
then peppermint has to do this

Old 04-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #2075

If you want the best performance for local over the air TV, then get a DVB-T2 Tuner Box and an Antenna.

Toggle app can not be installed on Mi Box S. It does support Chromecast feature. However previously there were some reports of problems with the built-in Chromecast feature of Mi Box S. Not sure if the issue has been fixed from Toggle side or not.

I saw you asked in the Xiaomi TV box thread as well. Hopefully the owners of Mi Box S can chime in and confirm whether Toggle works or not with Mi Box S now.
There is a confirmation in the Mi Box thread that Toggle work fine now with the built in Chromecast function of Mi Box.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...537957-49.html
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #2076
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sony Android TV is just download the app from the app store and can use straight away. TVB anywhere (must pay) is there and Adrama is there. Use it just like it is. Nothing much to set up.
Henry Ng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #2077

Singtel tv go

Hi, I was able to hide my root using magisk on my h96 max x2 and get pass the Singtel tv go root msg. It no longer detect my system as root, however when it try to launch, it hang at the Singtel TV logo and just hang there... Anyone encounter such an issue?
Shawncck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:32 PM   #2078

Hi, I was able to hide my root using magisk on my h96 max x2 and get pass the Singtel tv go root msg. It no longer detect my system as root, however when it try to launch, it hang at the Singtel TV logo and just hang there... Anyone encounter such an issue?
Interesting. That is a good progress. So it may have more detection mechanisms other than the root check.

Make sure you are connecting to the same network as the SingTel TV Box.

I thought you already got Mi Box S and that is already good enough for SingTel TV Go.

Last edited by xiaofan; 04-06-2019 at 08:34 PM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #2079

Very useful thread!
MarkRenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:14 PM   #2080

Interesting. That is a good progress. So it may have more detection mechanisms other than the root check.

I thought you already got Mi Box S and that is already good enough for SingTel TV Go.
Not yet xiaofan... I havent got... Actually the mi box i want to put at my parent house... but i wan to make them easy to remote... mi box dun have a number pad for remote... so i havent buy... Now my max x2 is able to get pass the singtel tv screen and prompt for account... but after i key my account, it just hang there... Not sure why like that... still figuring out... hopefully can work...
Old 04-06-2019, 10:29 PM   #2081

Very useful thread!
Very strange... I tot i made it.... I was able to login and watch... but the whole app is very lag and after 5 min, it hang me... and now i was not able to go in... Very strange...
Old 04-06-2019, 10:29 PM   #2082

Very strange... I tot i made it.... I was able to login and watch... but the whole app is very lag and after 5 min, it hang me... and now i was not able to go in... Very strange...
Old 04-06-2019, 11:53 PM   #2083

Ok I did it... I was able to install and watch smoothly now. U will need magisk to use singtel tv... I totally remove magisk and supersu and root check was unroot and pass safetynet check but the singtel tv go still detect root. The only was to use is to use magisk to hide and it work well now. Problem is the remote has totally no impact on the app. It cannnot switch channel by number pad. Only can use mouse or air mouse to switch... and i cant exit the app after opening... I need to end the task myself to exit.. Nevertheless, i was able to watch smoothly using my air mouse to switch channel.... Anyone know how to map remote to mouse movement? I want to makae it easy for my parents...
Old 05-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #2084
Master Member

Ok I did it... I was able to install and watch smoothly now. U will need magisk to use singtel tv... I totally remove magisk and supersu and root check was unroot and pass safetynet check but the singtel tv go still detect root. The only was to use is to use magisk to hide and it work well now. Problem is the remote has totally no impact on the app. It cannnot switch channel by number pad. Only can use mouse or air mouse to switch... and i cant exit the app after opening... I need to end the task myself to exit.. Nevertheless, i was able to watch smoothly using my air mouse to switch channel.... Anyone know how to map remote to mouse movement? I want to makae it easy for my parents...
most handphone apps work on mouse only.

singtel tv go works on android tv os, so if you want to make it easy for your parents, buy mibox s or an android TV.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #2085
Arch-Supremacy Member

most handphone apps work on mouse only.

singtel tv go works on android tv os, so if you want to make it easy for your parents, buy mibox s or an android TV.
Android TV is easy to use for sure.
Henry Ng is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.