Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score

dryteletubby

Reaction score
not cannot share, but the recommended by you - popcorn time - will kenna lawyer letter. Showbox is another one if you like to receive lawyer letter.

Isn't popcorn time using relying on yifi torrents for their videos?

I haven't heard any individual getting contacted regarding torrenting copyrighted files. Appart from that one movie which I forgot the name of that nothing came out of it.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting..

Is your SIM card old as in maybe a decade ago not replaced ever since.
The phone read the SIM card when inserted it by default.

All mine are new &or replacement when recontract hence no issue when phone read by default every time.

There was 1 complaint in their forum on being charged on APN internet.

What do you mean Go Select pack don't have Sports as in the BOX itself or Starhub Go App.

Oh, the CSO told me Go Select pack is just sports but when I check later, it's not sports but more.

The confusing part is Starhub never provide TV channels list for each pack. That confuses people which channels belong to which pack.

My SIM card is old, you're right; forgot when I last changed it :s13:.

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
Dallas Buyers Club. But that seem to be a traditional torrent download and keep case.

Popcorn time is relying on torrent but have a streaming option.

I googled as well, dont seem to have any case specifically linked to popcorn time in sg

Isn't popcorn time using relying on yifi torrents for their videos?

I haven't heard any individual getting contacted regarding torrenting copyrighted files. Appart from that one movie which I forgot the name of that nothing came out of it.

boonkang

Reaction score
Oh, the CSO told me Go Select pack is just sports but when I check later, it's not sports but more.

The confusing part is Starhub never provide TV channels list for each pack. That confuses people which channels belong to which pack.

No need to always depend on CSO, you can help yourself by findling the relevant info you need :)

The list of channels for Starhub Go Family pack is at this link:
http://www.starhub.com/personal/mob...-shows/starhub-go-family/channel-listing.html

If you take a look at the above Starhub Go Family pack channel list, there's both linear channels + some catch up (VOD type) channels.

If you have both Starhub Go Family pack + Go Select pack together -- then any extra channel(s) you have that's not included in the above list -- will be from the Go Select pack.

Hope the above helps.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

By listing all the packs which are categorize into different grouping where there would not be any clash in the selection.

1. Actually the Go Select pack is the TV Series with all TV series, TVB dramas, K-dramas, HBO Original and more.
As TV series do have episodes selection to watch.

The best part is if you are watching half-way you can stop and next time to watch it will continue where you have stop, as it have auto bookmarked where you last stop watching.
This apply to all where there is no schedule on the timing in live TV channels.

2. The Go Family Pack is all multi-languages Entertainment channels, Lifestyle, News & Kids, etc.

3. Go Sports is all Sports channels available in the Starhub Go Channels on Live TV.

4. Minority packs are the Go Disney and Eeva Learning Channel.

5. Movie Content Providers channels are HBO GO and FOX+ which would be related to TV services channels.

6. Finally the Movies have either individual Catch-Play or Catch-Play Unlimited pack.

The other part of Starhub Go channels are for related to TV service channels.

Hence Starhub Go do have dual role for both Go and TV services, separately.

Suggest you to get the SIM card replace either while recontract or visit selected shops with CSO to avoid this APN settings.

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
This is one seller out of so many in Sim Lim and COMEX I heard there are alot as well. Add that to online seller, you have alot of people selling these boxes. I think think is like the chinese saying, kill the monkey to warn the chicken.
Police never come up against the users though. Just the companies in civil suit. ODEX and Dallas Buyers Club

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By listing all the packs which are categorize into different grouping where there would not be any clash in the selection.

1. Actually the Go Select pack is the TV Series with all TV series, TVB dramas, K-dramas, HBO Original and more.
As TV series do have episodes selection to watch.

The best part is if you are watching half-way you can stop and next time to watch it will continue where you have stop, as it have auto bookmarked where you last stop watching.
This apply to all where there is no schedule on the timing in live TV channels.

2. The Go Family Pack is all multi-languages Entertainment channels, Lifestyle, News & Kids, etc.

3. Go Sports is all Sports channels available in the Starhub Go Channels on Live TV.

4. Minority packs are the Go Disney and Eeva Learning Channel.

5. Movie Content Providers channels are HBO GO and FOX+ which would be related to TV services channels.

6. Finally the Movies have either individual Catch-Play or Catch-Play Unlimited pack.

The other part of Starhub Go channels are for related to TV service channels.

Hence Starhub Go do have dual role for both Go and TV services, separately.

Suggest you to get the SIM card replace either while recontract or visit selected shops with CSO to avoid this APN settings.

Yeah but somehow the officers that help me recontact every 2 years don't offer to 'renew' my SIM card but I'll try to remember cos just renewed not long ago.

As for Go Family pack or Go Select pack, I think Go Select pack is more applicable to me because my wife likes to watch dramas from all over the world :s13:. So that means I keep the $9.90 and drop $14.90 after 6 months.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to always depend on CSO, you can help yourself by findling the relevant info you need :)

The list of channels for Starhub Go Family pack is at this link:
http://www.starhub.com/personal/mob...-shows/starhub-go-family/channel-listing.html

If you take a look at the above Starhub Go Family pack channel list, there's both linear channels + some catch up (VOD type) channels.

If you have both Starhub Go Family pack + Go Select pack together -- then any extra channel(s) you have that's not included in the above list -- will be from the Go Select pack.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks bro, it's very helpful but I really wonder why Starhub didn't just add the channel number to the table since they have it anyway.

Maybe I'm just more sensitive to numbers :D

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought the H96 max plus tv box.
Any problems?

I got tricked into buying those boxes once and I'll never repeat that mistake. These boxes can go down anytime, if the person is unlucky, it may just stop working the next day.

I originally wanted to get an Android box and subscribe to Viu and Netflix but after seeing Starhub's offer, I decided to try it. Besides, $199 is quite a good deal considering I don't have to worry about whether it'll close down or not.

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
Netflix can only be installed on certified Android TV OS

I got tricked into buying those boxes once and I'll never repeat that mistake. These boxes can go down anytime, if the person is unlucky, it may just stop working the next day.

I originally wanted to get an Android box and subscribe to Viu and Netflix but after seeing Starhub's offer, I decided to try it. Besides, $199 is quite a good deal considering I don't have to worry about whether it'll close down or not.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is one seller out of so many in Sim Lim and COMEX I heard there are alot as well. Add that to online seller, you have alot of people selling these boxes. I think think is like the chinese saying, kill the monkey to warn the chicken.
Police never come up against the users though. Just the companies in civil suit. ODEX and Dallas Buyers Club

If you are in international tv box's forums or facebook groups, you will see many reports from users asking what to do because they received warning letters from ISP.

But it is up to you if you think that downloading movies using torrents is ok. If you peep further, you will realise that using popcorn time to streaming is the same as downloading.

The point here is it is not necessary to risk yourself because there are many better apps for movies which are not illegal to use.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You got tricked into buying box from conman.

There are many conman selling tv boxes. They operate in this way: get cheap $30 boxes, install some free software download from internet, then sell them at $100-$200. Some even print a logo on the box, of course they pass the cost to you.

If you buy the same box with only android os at $30 and install apps yourself, it won't "just stop working at the next day".

Actually there is nothing special about android box, you can view it as an android phone, or android tablet, except that it has no screen, and have to use your tv to see the picture.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
If you are in international tv box's forums or facebook groups, you will see many reports from users asking what to do because they received warning letters from ISP.

But it is up to you if you think that downloading movies using torrents is ok. If you peep further, you will realise that using popcorn time to streaming is the same as downloading.

The point here is it is not necessary to risk yourself because there are many better apps for movies which are not illegal to use.

Letters from ISP about copyright infringement seems to be a US only thing. If you don't want your ISP to spy on your internet traffic, use a VPN.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.