Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree459Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #46
Master Member

For $200-300 & worried so much !
Lol

Many had paid thousands $ for chiropractic/ fitness club / facial .
It's the time involved, inconvenience

K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #47
High Supremacy Member

The reason why I hesitated on Minix is this key consideration : Amconics is the one & only exclusive distributor, which sort of making the device here a monopoly, no longer a free market. So a user's options may be limited should issues arise later. Like the company decided to shut down for good. But overall, I guess they are doing a better job than other brands of Android box , with the exception of AC Ryan's Veolo 4K which also seems like quite a good deal at below $200 price level.
Ryan just sell the hardware and the software part is your tai ji.
AMC promised you the sky about the software.
I remember a lot of unhappiness about the software support few years back on this supplier.
I am not sure whether they still like that.
Just do a little research on the technical specification for the box before you buy cos they may smoke you something else.
When in doubt, dun buy.
Medicated Oil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:27 PM   #48

Is the app running smooth or lag?
wts684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:13 PM   #49

I saw Lazada selling Minix Neo U9-H at $179 by Amconics ? Why is it more ex at the fair ?
iswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:29 PM   #50
Master Member

I saw Lazada selling Minix Neo U9-H at $179 by Amconics ? Why is it more ex at the fair ?
You see amconics also selling iptv sub on lazada? Check out the price. Minix U9 + IPTV sub = price they selling at Comex lor.
ferocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #51

Here are some review which I bought the $299 package.

Today juz have the time to test out the add-on apps n iptv.

Had a few hiccups with login licensing into the box.. entered the code, prompt me error.. -_-" .. as it was midnite 12 plus since they mentioned 24/7 support.. I have forgotten to ask what was the support contact numbers.. the only way is receipt contact numbers.. tried calling to a HP numbers.. a lady pick up the phone.. might be the Taiwan lady boss.. I explained my problems with her and she give my ways to troubleshoot by off and on back the box.. miracle.. iptv was login in without keying the codes again..
With iptv, almost all of the channels are working except 1 or 2 uncommon channels.. mainly all channels works fine and best of all the suppose to be English channels are English example Disney junior, Cartoon Network..
Unlike HDTV or Huat88tv if u know wat I mean..
Met an issue todae are, when a few hrs (2-3) of iptv watched.. my channel suddenly becomes blackout and I tried to switch channels.. still black out.. closing the apps and relaunching will not help.. unless I switch off n on the minix.. n tats the only problem I faced till now..
Anyone got this problem?

For the built in apps.. common apps were installed by them, like cartoon hd, megabox, rss channels, 千寻, terrarium tv, blank Kodi..all working fine.
As I tried to view a movie from cartoon hd..and launched MX player for viewing.. notice I can't search for subtitles as it was unable to select the search buttons in MX.. anyone can teach me?
But with terrarium tv.. I was able to search subtitles using MX players search engine..dunno y..

Overall, I could say I'm happy with minix compare with my old Mibox.. and $299 for box and 4 yrs iptv subscription should be worth it.. the lady boss was kind to answer my calls last midnite when I faced problem login into iptv..
lzhihao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #52
Master Member

Here are some review which I bought the $299 package.

Today juz have the time to test out the add-on apps n iptv.

Had a few hiccups with login licensing into the box.. entered the code, prompt me error.. -_-" .. as it was midnite 12 plus since they mentioned 24/7 support.. I have forgotten to ask what was the support contact numbers.. the only way is receipt contact numbers.. tried calling to a HP numbers.. a lady pick up the phone.. might be the Taiwan lady boss.. I explained my problems with her and she give my ways to troubleshoot by off and on back the box.. miracle.. iptv was login in without keying the codes again..
With iptv, almost all of the channels are working except 1 or 2 uncommon channels.. mainly all channels works fine and best of all the suppose to be English channels are English example Disney junior, Cartoon Network..
Unlike HDTV or Huat88tv if u know wat I mean..
Met an issue todae are, when a few hrs (2-3) of iptv watched.. my channel suddenly becomes blackout and I tried to switch channels.. still black out.. closing the apps and relaunching will not help.. unless I switch off n on the minix.. n tats the only problem I faced till now..
Anyone got this problem?

For the built in apps.. common apps were installed by them, like cartoon hd, megabox, rss channels, 千寻, terrarium tv, blank Kodi..all working fine.
As I tried to view a movie from cartoon hd..and launched MX player for viewing.. notice I can't search for subtitles as it was unable to select the search buttons in MX.. anyone can teach me?
But with terrarium tv.. I was able to search subtitles using MX players search engine..dunno y..

Overall, I could say I'm happy with minix compare with my old Mibox.. and $299 for box and 4 yrs iptv subscription should be worth it.. the lady boss was kind to answer my calls last midnite when I faced problem login into iptv..
Thanks for sharing your encounter. Indeed the lady got first class customer service, I really have to salute her.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

Got the urocks @ 99... Warranty 1 yr but software 3 yrs...

They got store in sls.

Hope it work well.

Got the free mouse and voucher lol.

The purchasing was fast but the queue was slow as the staff needed to load the programs or apps. Hope no virus as staff using thumbdrive to load.

Last edited by NWT1978; 03-09-2017 at 09:20 PM..
NWT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #54
Master Member

They got store in sls.

Hope it work well.

The purchasing was fast but the queue was slow as the staff needed to load the programs or apps. Hope no virus as staff using thumbdrive to load.
First thing is to install the Zoner AntiVirus app from Google play store to scan for potential threats & malware

Old 03-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #55
Master Member

Sorry, pardon me. Is urock the same as unblock ? What is the specs of your drive ? May be can attach a link ? Thanks.

They got store in sls.

Hope it work well.

csc12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:10 AM   #56

They got store in sls.

Hope it work well.

Any review for this urocks @ $99?
alanhsieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #57

I saw ubox, but not urock.
bassline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:37 PM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

First thing is to install the Zoner AntiVirus app from Google play store to scan for potential threats & malware
scan and tested out last night... no problem so far

as to how long the thing will work... unknown...

will they really fulfilled the warranty? unknown too

quality not bad so far...

Last edited by NWT1978; 05-09-2017 at 01:40 PM..
NWT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:18 AM   #59
High Supremacy Member

They got store in sls.

Hope it work well.

i also bought one unit of this.
so far so good.
cannot complain for this price.
only thing is cannot recognize my micro-sd card as external storage.
tested on another android box no issue.
daylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #60

ubox from hongkong is good.
nauticawh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.