Beware of Atrix Dynamics in IT Show...

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw this pc retailer at the recent comex. Everytime I go to PC show. I only considered getting from the 5 retailers, HN, courts, best, Gain city and challengers.

Ended up I always get from HN as the extended warranty price and coverage is the best among them.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw this pc retailer at the recent comex. Everytime I go to PC show. I only considered getting from the 5 retailers, HN, courts, best, Gain city and challengers.

Ended up I always get from HN as the extended warranty price and coverage is the best among them.

Harvey Norman not that good pricing as compared to the past. But will still definitely be better than Atrix in terms of credibility & peace of mind. Can sleep well every night.

balajih67

Reaction score
Harvey Norman not that good pricing as compared to the past. But will still definitely be better than Atrix in terms of credibility & peace of mind. Can sleep well every night.

Been having a good experience with best denki so far. Bought 2 ipads and a laptop from them in the past 2 years.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Been having a good experience with best denki so far. Bought 2 ipads and a laptop from them in the past 2 years.

I bought my Dell monitor from Best Denki @Takashimaya one level up instead of from Sim Lim Square. Can use my credit card without the extra few percent surcharge yo.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I was looking to buy acer laptop swift 3 premium during the comex show. I asked all 4 retailers , best , challengers, courts and HN and all offered the same price $1156. That why i have to decide based on the extended warranty offered.The laptop itself came with 2 years by acer,i was looking for 2+3

Best - Not offered
Challengers - 2+2
Courts 2+1
HN 2+3

HN offered the lowest at $238 for 3 years extension. The rest cost about $180 for just 1 year and at most 2 years.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
I was looking to buy acer laptop swift 3 premium during the comex show. I asked all 4 retailers , best , challengers, courts and HN and all offered the same price $1156. That why i have to decide based on the extended warranty offered.The laptop itself came with 2 years by acer,i was looking for 2+3

Best - Not offered
Challengers - 2+2
Courts 2+1
HN 2+3

HN offered the lowest at $238 for 3 years extension. The rest cost about $180 for just 1 year and at most 2 years.

I see. Most people don't think like you and me. We sure live a long life one bro. Ha ha ....

Reesey

Reaction score
How to tell if unlicensed china windows?
Just bought 1 hp laptop from Atrix group yesterday at SLS

genuine windows 7 will definitely comes with authentication label like this....
This_Copy_of_Windows_is_Not_Genuine_License_Key.gif

it not on their product.

Reesey

Reaction score

actually if you buy any "high value" aka >1k laptop/pc in HN, you can ask for free upgrade or perks before hand.
thats how i got a "free" upgrade to 16gb from initial 8gb ram.
just don't be shy to ask.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
actually if you buy any "high value" aka >1k laptop/pc in HN, you can ask for free upgrade or perks before hand.
thats how i got a "free" upgrade to 16gb from initial 8gb ram.
just don't be shy to ask.

Ok. Noted bro.
But I asked the supervisor of Harvey Norman at the recent Suntec IT show; she don't want to accede to my request leh.
So I got the laptop from Courts, and with more freebies than HN.

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Best - Not offered
Challengers - 2+2
Courts 2+1
HN 2+3

Most of these so called warranty .... very vague.

Make sure you have a copy defining what is covered and what is not.... very conditional...
Some of these conditions they can argue until like not covered within the warranty term.... so don’t just tag a value to the ‘extended warranty timeline’

Reesey

Reaction score
Ok. Noted bro.
But I asked the supervisor of Harvey Norman at the recent Suntec IT show; she don't want to accede to my request leh.
So I got the laptop from Courts, and with more freebies than HN.

i guess thats because she not the brand promoter but rather just regular HN staff or probably the laptop i got was at almost the 1.5k range.

balajih67

Reaction score
i guess thats because she not the brand promoter but rather just regular HN staff or probably the laptop i got was at almost the 1.5k range.

Yes you probably asked the normal HN staff. Brand promotors are the ones who decide the free gifts and upgrades. I asked for my dell at challenger and courts both had no brand promotors and refused 16gig upgrade for ram, but best denki had the staff from dell and they agreed to it and got it done by the dell technicians themselves.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes you probably asked the normal HN staff. Brand promotors are the ones who decide the free gifts and upgrades. I asked for my dell at challenger and courts both had no brand promotors and refused 16gig upgrade for ram, but best denki had the staff from dell and they agreed to it and got it done by the dell technicians themselves.

I see. Seems like a troublesome state of affairs. They should have installed a toll free hotline to the various brands at the IT show.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of these so called warranty .... very vague.

Make sure you have a copy defining what is covered and what is not.... very conditional...
Some of these conditions they can argue until like not covered within the warranty term.... so don’t just tag a value to the ‘extended warranty timeline’

Given a choice. I prefer I won't be making use of the warranty throughout the usage. However One of my laptop which was acer which is already 9 years now did use once during the extend warranty period that I bought from HN. Within the 1st 2nd year by acer. Acer did change motherboard for me. Then on the 4 years spoilt again. Called HN and they asked me to go to the appointed service vendor at sim Lim for repair. Changed motherboard again. Replacement will be done only if unserviceable.

Reesey

Reaction score
Given a choice. I prefer I won't be making use of the warranty throughout the usage. However One of my laptop which was acer which is already 9 years now did use once during the extend warranty period that I bought from HN. Within the 1st 2nd year by acer. Acer did change motherboard for me. Then on the 4 years spoilt again. Called HN and they asked me to go to the appointed service vendor at sim Lim for repair. Changed motherboard again. Replacement will be done only if unserviceable.

hearing the words "sim lim" just make me cringe. but in history, acer and dell do have bad reput for using cheap & nasty part for their laptop/pc built.

Ladytm02

Reaction score
You should check with Asus SG on whether they are the Authorised Reseller first. Then whether they are authorized to carry out the hardware upgrades for Asus customers, on site @Comex, IT Show etc.
The bigger share of responsibility still falls on Asus for not taking proactive actions to enforce measures to weed out any illegal practices by retailers .... especially at major events such as the bigger IT shows.
Good luck, and sorry to have taken you.

That's okay, and thanks for the tips. Just an update: so far both laptops are doing fine except for one keep repeating a notification saying I have to update windows, but when I check there are no updates. I guess this error isn't the fault of the retailer as this has something to do with Windows.

Nothing to be afaid of. Know your rights as consumer. Anything wrong with the laptop just go back to them and bang table if necessary

Thank you for the tip. I'll try to keep that in mind, although as a foreigner in this country I try to be as low profile and good citizen as possible and not cause anything that might take away the privilege of working here :)

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your windows 7 is really too old so it is asking you to go for Windows 10. No more updates and security patches for Windows 7. There are some security risk if u use such old OS because no more security patches from Microsoft.

Last edited:

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
That's okay, and thanks for the tips. Just an update: so far both laptops are doing fine except for one keep repeating a notification saying I have to update windows, but when I check there are no updates. I guess this error isn't the fault of the retailer as this has something to do with Windows.

Thank you for the tip. I'll try to keep that in mind, although as a foreigner in this country I try to be as low profile and good citizen as possible and not cause anything that might take away the privilege of working here

:)

If it's running Windows 7, the issue you mentioned is a fairly common Windows Update problem. I had resolved this problem on my Windows 7 PC before. But I have lost my archived files stored in a Firefox add-on, after I updated the Firefox browser to the newer generation version. It's that Quantum version, I think. So I briefly tell you what I could recall now.
In Windows 7's Windows updater, there are 4 essential files or programs which are required to run properly before the update process can begin. One or two of the files have their settings reverted from AUTO RUN. You need to find them, and ensure that they are set to AUTO RUN mode. Restart your PC, and everything would be back to normal.
Tip : try Google search " four files program windows updater use set to auto".
Good luck..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.