HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Beware of Atrix Dynamics in IT Show...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #61
Master Member

Saw this pc retailer at the recent comex. Everytime I go to PC show. I only considered getting from the 5 retailers, HN, courts, best, Gain city and challengers.

Ended up I always get from HN as the extended warranty price and coverage is the best among them.
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #62
Master Member

Saw this pc retailer at the recent comex. Everytime I go to PC show. I only considered getting from the 5 retailers, HN, courts, best, Gain city and challengers.

Ended up I always get from HN as the extended warranty price and coverage is the best among them.
Harvey Norman not that good pricing as compared to the past. But will still definitely be better than Atrix in terms of credibility & peace of mind. Can sleep well every night.
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #63

Harvey Norman not that good pricing as compared to the past. But will still definitely be better than Atrix in terms of credibility & peace of mind. Can sleep well every night.
Been having a good experience with best denki so far. Bought 2 ipads and a laptop from them in the past 2 years.
K202020K likes this.
balajih67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #64
Master Member

Been having a good experience with best denki so far. Bought 2 ipads and a laptop from them in the past 2 years.
I bought my Dell monitor from Best Denki @Takashimaya one level up instead of from Sim Lim Square. Can use my credit card without the extra few percent surcharge yo.
Old 15-09-2019, 11:53 PM   #65
Master Member

I was looking to buy acer laptop swift 3 premium during the comex show. I asked all 4 retailers , best , challengers, courts and HN and all offered the same price $1156. That why i have to decide based on the extended warranty offered.The laptop itself came with 2 years by acer,i was looking for 2+3

Best - Not offered
Challengers - 2+2
Courts 2+1
HN 2+3

HN offered the lowest at $238 for 3 years extension. The rest cost about $180 for just 1 year and at most 2 years.
K202020K likes this.
Old 16-09-2019, 12:04 AM   #66
Master Member

I was looking to buy acer laptop swift 3 premium during the comex show. I asked all 4 retailers , best , challengers, courts and HN and all offered the same price $1156. That why i have to decide based on the extended warranty offered.The laptop itself came with 2 years by acer,i was looking for 2+3

Best - Not offered
Challengers - 2+2
Courts 2+1
HN 2+3

HN offered the lowest at $238 for 3 years extension. The rest cost about $180 for just 1 year and at most 2 years.
I see. Most people don't think like you and me. We sure live a long life one bro. Ha ha ....
Old 17-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #67

How to tell if unlicensed china windows?
Just bought 1 hp laptop from Atrix group yesterday at SLS
genuine windows 7 will definitely comes with authentication label like this....

it not on their product.
Reesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #68

actually if you buy any "high value" aka >1k laptop/pc in HN, you can ask for free upgrade or perks before hand.
thats how i got a "free" upgrade to 16gb from initial 8gb ram.
just don't be shy to ask.
Old 18-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #69
Master Member

actually if you buy any "high value" aka >1k laptop/pc in HN, you can ask for free upgrade or perks before hand.
thats how i got a "free" upgrade to 16gb from initial 8gb ram.
just don't be shy to ask.
Ok. Noted bro.
But I asked the supervisor of Harvey Norman at the recent Suntec IT show; she don't want to accede to my request leh.
So I got the laptop from Courts, and with more freebies than HN.
Old 18-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #70
Master Member

Best - Not offered
Challengers - 2+2
Courts 2+1
HN 2+3

Most of these so called warranty .... very vague.

Make sure you have a copy defining what is covered and what is not.... very conditional...
Some of these conditions they can argue until like not covered within the warranty term.... so don’t just tag a value to the ‘extended warranty timeline’
Old 18-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #71

Ok. Noted bro.
But I asked the supervisor of Harvey Norman at the recent Suntec IT show; she don't want to accede to my request leh.
So I got the laptop from Courts, and with more freebies than HN.
i guess thats because she not the brand promoter but rather just regular HN staff or probably the laptop i got was at almost the 1.5k range.
Old 18-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #72

i guess thats because she not the brand promoter but rather just regular HN staff or probably the laptop i got was at almost the 1.5k range.
Yes you probably asked the normal HN staff. Brand promotors are the ones who decide the free gifts and upgrades. I asked for my dell at challenger and courts both had no brand promotors and refused 16gig upgrade for ram, but best denki had the staff from dell and they agreed to it and got it done by the dell technicians themselves.
balajih67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #73
Master Member

Yes you probably asked the normal HN staff. Brand promotors are the ones who decide the free gifts and upgrades. I asked for my dell at challenger and courts both had no brand promotors and refused 16gig upgrade for ram, but best denki had the staff from dell and they agreed to it and got it done by the dell technicians themselves.
I see. Seems like a troublesome state of affairs. They should have installed a toll free hotline to the various brands at the IT show.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:31 PM   #74
Master Member

Most of these so called warranty .... very vague.

Make sure you have a copy defining what is covered and what is not.... very conditional...
Some of these conditions they can argue until like not covered within the warranty term.... so don’t just tag a value to the ‘extended warranty timeline’
Given a choice. I prefer I won't be making use of the warranty throughout the usage. However One of my laptop which was acer which is already 9 years now did use once during the extend warranty period that I bought from HN. Within the 1st 2nd year by acer. Acer did change motherboard for me. Then on the 4 years spoilt again. Called HN and they asked me to go to the appointed service vendor at sim Lim for repair. Changed motherboard again. Replacement will be done only if unserviceable.
K202020K likes this.
Old 20-09-2019, 10:24 AM   #75

Given a choice. I prefer I won't be making use of the warranty throughout the usage. However One of my laptop which was acer which is already 9 years now did use once during the extend warranty period that I bought from HN. Within the 1st 2nd year by acer. Acer did change motherboard for me. Then on the 4 years spoilt again. Called HN and they asked me to go to the appointed service vendor at sim Lim for repair. Changed motherboard again. Replacement will be done only if unserviceable.
hearing the words "sim lim" just make me cringe. but in history, acer and dell do have bad reput for using cheap & nasty part for their laptop/pc built.
K202020K likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.