HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree450Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #2221
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can't log in from M1 too to pair a device, even today. Error msg says Web page has moved or not available.
Must use a computer to do the activation.
bumperbee likes this.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:42 AM   #2222

What internet speeds are you guys getting on your boxes to get smooth video playback while streaming live TV or video via the box.

I'm having around 32Mbps down and 20Mbps up when testing via speedtest app but my stream still lags once awhile. and the quality of live TV is not even 4k. its either 720p or SD quality. anyone knows what is going on here? Thanks!
Unique.Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:59 AM   #2223
Arch-Supremacy Member

What internet speeds are you guys getting on your boxes to get smooth video playback while streaming live TV or video via the box.

I'm having around 32Mbps down and 20Mbps up when testing via speedtest app but my stream still lags once awhile. and the quality of live TV is not even 4k. its either 720p or SD quality. anyone knows what is going on here? Thanks!
The video streaming app is not good so it lag.
bumperbee likes this.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #2224
Master Member

Your speed test result shows the speed between your home and isp.

Speed needed for 720p live video is less than 3Mbps.

So your problem is due to the link between isp and the video source.

Change your isp or video source may solve your problem.
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 10-07-2019 at 12:35 PM..
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #2225
Master Member

The Speedtest default sever is base Singapore and you will get good speed.
But the TV app maybe contacting to a distance oversea server and we wont know how the connection from your local ISP to that server.
Thus it may be misleading if you use speedtest.
bumperbee likes this.
CPTMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #2226
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Speedtest default sever is base Singapore and you will get good speed.
But the TV app maybe contacting to a distance oversea server and we wont know how the connection from your local ISP to that server.
Thus it may be misleading if you use speedtest.
Unless there is a speed test feature in the app. But this is unlikely to happen.
bumperbee likes this.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #2227

This page?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT
Yes, it couldn't connect for a week. Now it is working.
bumperbee likes this.
newfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #2228

Where to get the cheapest?
Converse74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #2229
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where to get the cheapest?
You refer to cheapest what? TVB anywhere+ cheapest?
Old 14-07-2019, 12:40 AM   #2230

Looking for overall good Android TV Box.

Hi, can anyone recommended a overall good android tv box for me? I've no idea which brand is good for now. EVPAD 3MAX good? or just get the Xiaomi model? Thanks!
whysss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 02:18 AM   #2231
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, can anyone recommended a overall good android tv box for me? I've no idea which brand is good for now. EVPAD 3MAX good? or just get the Xiaomi model? Thanks!
EVpad easily costs $100+ more than mibox S since it has its own iptv servers. And it's using the phone/tablet version of android, not the tv version. No fhd for Netflix or tvbanywhere compatible

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT
bumperbee likes this.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 08:25 AM   #2232

Android TV Box

Haha good choice for the 4GB/32GB configuration.

https://hometheatrelife.com/beelink-gt1-mini-review/

I actually like the more stylish remote and "old style" interface of Beelink GT1 Mini than the Tanix TX5's generic remote and "more modern" Alice UI.

If one does not need either Chromecast (for apps like Starhub Go or Toggle or Viu Premium) or Netflix HD/4k, then these new generation of S905X2 boxes running Android 8.1 should be pretty good choices, they will run apps like Kodi very well. I will recommend the 4G RAM version.

Among them so far three boxes look good to me, Beelink GT1 Mini, Tanix TX5 Max and to a lesser extent Mecool KM9. Of course the other generic boxes may be a bit cheaper(H96 Max X2, T95Q, X96 Max, etc), but I think I am impressed by the Tanix TX5 Max after 4 generic boxes.
Hi Xiao Fan I am looking at purchasing this: https://www.lazada.sg/products/h96-m...saAgwVEALw_wcB

This is one of your recommendations yes?
flai64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #2233

Hi Xiao Fan I am looking at purchasing this: https://www.lazada.sg/products/h96-m...saAgwVEALw_wcB

This is one of your recommendations yes?
H96 max x2 = not recommended. I am using it now but I don't recommend it to you. The launcher is cmi, always hang. Some YouTube videos can't watch as the screen turn green unless you set to lower resolution. Wifi not good enough, i am using Ethernet. Usb port not stable.
Maybe my set is fake. Still using as it perform better than my older tv box

Would recommend Tanix tx5 max or beelink gt1mini or gt A .
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by mankind66; 15-07-2019 at 09:41 AM..
mankind66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #2234

H96 max x2 = not recommended. I am using it now but I don't recommend it to you. The launcher is cmi, always hang. Some YouTube videos can't watch as the screen turn green unless you set to lower resolution. Wifi not good enough, i am using Ethernet. Usb port not stable.

Got it thanks!
flai64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #2235
Master Member

Actually there is no such thing as 'fake' because there isn't a genuine H96max x2 in the first place.

There is no brand nor registered trade mark so it is free for all, anyone can produce a box called h96max x2.

It is less risky if the box has a brand/model .
bumperbee likes this.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.