HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree424Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #106

I bought mine for $300 a few months ago and it becomes a white elephant. Poor respond to Wifi and unable to connect to cable cos telco block the box
kyrakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #107

I bought mine for $300 a few months ago and it becomes a white elephant. Poor respond to Wifi and unable to connect to cable cos telco block the box
Which brand and which shop?
$300 seems on the high side for 2nd tier & lower brand names.
Can a VPN subvert the telco block ?
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #108
Master Member

See this thread for more discussions regarding android tv box

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...a-5278938.html

Or this singapore facebook group with 27k members
https://www.facebook.com/groups/newtvboxsg/
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:00 AM   #109

Anyone knows what App for movies or tv programs

I almost bought a tv box.

I went to purchase a android tv instead. Hance, i can load apps into my tv directly.

Just wondering if anyone knows what are the apps can install for movies, variety shows etc?

I only know Rss Player( i remember this because i went to see TV box and almost bought one)
blyth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #110

i'm very new to android tv box. can anybody guide me on choosing one? so far i heard minix and ac ryan. what is the IPTV for? the subscription is for the IPTV?
fireantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #111

NVIDIA SHIELD
WINS HANDS DOWN NO NEED TALK
4k BEST PROCESSOR YOU NAME IT LA HAHAHA

http://www.webunit.co.uk/TVBOXES/charts/tvboxchart.html

just that i hate it because its using android tv playstore so many apps need to manual download

2 usb ports 1 for airmouse 1 for 128gb usb tumbdrive, all ready to go, dont say i bojio
confirm need to buy airmouse because the controller they provide sucks big time, unless you no need key in any words then its ok

buy cheap box you need to change yearly, $300 for nvidia box im sure its going to last me for at least 2-3 years

Last edited by OKCANN; 04-01-2018 at 06:42 PM..
OKCANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #112

Planning ti buy a tv box. Any recommendations? Saw a Innox brand promoting in IMM, any comments?
Alanteobh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #113

Homehub contract ending soon and wanted to try using an android box. There's so many of them and the specs are confusing me.

At my friend's house it was lagging very badly but I think that might be more to do with the internet than anything else?

One member here posted he ordered this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...688686159.html

Quite interesting and am eyeing his review.
Anyone else got recommendations? Am hoping for those that don't have any other add on charges/subscription and come pre-loaded with the apps for our favorite channels (sports/movies/starworld/history/discovery etc)
sinisteral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #114
Arch-Supremacy Member

Homehub contract ending soon and wanted to try using an android box. There's so many of them and the specs are confusing me.

At my friend's house it was lagging very badly but I think that might be more to do with the internet than anything else?

One member here posted he ordered this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...688686159.html

Quite interesting and am eyeing his review.
Anyone else got recommendations? Am hoping for those that don't have any other add on charges/subscription and come pre-loaded with the apps for our favorite channels (sports/movies/starworld/history/discovery etc)
Not necessarily it is internet lagging, it may be the app lagging.
Some of the app in such box may have copy right issue.
Henry Ng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 04:26 PM   #115
Supremacy Member

Not really copyright issue.
As there are too many users on the same app will cause this lag to happen at times.

As the server not meant to be in such heavy traffic.
Beside the internet are international and shared.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #116
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not really copyright issue.
As there are too many users on the same app will cause this lag to happen at times.

As the server not meant to be in such heavy traffic.
Beside the internet are international and shared.
Agree with u that it is shared by many users so can lag. The use of such box can also get user into trouble due to copyright act. Recently two Android Tv box companies got arrested and charged in Court. Such app can also be blocked by the Authority so better to avoid buying it. See this

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...premier-league

Last edited by Henry Ng; 15-01-2018 at 07:08 PM..
Old 16-01-2018, 12:42 AM   #117
Supremacy Member

Agree with u that it is shared by many users so can lag. The use of such box can also get user into trouble due to copyright act. Recently two Android Tv box companies got arrested and charged in Court. Such app can also be blocked by the Authority so better to avoid buying it. See this

First it is not about apps are the issue in the copyright case on the android box.

The cause is the way these android box are tampered to allow unrestricted access to copyright shows.

IDMA may not have the right to block apps in this way.
But do have the right to block android box being tampered.

For Apps it is up to Google, Apple & MS to do it.
Hence many apps are not available in the official store.

As i have one app which was REMOVED from Google Store by Google for some infringement issues.
The app is not able to play anymore recently.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 07:56 AM   #118
Arch-Supremacy Member

First it is not about apps are the issue in the copyright case on the android box.

The cause is the way these android box are tampered to allow unrestricted access to copyright shows.

IDMA may not have the right to block apps in this way.
But do have the right to block android box being tampered.

For Apps it is up to Google, Apple & MS to do it.
Hence many apps are not available in the official store.

As i have one app which was REMOVED from Google Store by Google for some infringement issues.
The app is not able to play anymore recently.
Google will do the job. Authority may do the monitoring job. May be in future more enforcement on such boxes and dealer may stop selling to avoid getting into trouble.
Old 16-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #119
High Supremacy Member

The use of such box can also get user into trouble due to copyright act. Recently two Android Tv box companies got arrested and charged in Court. Such app can also be blocked by the Authority so better to avoid buying it. See this

It is the act of selling and thereby profitting from the unauthorised apps that got the companies into trouble.

If you are saying use of such box can also get users into trouble, do you know that such apps are also available for Android mobile phones/tablets? If so, why only TV box...? It seems you lack some understanding on this whole situation.
Pokémon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #120
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is the act of selling and thereby profitting from the unauthorised apps that got the companies into trouble.

If you are saying use of such box can also get users into trouble, do you know that such apps are also available for Android mobile phones/tablets? If so, why only TV box...? It seems you lack some understanding on this whole situation.
They are only taking action on such box now does not mean that watching with the app on handphone is ok. Many app are not available in our local google app store. Such box is easy to catch so they start off with such box first. They may not have the manpower and resources to go into other area.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.