Stay Away: Red bean i-flame tv box

oceanmist73

Reaction score
Guys, would like to share my experience with this product n seller CH2.

I bought a Red Bean i-flame tv box last night at the Comex 2017. They were marketing on 2 of such products: i-flame n the other i-mini or somthing. Claiming that i-flame is a newer model (2017) with better specs n nothing much were said about the i-mini (2016). The original price is varies from $359 to $259 and shop currently selling at $179. As usual, the drama marketing scheme started selling at $159 for limited pcs n eventually dropped to $99.

The board stated 3yrs warranty but the receipt only mentioned 1 yr warranty. When I clarified later, the seller explained that 3yrs warranty for software n 1 yr warranty is meant for the hardware.

I tried connecting n setting it up last night but gave up eventually as it was so slow n lagging.

Not giving up, I tried again this morning. The streaming is extremely slow. I thought it was my wifi reception is my room so I moved the set to the living, set it up right beside my router. Now, I've dual band 1Gbps router n the i-flame can only detect 2.4Ghz bandwidth. The streaming still very slow n i decided to install n try out the speed test.

The results was disappointing. I tried connecting varies wifi i.e. my router, my portable wifi router with 4G SIM n wifi hotspot from my mobiles. The speed ranged from 1mbps to 10mbps only. If you connect to LAN, the speed is still acceptable.

So if you intend to connect via LAN, the product is ok. If wifi, you can forget about it. Next I noticed, the box stated 8GB memory but the internal memory is only 2GB + internal SD storage 4GB.

I went down to the shop at AMK Hub only to realise that several buyer were also complaining about the streaming speed. Then I noticed that they are selling at $100 n said its a low end model. I requested to exchange for other products for the amount I paid but was rejected.

I proceed down to Comex again to demand for a refund. They just refund quietly. Oh boy, I looked at the number of people queuing for the product, a lot of people will definitely be very disappointed.

oceanmist73

Reaction score
open

open

open

open

open

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wanna buy this type of box, most ppl would recommend u to get U-box or EV Pad.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Issue is if the same hardare still available after 1 year. Don't even thino of 3 years.
Always saw some people goes to the shop and complain this cannot watch that cannot work etc. These device depend on some VPN/IP. Most contains are copy right by respective owner or producer. Use it at you own risk.

DO_hum

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some of the people who raised their hand there to buy the limited devices at discounted prices are actually their own people.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some of the people who raised their hand there to buy the limited devices at discounted prices are actually their own people.

Every pc/ it fair, they always kana 1 time. Lol! Yet ppl still continue to buy

jas1701

Master Member
Reaction score

Almost all those hourly sales are like that. Either 1 or 2 of them r actually own ppl.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot of such Android TV box comes with very low end specs. The wifi is usually very slow because of the cheap hardware, and the LAN runs at 100Mbps instead of Gigabit LAN. Having said that, you don't need anything more than 20 to 30 Mbps to stream proper Full HD content. At 720p, the bandwidth requirement is even lower. Laggy playback is usually attributed to the servers which are typically based in China.

buycomputer

Reaction score
All these cheap Android boxes and the smart phones could come with malware apps. I used to buy cheap Lenovo Android phone for less than $100 at such event @Expo and later found out few default apps are malware when using company enterprise malware tool to scan it. They will still be there even with factory reset due to default apps. Imagine having these potentially malicious boxes connected to your home wifi which can reach the rest of your home gadgets and probably detecting all your home wifi activities. Better to get from reputable brand AND seller if really need to have one. My 2 cents. :flash:

AraiBoy

Master Member
Reaction score
The co also stay away la. Last time i buy a tablet from them free earphone. The earphone spoil (i tested on the spot) they gave me a display set earphone (many ppl use liao) to replace.

2nd incident is i bought a samsung j series phone from them "unknowingly" 3 mths later when the screen bo dai bo ji crack i try bring to samsung store i was told is china samsung. Sg no warrenty. Then i look the receipt then realise is the SAME co. LLST lo. Now i see that brand that boss i siam the booth far far

jas1701

Master Member
Reaction score
The co also stay away la. Last time i buy a tablet from them free earphone. The earphone spoil (i tested on the spot) they gave me a display set earphone (many ppl use liao) to replace.

2nd incident is i bought a samsung j series phone from them "unknowingly" 3 mths later when the screen bo dai bo ji crack i try bring to samsung store i was told is china samsung. Sg no warrenty. Then i look the receipt then realise is the SAME co. LLST lo. Now i see that brand that boss i siam the booth far far

Same as xiaomi products. Buy from anywhere other then their actual shop is no warranty. Xiaomi actual shop is at suntec at below address.

3 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec City Mall, #02 - 337-340, Singapore 038983.

Call them and check where other place beside suntec.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same as xiaomi products. Buy from anywhere other then their actual shop is no warranty. Xiaomi actual shop is at suntec at below address.

I treat Xiaomi as a throw-away product when it spoils.
Have or don't have warranty no longer an issue.

Anyway, their customer support to me was terrible.
The Redmi Note 2 I had needed a battery replacement.
I emailed their customer support and was directed to get the battery from the service center.
I went all the way to the service center and was told that the battery is for phones that come in for service and refer me to get online like Qoo10.
So much for buying original.......
:s13:

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

agree. i tot i saw a booth but the booth selling xiaomi phone does not have powerbank.. :(

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, would like to share my experience with this product n seller CH2.

I bought a Red Bean i-flame tv box last night at the Comex 2017. They were marketing on 2 of such products: i-flame n the other i-mini or somthing. Claiming that i-flame is a newer model (2017) with better specs n nothing much were said about the i-mini (2016). The original price is varies from $359 to $259 and shop currently selling at $179. As usual, the drama marketing scheme started selling at $159 for limited pcs n eventually dropped to $99.

The board stated 3yrs warranty but the receipt only mentioned 1 yr warranty. When I clarified later, the seller explained that 3yrs warranty for software n 1 yr warranty is meant for the hardware.

I tried connecting n setting it up last night but gave up eventually as it was so slow n lagging.

Not giving up, I tried again this morning. The streaming is extremely slow. I thought it was my wifi reception is my room so I moved the set to the living, set it up right beside my router. Now, I've dual band 1Gbps router n the i-flame can only detect 2.4Ghz bandwidth. The streaming still very slow n i decided to install n try out the speed test.

The results was disappointing. I tried connecting varies wifi i.e. my router, my portable wifi router with 4G SIM n wifi hotspot from my mobiles. The speed ranged from 1mbps to 10mbps only. If you connect to LAN, the speed is still acceptable.

So if you intend to connect via LAN, the product is ok. If wifi, you can forget about it. Next I noticed, the box stated 8GB memory but the internal memory is only 2GB + internal SD storage 4GB.

I went down to the shop at AMK Hub only to realise that several buyer were also complaining about the streaming speed. Then I noticed that they are selling at $100 n said its a low end model. I requested to exchange for other products for the amount I paid but was rejected.

I proceed down to Comex again to demand for a refund. They just refund quietly. Oh boy, I looked at the number of people queuing for the product, a lot of people will definitely be very disappointed.
Stick with UBOX and evpad. The other TV box will say this and that, at the end of the day, it is a clone and the apps don't work after a few months. "Their servers" will mysterious vanish after the box is sold and the company can disappear before the warranty.

Davidallan26

Reaction score
Fully agree. Stay away from those android box. These are scam. Bought 1 at Comes 2018 and it's not worth even $10. Go ahead and buy than post your experience here.

squarepipe

Reaction score
Not sure what you guys thinking when buying such scam devices. Do you really believe that box made by a small fly company can have video services that replace netflix, cable TV and all other video streaming services??

The operating cost of netflix in one day is probably more than what the maker of that box made in a whole year.

It would be a suicide business model to have lifetime video streaming just for a one time payment when you buy the box.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.