plz be careful when patronising stores, especially newstead

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heng i only buy business model direct from distributor. no such problem. :s13:

atlanticus

Reaction score
But if you buy only a few business units from disti, the price you paid may not be as good as the show price where the retailers will bring in 100++ units of each model from disti to sell at the show at a much steeper discount.

It should be fine to approach those brands manned by superstores and bargain hard. Example, for a $949 lappy selling at $899 at the show, I will upfront tell the promoter to ask his store manager/staff to give me at $800 with no freebies. It may work sometimes. The senior promoters always know the lowest they can go since their comms are the same whatever the price he sold that unit for.

The superstores are as competitive as newstead, or even better. I used to enjoy the battle between harvey norman and best denki when I worked part-time at the shows a long time back.

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I see then I straight siam go to Harvey best or challenger etc

terry1

Reaction score
actually this thread is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

if the incidents are true, you may consider bringing those responsible to small claims court, for the benefit of everybody :D

allanyeowjj

Reaction score
not sure about that. Newstead has booths in levels 3 and 4.
bought a Lenovo ideapad with them, mcafee and backpack included as per what the brochure stated. fair enough. traded in my HP omen for $630 worth of vouchers to offset the price which is good.

the issue is that for Lenovo, understand that they are promoting the Ideapad product line instead of thinkpad. they only have limited thinkpad models on display. however in their brochure, they have models that they are not selling and no stock. for example the Ideapad 320s 14" at the cheapest retail price $899. so people can get mislead. also most of the staff there are interns and they know nth about the products. one girl even directed me to the wrong payment queue!

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah just be careful not to make any baseless allegations nor making false and offensive comments. You can get sued.

It happened before around 2 decades back and it will happen again.

you can put your opinions down but don't give someone a chance of attacking you with lawyer letters.

jammer88798

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their common technique used:
1. Ask you to pay GST when you are about to make your payment.
2. Give you similar model but with old CPU.
3. Old stock, when warranty already start counting.
4. Display set sell as new.

Second this

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
If u r ask to pay gst onli at the payment area.

Ask for receipt, Don't pay. Take pic of receipt and displayed price. Ask for name of the cashier and booth manager. Send evidence to iras.

It is against the law to do that

ljungberger

Reaction score
If u r ask to pay gst onli at the payment area.

Ask for receipt, Don't pay. Take pic of receipt and displayed price. Ask for name of the cashier and booth manager. Send evidence to iras.

It is against the law to do that

Sorry I don't understand. What's wrong with them asking to pay GST for the product?

As in the price should be inclusive of GST or what?

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't understand. What's wrong with them asking to pay GST for the product?

As in the price should be inclusive of GST or what?

yes, like other said.

if the displayed price put $100, it means it sld alr include GST and u sldnt be made to pay $107.

masashi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually long time ago I almost kena at SLS almost 10 years ago. 1st floor looking at Mp3 player, think it was Cowon then was about to pay then suddenly sales guy chut stunt say must pay gst as well. I just walk away from the shop. Can hear that sales guy kpkb at me say he need to earn money smh. :s27:

Sent from LENOVO P2 using GAGT

shangzhao

Reaction score
Bought my AOC Agon AG271QG from them yesterday at it show for just $999. Works as intended. Very pleased with the bargain.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.