HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android TV Box

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2019, 04:34 PM   #1171

Hello,

i am looking to get a android box for my dad room for him to watch chinese channel. Ii mi box s a good option or a android box with kodi is better?
Was also thinking of fire tv.

thank you
Old 07-02-2019, 01:54 PM   #1172

Hello,

i am looking to get a android box for my dad room for him to watch chinese channel. Ii mi box s a good option or a android box with kodi is better?
Was also thinking of fire tv.

thank you
Kodi may not be a good choice for Chinese entertainment. So go for Mi Box S.

For apps you can use the apps mentioned in this thread.
zephyr11 likes this.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 PM   #1173
Master Member

Kodi may not be a good choice for Chinese entertainment. So go for Mi Box S.

For apps you can use the apps mentioned in this thread.

i'm also looking at some apps for the mi box. sorry but don't want to sound lazy.

it's a little hard to tally up the apps mentioned, it pops up here and there, is there like a consolidated post or can edit on the 1st post or something like that?
zephyr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:51 AM   #1174

is it legal?
El999B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #1175

i'm also looking at some apps for the mi box. sorry but don't want to sound lazy.

it's a little hard to tally up the apps mentioned, it pops up here and there, is there like a consolidated post or can edit on the 1st post or something like that?
I started a thread on Android phone Chinese Entertainment apps but it was deleted by the moderator.

I myself use limited apps.

Live TV: 华文电视,超级直播,电视家, hdp直播
VOD: I paid for Youku VIP.
Music: I paid for QQ Music VIP and Xiami Music VIP.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...s-5929935.html

You can also refer to the above iPhone Chinese Entertainment thread for references. There are many more choices though on Android, you will have to search for it.
zephyr11 likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 09-02-2019 at 09:58 AM..
Old 09-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #1176
Master Member

I started a thread on Android phone Chinese Entertainment apps but it was deleted by the moderator.

I myself use limited apps.

Live TV: 华文电视,超级直播,电视家, hdp直播
VOD: I paid for Youku VIP.
Music: I paid for QQ Music VIP and Xiami Music VIP.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...s-5929935.html

You can also refer to the above iPhone Chinese Entertainment thread for references. There are many more choices though on Android, you will have to search for it.

麻花影视,千寻影视,完美视大全,小看吧,大麥影视 for newer/latest shows.

酷喵, 泰捷 , 搜狐, 芒果 for older shows

Please note that there are 2 versions for the apps - handphone version and tv version - use tv version on tvbox for best viewing experience.
zephyr11 likes this.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 09-02-2019 at 12:03 PM..
gregory_choo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #1177
Arch-Supremacy Member

most likely you are doing mirroring from handphone to tv. don't use mirroring if you are watching video.

the better way is chromecast or dlan cast. you can do it only if apps have this feature and your android box has chromecast or dlan cast receiver.

if you do it right, you can turn off your phone after casting, and you can continue watching video on tv.
It's funny how it works after I tried a second time. Is thinking of buying an android box and install apps to watch for another TV.

Any good deals right now?
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:51 PM   #1178
Master Member

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066
If you really need Netflix 4k and Dolby Atmos, firstly check your LG OLED TV supports it or not. If not Apple TV 4k is the only choice among the streaming TV boxes.

If you only need Netflix 4k but do not need Dolby Atmos, then you can look at Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV.

Take note Nvidia Shield TV supports Dolby Atmos but somehow Netflix on Nvidia Shield TV does not.
The Mibox does not support DTS. I could never get 5.1 output.
galliano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #1179

The Mibox does not support DTS. I could never get 5.1 output.
Looks like a problem with Mi Box S FW.

https://en.miui.com/thread-5068767-1-1.html

Anyway if that is so important to you get another box.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #1180

Hello everyone.. I have bought the 55" 9000F model but i am unable to download any toggle app or starhub tv go app . i have downloaded the APK files, used sideload launcher but still failed. any idea what I can do to make it work? I have also tried to use market helper but market helper says the device is not rooted.
comicalsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #1181
Master Member

Hello everyone.. I have bought the 55" 9000F model but i am unable to download any toggle app or starhub tv go app . i have downloaded the APK files, used sideload launcher but still failed. any idea what I can do to make it work? I have also tried to use market helper but market helper says the device is not rooted.
run toggle on the phone and chromecast the video to tv. same for starhub go.
gregory_choo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #1182

Hi. Any experts can kindly help to advise how to install free movies onto android TVs?

Courts can help customers install all the free apk files for movies if u buy TV from them. But I already got one from other place, and dun know to do it myself. Really appreciate if some kind sifu can guide me.

Please help! Thanks!
Saggiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #1183

Hi. Any experts can kindly help to advise how to install free movies onto android TVs?

Courts can help customers install all the free apk files for movies if u buy TV from them. But I already got one from other place, and dun know to do it myself. Really appreciate if some kind sifu can guide me.

Please help! Thanks!
Supposedly your TV vendor should have some guides for you. You can refer to that first to see if it is good enough or not. If not you may want to ask here on specific question/app you want for help.

Eg: Sony Singapore web site on Android TV

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/...icles/00147386

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/...icles/00151961
Old 14-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #1184

Has anyone successfully ran Starhub Go apps on any Android TV box? I am currently viewing Starhub channels on my Android handphone but would like to view it from a TV without using the screen mirroring method.
Vin001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #1185

Which Android box got the latest version (eg. either Nougat or Oreo) and the most recommended ?

recently moi tv "smart" function kapoot riao (software update no more supported )

so thinking of getting Android box for it.

saw popup-ads of the MXG Pro here and there, isit good ?

any Android box sexperts can gib me some advice or recommendation ?
kinderbuenojhj is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.