HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Creative sxfi air headphones

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #31

i am having problems pairing with my S8, my PC cant pair as well after i setup my profile. anyone got any tips

it keeps telling me incorrect pin when i tried to pair with my phone.

but when i tried to pair with laptop it works, there was an additional item besides BLE xxx when i do discovery. Is it a blue tooth issue?

Last edited by ongwk0; 09-03-2019 at 09:55 PM..
ongwk0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #32

Challenger Shop selling SFXI Air at only $209. No idea why Creative inflates the SRP from $219 to $239 then give fake discount of $20 to bring it back to $219.
Exodus2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:21 PM   #33
High Supremacy Member

today selling 199 for the sxfi and "free" headphones
s-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:02 AM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oos ep630

Sent from Pocoyo fan club using GAGT
cuntzbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #35
Master Member

Challenger Shop selling SFXI Air at only $209. No idea why Creative inflates the SRP from $219 to $239 then give fake discount of $20 to bring it back to $219.
not only one item, but most of the others as well. really kns.
kiama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:23 AM   #36

You need to understand how marketing works.

If I were to sell something at $219 and there are no further discounts, you will also not have the urgency to buy the item at the Tech Show.

But... if I were to artificially inflate the price stating that its retail is $239 and that you can get a discount coupon worth $20 just by trying out the SXFI demo making the item go down to $219, you will definitely have a different perspective and feeling towards the same item which was intentionally supposed to be sold at $219 to begin with.

There will be a sense of urgency to make use of this "$20 discount coupon" or risk losing out on the supposed "deal".

That is why, by right, tech shows nowadays don't really have good "deals". Always do your research prior to visiting one. Because most times, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee, Carousell or even brick and mortar stores like Challenger could have a lower price than what is seen at these Tech Shows where as shown, they are not really discounts but a perception of one.
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #37

Creative booth or challenger bro?

today selling 199 for the sxfi and "free" headphones
vieri_best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #38

https://www.hachi.tech/musica/wirele...-0054651192331

Challenger on line is cheaper than pc show?

Available at the shop too?
Old 10-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #39

Creative booth or challenger bro?
The Sxfi dongle with free headphones is selling for $199 at Creative booth in IT show also. The Sxfi Air headphones (no dongle as sxfi embedded in headphones with bluetooth connectivity) are selling for $219 in IT show and also on Creative online store.
vijayp70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:25 PM   #40

Using amp and wired headphone effect is better than the sxfi air.

Overall between noise cancelling and surround sound super XFI, I will still go for noise cancelling.

If creative can have noise cancelling and super SXFI then it’s a game changer. Otherwise, hard to convince myself to get Super xfi without noise cancelling.

Anyone has any experience / feedback about Creative's new xsfi Air headphones with sxfi technology built into the headphones ? They look attractive vs the Amp and free headphone bundle so I am tempted. Let me know.
finale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:20 PM   #41
Administrator

They'll surely have it in future editions.

That's how you roll out products. Never whip out your best when you know you can sell lesser editions first.

For now, the best is to get the amp and your personal headphone of choice.

SXFI Air is just an easy way out for most users.

But if you've been pampered by NC benefits, that's when you'll feel SXFI Air is lacking.

Using amp and wired headphone effect is better than the sxfi air.

Overall between noise cancelling and surround sound super XFI, I will still go for noise cancelling.

If creative can have noise cancelling and super SXFI then it’s a game changer. Otherwise, hard to convince myself to get Super xfi without noise cancelling.
Dr.Vijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #42

The product is a great disappointment. I bought it and sold it off on the same day. I wanted to support local products so bad but this is just not it.

Here's why:

1. Let's start with the packaging box. When I held the box, I didn't feel like I bought a premium product at all. The box is made with flimsy soft cardboard that you get buying China products years ago. But even China products nowadays come with good quality packaging. When I opened the box, I was shocked (again!) to see the plastic mould holding the pair of headphones is such low quality. It felt like I just bought a toy in a pasar malam. You can see they have absolutely put no thought in their packaging design.

2. The quality of the headphone itself is not too bad. The headband pressure is ok for my head. I wore it just long enough to test the sound so I couldn't really tell if it will be comfortable with long hours of wearing it. The buttons have a nice tactile feel so you know you pressed something lol.

3. Pairing and voice prompts: I was shocked the third time with this. The voice prompt has a strong Singaporean accent! It felt like Sim Wong Hoo just got one of his female staff to record the voice prompts. You can clearly hear the words "SD cud", "Bluetoof", "Your headphone is now pad" in full Singlish glory. I know it's made in Singapore, but can't they get a more professional voiceover? Why, Creative, why??

Taking pictures of my ears and face was not as difficult as some reviewers described it to be. I did it myself in front of the mirror and it went well.

The pairing process on my iPhone was not very intuitive. In the SFXI app, it could find the headphone and I could add it. But then nothing happened and there was no other information. I played some music from my phone but there was no sound from the headphone. I had to go into the iPhone Bluetooth setting to connect it before I could hear the music. The app should have explained that but nope.

4. The "holy grail" audio: Sadly, this is not it. I downloaded and tested some 7.1 samples. I closed my eyes to listen closely. There was hardly any difference between the surround and the rear "speakers". LFE was ok but not fantastic. Front left and right is easy to accomplish so no surprise there. Oh, the button to activate the effect is a small button on the left cup. When you press it to turn on the effect, the LED light ring will turn green and then back to the color you personalized. When you press it again to turn off the effect, the LED light ring will turn yellow and then back to the color you selected. However, there is no voice notification when you are wearing it. So it makes me wonder why the need for the green and yellow light if you can't see it when you are wearing the headphone. Why is there no voice notification for it?

As for the holographic audio, I was not impressed. It felt like the sound is coming from outside the headphone, but there is also the hollowness that came with it. The bass is weak although you can adjust the level in the equalizer. But out of the box, it tried but failed to mimic the 7.1. Perhaps (hopefully) the next version will be close.

So, to conclude, with the packaging, the voice prompts and the audio quality, I feel that Creative is so stuck in the 90s with this product. In this day and age, a well-known manufacturer like Creative can no longer just make a product and stuff it into a simple box and sell it to the masses like what it was doing in the 90s. Consumers today are pampered with well-designed products starting from the moment you touch the box. That's why there are youtubers making unboxing videos so interesting because every detail counts! As for the holographic audio, it is not there yet unfortunately.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #43
Supremacy Member

I cant get it to work via bluetooth with my Mate 20 Pro. Wired connection is ok.
一日之内太多人試用,架耳機無做恢復原厰設定,“洗”記錄,就會有咁嘅問題。
我尋晚試聼,同你一樣都有連接問題。。。連接后,無聲添!要搞到兼職推銷必須搵創意科技真職員嚟搞掂連接問題。

最終。。。我對喱款耳機失去興趣係音質問題。
SXFi聲質處理應該係“後期添加”嘅處理過程,就好似你飲黑咖啡可以選擇性加上一片牛油嚟為“味道”增添“色彩”。如果無啓動SXFi,至少聲源音質應該唔受影響。有低音就有低音,有高音就有高音。。。唔係完全嗮!

無SXFi應用程式就無基本“味道”。
200幾蚊買架無“味道”嘅耳機。。。實在。。。悲哀!
Old 11-03-2019, 04:30 PM   #44
Supremacy Member

They'll surely have it in future editions.

That's how you roll out products. Never whip out your best when you know you can sell lesser editions first......
一開始就用高售價“試水”。。。唔係呱???
Old 13-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #45

Tried the wired version at the booth, truly find it amazing with the right music.

Unfortunately, the demo BT set was buggy. Disconnected and had a buzzing sound. Staff was not able to get it working in the couple of minutes i waited. Does not inspire confidence for a 200+ bucks product.

While the product is amazing, there is perhaps quality issues that need to be addressed. Will wait for the next gen product to hop onto the bandwagon.
yattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.