Android TV Box

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never found a web stream that have good quality (bitrate) videos.

Even Netflix 4K looks compressed.

If you are a Videophile, I suggest you download movies 40-100GB for a 4K video or 8GB for a 1080p movie then stream it to your tv box via kodi or plex

That was what i thought too.Till yesterday when i was watching a movie from one of the apps.Legitly solid definition and audio.So there is still hope for better sources of movies here n there.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That was what i thought too.Till yesterday when i was watching a movie from one of the apps.Legitly solid definition and audio.So there is still hope for better sources of movies here n there.

I have Starhub Go and Family pack. So far, it's HD even with a crappy wireless connection. Maybe the routing is better? Free apps has a nasty surprise when you have time to watch TV :s13: (that's my own experience).

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have Starhub Go and Family pack. So far, it's HD even with a crappy wireless connection. Maybe the routing is better? Free apps has a nasty surprise when you have time to watch TV :s13: (that's my own experience).

Any of the local providers will beat everything hands down.It is just the cost of the pirate servers that make me live with the quality output.Wife doesnt like it though.But my wallet is happier;p

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you need about 3-5Mbps for streaming 1080p video.

squarepipe

Reaction score

How do you define solid video quality? No watermarks and stereo sound?

Most streams will not even get close to a blue ray quality.

You should watch a movie that has HDR and Dolby DTS sound. On a TV and audio system that is capable of playing those formats. That way even 4K YouTube looks like crap

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you define solid video quality? No watermarks and stereo sound?

Most streams will not even get close to a blue ray quality.

You should watch a movie that has HDR and Dolby DTS sound. On a TV and audio system that is capable of playing those formats. That way even 4K YouTube looks like crap

You will know good quality when you see one dont you?Sharp.Clear.Looks high def. and surreal.The one i watch did justice to my brand new 4k tv.Maybe not close to a bluray dvd.But very good enough for something on a 2nd rate source.Awaiting to test the full potential on my 4k enabled tv and soundbar when a gd movie props up on bluray dvd.That will be the ultimate orgasm.

Maybe old man eyes.Everything also looks good:)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually that isn't too hard to achieve isn't it? I'm watching on a 60" TV and it's good enough even when I pixel stare :D

It is very easy. Now the minimum plan from starhub, singtel is 300-500Mbps.

Compare 5 to 500 ? 1/100

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share my experience. Got my android box from red bean at sls L1. Bought it last year for my mother. After While, she complained it can't be used anymore.

Today I brought it back to the shop as it has 3 years software warranty. Sounds good right?

Guess what, I go back, they tell me lots of the app can't be used anymore, if I want to jail break to watch more channels, I need to pay $40.. WTF right. Then I pointed out about the 3 years software warranty, then she just load in rss media, delete some of the obselet apps. Nothings else was done. For now, from 20+apps when I first buy, claiming all can watch n today, about 5 apps only.

Seriously? Best is just go to the net n learn how to find your own app, how to jail break. Or just subscribe to those app channel.

You pay what you get. If want to do android TV box then go for the official box by Starhub. They call it Starhub GO Streaming Box which is an android TV box from Starhub. It is from Starhub officially and you can use it on any wifi connection even it is not Starhub internet as long as you are in sg.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Such box is only full HD and if your TV has 4K upscaling then it will be more clear. This box is good but may be a bit expensive for some people.

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
i just bought android tv box for my mum @ SLS for $160 while looking for new PC stuff.....included with international channel and 1 yr warranty ....i dont know whether this is a good buy or not....but im going to see what happen a year later

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just bought android tv box for my mum @ SLS for $160 while looking for new PC stuff.....included with international channel and 1 yr warranty ....i dont know whether this is a good buy or not....but im going to see what happen a year later
Just wait for 3 mths then update here. What brand is your box?

squarepipe

Reaction score
I have posted here before but I am going to post again.

Don't buy the TV box for the piracy streams. Think about it. Is it practical for the manufacturer to provide you with lifetime streams for just a one time payment? More like they give you the stream for a few weeks then the server go down. Then when you go to complain, the seller gone already or claim no longer supporting the box.

Also if you insist on having piracy streams, buy a box form AliExpress for $50 and you can load whatever piracy apps you like into it without paying the extortion charge from the local scammers

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what brand is it?

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
what brand is it?

WaXFV9m.jpg

this brand

ydxgWu8.jpg

receipt given

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
I have posted here before but I am going to post again.

Don't buy the TV box for the piracy streams. Think about it. Is it practical for the manufacturer to provide you with lifetime streams for just a one time payment? More like they give you the stream for a few weeks then the server go down. Then when you go to complain, the seller gone already or claim no longer supporting the box.

Also if you insist on having piracy streams, buy a box form AliExpress for $50 and you can load whatever piracy apps you like into it without paying the extortion charge from the local scammers

Bro if this is true....can u proof ur claim?some picture will do......so at least we can avoid the shop and company
Btw can u share the piracy apps(PM me) so we can load ourself...im thinking of getting one cheaper at ezbuy

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WaXFV9m.jpg

this brand

no brand.

"design in singapore" is BS, or may be it refers to the packaging box.

The normal market price for these type of brandless box is less than $40. So you are paying $120 for the tv apps.

Last edited:

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
no brand.

The normal market price for these type of brandless box is less than $40. So you are paying $120 for the tv apps.

yup first time buy this sort of thing.....so need to find out whether worth it or not.....actually was recommended by my friend which he still using the box since may....coz i went to his house and ask......so let see what happen....

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.