Android TV Box

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What internet speeds are you guys getting on your boxes to get smooth video playback while streaming live TV or video via the box.

I'm having around 32Mbps down and 20Mbps up when testing via speedtest app but my stream still lags once awhile. and the quality of live TV is not even 4k. its either 720p or SD quality. anyone knows what is going on here? Thanks!

The video streaming app is not good so it lag.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What internet speeds are you guys getting on your boxes to get smooth video playback while streaming live TV or video via the box.

I'm having around 32Mbps down and 20Mbps up when testing via speedtest app but my stream still lags once awhile. and the quality of live TV is not even 4k. its either 720p or SD quality. anyone knows what is going on here? Thanks!

Your speed test result shows the speed between your home and isp.

Speed needed for 720p live video is less than 3Mbps.

So your problem is due to the link between isp and the video source.

Change your isp or video source may solve your problem.

Last edited:

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The Speedtest default sever is base Singapore and you will get good speed.
But the TV app maybe contacting to a distance oversea server and we wont know how the connection from your local ISP to that server.
Thus it may be misleading if you use speedtest.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Speedtest default sever is base Singapore and you will get good speed.
But the TV app maybe contacting to a distance oversea server and we wont know how the connection from your local ISP to that server.
Thus it may be misleading if you use speedtest.

Unless there is a speed test feature in the app. But this is unlikely to happen.

newfrog

Reaction score
This page?
NytFxFOl.png

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Yes, it couldn't connect for a week. Now it is working.

whysss

Reaction score
Looking for overall good Android TV Box.

Hi, can anyone recommended a overall good android tv box for me? I've no idea which brand is good for now. EVPAD 3MAX good? or just get the Xiaomi model? Thanks!

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommended a overall good android tv box for me? I've no idea which brand is good for now. EVPAD 3MAX good? or just get the Xiaomi model? Thanks!
EVpad easily costs $100+ more than mibox S since it has its own iptv servers. And it's using the phone/tablet version of android, not the tv version. No fhd for Netflix or tvbanywhere compatible

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

flai64

Reaction score
Haha good choice for the 4GB/32GB configuration.

https://hometheatrelife.com/beelink-gt1-mini-review/

I actually like the more stylish remote and "old style" interface of Beelink GT1 Mini than the Tanix TX5's generic remote and "more modern" Alice UI.

If one does not need either Chromecast (for apps like Starhub Go or Toggle or Viu Premium) or Netflix HD/4k, then these new generation of S905X2 boxes running Android 8.1 should be pretty good choices, they will run apps like Kodi very well. I will recommend the 4G RAM version.

Among them so far three boxes look good to me, Beelink GT1 Mini, Tanix TX5 Max and to a lesser extent Mecool KM9. Of course the other generic boxes may be a bit cheaper(H96 Max X2, T95Q, X96 Max, etc), but I think I am impressed by the Tanix TX5 Max after 4 generic boxes.

Hi Xiao Fan I am looking at purchasing this: https://www.lazada.sg/products/h96-...zFCA84KnMIuQjHyCYrYC8zvjuKnRfVUsaAgwVEALw_wcB

This is one of your recommendations yes?

mankind66

Reaction score
Hi Xiao Fan I am looking at purchasing this: https://www.lazada.sg/products/h96-...zFCA84KnMIuQjHyCYrYC8zvjuKnRfVUsaAgwVEALw_wcB

H96 max x2 = not recommended. I am using it now but I don't recommend it to you. The launcher is cmi, always hang. Some YouTube videos can't watch as the screen turn green unless you set to lower resolution. Wifi not good enough, i am using Ethernet. Usb port not stable.
Maybe my set is fake. Still using as it perform better than my older tv box

Would recommend Tanix tx5 max or beelink gt1mini or gt A .

Last edited:

flai64

Reaction score
H96 max x2 = not recommended. I am using it now but I don't recommend it to you. The launcher is cmi, always hang. Some YouTube videos can't watch as the screen turn green unless you set to lower resolution. Wifi not good enough, i am using Ethernet. Usb port not stable.

Got it thanks!

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually there is no such thing as 'fake' because there isn't a genuine H96max x2 in the first place.

There is no brand nor registered trade mark so it is free for all, anyone can produce a box called h96max x2.

It is less risky if the box has a brand/model .

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xiao Fan I am looking at purchasing this H96 Max X2.

Not recommended.

And I can not recommend Tanix TX5 Max any more because you will not be able to get the original version with Tanix Logo here in Singapore, only OEM version without Tanix Logo which one user already reported issue just after a few months.

You may want to take a look at Mi Box S first. If you somehow think you do not like it, then you can look at Beelink GT1 Mini.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not recommended.

And I can not recommend Tanix TX5 Max any more because you will not be able to get the original version with Tanix Logo here in Singapore, only OEM version without Tanix Logo which one user already reported issue just after a few months.

You may want to take a look at Mi Box S first. If you somehow think you do not like it, then you can look at Beelink GT1 Mini.

Hehe, the user is me, my TX5 Max (OEM) failed less than 3 months after buying it; still has problem flashing.

However, I bought a X96 mini 2/16GB for $28.12. So far it's working just as well as my TX5 Max for toggle and VOD (I don't game but use it daily).

It's about 1/3 of the price of a Mi Box S so if it last long enough, it's actually quite worth it :s13:.

flai64

Reaction score
Not recommended.

By the way....I found Mi Box S on Walmart..best online price I've seen so far: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xiaomi-M...26845085763395301966&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Input voltage may be 110v instead of 230v
But output should be standard, 5v 1amp or 2amp
Your old power supply set from other brands tv box may be able to use.

most are using universal 110-240 power adaptor.

the only 'problem' is 2-pin us plug.

but don't assume, check the wordings on the adaptor before plugging in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.